|Stats||+70% attack speed|
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 targets, each dealing 10 (+ 50% AD) physical damage and applying on-hit effects.
|Menu||Attack > Attack Speed|
|Item cost||2400g (600g)|
- 70% attack speed= 2100g
- Total Gold Value= 2100g
- The base stats are gold efficient.
- For the item to be considered 100% gold efficient, the passive would need to have a gold value of 300g.
- Secondary bolts do not prioritize champions. 
- While in possession of Runaan's Hurricane, you gain a small floating orb that accompanies you around the battlefield. This orb fires up to two additional missiles, functioning similar to Lulu's Pix, Faerie Companion.
- The passive will be triggered by the auto-attacks of any champions classified as ranged. This is an attribute applied to champions that is independent of in-game context, such as proximity to the target or a specific champion's attack animation.
- Shapeshifting champions will trigger the effect while in ranged form only, as they are classified as melee while in melee form and the orb disappears returning when they switch again.
- Rengar's Unseen Predator will not trigger the effect despite his autoattacks having 600/750 range, as Rengar is classified as melee.
- Kayle will trigger the effect while Righteous Fury is active despite her attacks having no projectile themselves.
- Although Gnar is officially melee, and simply is given some extra range by his passive, Hurricane works when he is in Mini Gnar mode, and works while he's Mega Gnar.
- Runaan's Hurricane can be affected by blind, as such the secondary bolts will also deal no damage.
- This item's damage scales with your attack damage and not the damage dealt by your attack. As such, it will not scale with Spinning Axe or critical strikes. ,
- It will apply life steal and most item on-hit effects. The effect does not apply on abilities which apply on-hit effects. 'On next attack' effects will only be applied to the primary target.
- The following items also apply to secondary targets:
- cooldown reduction
- mana generation (still limited by cooldowns)
- (only if the attack applies on-hit magic-damage)
- (an extra 3% of current mana will be spent on each additional target)
- stack generation
- stack generation (not the bonus damage)
- shield generation
- movement speed
- The following abilities also apply to secondary targets: 
- Ashe's Frost Shot (does not cost additional mana)
- Caitlyn's Headshot stack generation (not the bonus damage)
- Corki's Hextech Shrapnel Shells
- Gnar's Hyper
- Graves's Quickdraw cooldown reduction
- Jinx's Switcheroo! (Pow-Pow and Fishbones)
- Karma's Gathering Fire cooldown reduction
- Kalista's Rend passive
- Kayle's Holy Fervor (while ranged)
- Kennen's Electrical Surge stack generation (not the bonus damage)
- Kog'Maw's Bio-Arcane Barrage
- Lucian's Lightslinger
- Miss Fortune's Impure Shots
- Nami's Tidecaller's Blessing (lasts after damaging 3 targets)
- Orianna's Clockwork Windup (stacks will never generate with more than one target)
- Sivir's Fleet of Foot
- Teemo's Toxic Shot
- Thresh's Flay (subsequent auto-attack animation will not begin until all projectiles land)
- Tristana's Explosive Shot
- Twisted Fate's Stacked Deck stack generation (not the bonus damage)
- Twitch's Deadly Venom
- Urgot's Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter and Terror Capacitor
- Varus's Blighted Quiver
- The following abilities do not apply to secondary targets:
- The splash from Kayle's Righteous Fury will not trigger as it is not classified as an on-hit effect.
- Lulu's Pix, Faerie Companion and Sivir's Ricochet can only be applied to a single target at any one time because of the way it is programmed to fire after attacking.
- Vayne's Silver Bolts will only apply to the primary target. This is to prevent disabling the skill, as bolt stacks can only be applied to a single target at any given time.
- Miscellaneous effects that also apply to secondary targets:
- Twitch will still trigger the effect while Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat is active. The two missiles fired are unaffected by the ability, and remain single target, targeted missiles. As such, it is possible for an enemy to be damaged by both Twitch's pass-through attacks and this item.
- Attacking turrets will not trigger the effect. 
- The following items trigger when damaged by the secondary bolts:
- (magic on-hit damage only)
- The following abilities trigger when damaged by the secondary bolts:
- Because of the name of the thread Riot revealed this item in, it is often referred to as "The Storm".
- Runaan's Hurricane is named after RiotRunaan, an Associate Creative Designer at Riot Games.
- The orb that fires the 2 bolts and floats around the champion it's equipped to is most likely a reference to a similar power up in the Gradius games.
- The item may have been inspired by the alpha/beta item "Hurricane", which was also a bow, though Hurricane's Alpha effect is unknown.