Rod of Ages
+60 ability power
Passive: This item gains 20 health, 20 mana and 2 ability power every minute, up to 10 times.
Unique Passive – Valor's Reward: On leveling up, restores 150 health and 200 mana over 8 seconds.
Defense > Health|
Magic > Ability Power
Magic > Mana
Rod of Ages is a legendary item in League of Legends.
Cost Analysis Edit
Full Gold Value
- Rod of Ages is gold efficient at its base values without its passive.
- Because this item takes 10 minutes to reach its full potential, it is best obtained early on in the game.
- It is one of the most common items for casters that need more durability or often get mana-hungry, as it gives a large amount of health and mana, as well as a good amount of ability power.
- Rod of Ages currently has a minor bug such that the animation for a stat increase continues to appear every minute, even after the Rod of Ages has reached its maximum stat bonuses.
- Rod of Ages may have been originally named as 'Guinsoos Rod of Oblivion', and its icon is still named as such in the League of Legends install directory.
Patch History Edit
- Item cost reduced to 2800 from 3035.
- Combine cost reduced to 740 from 850.
- Mana reduced to 450 from 525.
- Passive's health per minute increased to 20 from 18.
- Passive – Valor's Reward:
- On level-up heal reduced to 150 from 250.
- Now show you in its tooltip what the current stats on its passive are.
- Item tweaked to give more stats upfront. Total stats left unchanged.
- Base stats increased to 450 health, 525 mana and 60 ability power from 360 health, 425 mana and 50 ability power.
- Bonus cap reduced to 180 health, 200 mana and 20 ability power, from 270 health, 300 mana and 30 ability power.
- Health and mana reduced to 425 from 450.
- Recipe cost increased to 850 from 800.
July 10, 2009 Patch:
- Combine cost reduced to 800 from 865.
May 15, 2009 Patch:
- Combine cost increased to 865 gold from 665.