- 40% attack speed = 1000
- 7% movement speed = 276.5
- 30% critical strike chance = 1200
- passive. is gold efficient, without its
- Secondary bolts do not prioritize champions.
- Secondary bolt critical strikes are dependent on the triggering attack; if the triggering attack critically strikes, so will the secondary bolts. Likewise, the secondary bolts will not critically strike if the triggering attack does not critically strike.
- The lowest base movement speed in the game is 325. At this speed, grants 22.75 movement speed.
- The movement speed stat only increases flat movement speed, and will not interact with other percentage increases.
- While in possession of , you gain a small floating orb that accompanies you around the battlefield. This orb fires up to two additional missiles, functioning similar to .
- Bolts from Phantom Hit even when hitting 2 additional targets because Phantom Hit is triggered with On-Action Effects (not with On-Hit ones) and the bolts hitting 2 additional targets still counts as only one On-Action Effect. will not increase the frequency of 's
Compared to the other items building out of, offers 3 assets over its siblings:
- Improved teamfight damage. 40% per target might not sound like much, but it adds up. Especially when having utility like slows or on-hit effects coupled to your auto-attacks, this item's impact is not to be underestimated.
- Improved lifesteal. By effectively increasing your attack damage by 80%, your lifesteal is improved as well. As a result, you can heal up faster on minion waves or monsters and are less prone to 's reflected damage.
- Improved waveclear. While falling short to strong waveclear potential, it still speeds up your waveclear. However, this might very well be an undesired side effect when buying this item, as it makes freezing waves impossible. This is not a problem after the early game, since freezing at this point is less powerful and you want to push and take out towers as fast as possible.
For those three reasons, Runnan's Hurricane is one of the most, if not the most commonly purchased attack speed/crit chance item.
There are still, however, some crit-focused champions which do not purchase it. For example, champions which do not have synergy with its passive (e.g., ),champions which are focused on casting abilities instead of constantly auto-attacking (e.g. , ), or champions which cannot purchase Runaan's Hurricane at all (e.g. , , ).
Some on-hit ranged champions likeand purchase it because it allows them to apply their on-hit effects in more than one target, even if they are not going to purchase other crit items.
- Runaan's Hurricane is named after Devon 'Runaan' Giehl, an Associate Creative Designer at Riot Games.
- The orb that fires the 2 bolts and floats around the champion it's equipped to is most likely a reference to a similar power up in the Gradius games.
- The item may have been inspired by the alpha/beta item , which was also a bow, though Hurricane's Alpha effect is unknown.