- The base stats are efficient, without the passive.
- The item is efficient at max stacks.
- On a manaless champion the base stats are worth 2505 and are 89.5% efficient, without the passive.
- On a manaless champion the item is worth 3473 and is 124% efficient at max stacks.
- It is one of the most common items for casters that need durability or mana, as it gives a large amount of health, mana, and ability power.
- ability power. The early and are useful in lane for not only the mana regen but also the healing sustain and increased mana pool. The only downside to this build is / as well as take considerable time to stack. can be very effectively combined with an , the passive on making give a total of 99.5
- Because this item takes to reach its full potential, it is best obtained early on in the game.
- The item is gold efficient at its base values so, although it is preferable to get it early, getting it late is not disastrous.
- The additional stats over time is not "unique". One can have a second and can put all stat increases to use.
- may have been originally named as 'Guinsoos Rod of Oblivion', and its icon is still named as such in the League of Legends install directory.