|Stats||+70% attack speed|
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, each dealing 10 + 50% of your attack damage and applying on-hit effects.
|Menu||Attack > Attack Speed|
|Item cost||2400g (700g)|
Cost Analysis Edit
- 70% attack speed = 2333g
- Total Gold Value = 2333g
Similar Items Edit
- Secondary targets' maximum distance to the primary target: 375
- Secondary bolts do not prioritize champions. 
- While in possession of Runaan's Hurricane, you gain a small floating orb that accompanies you around the battlefield. This orb fires the additional missiles, functioning similar to Lulu's Pix, Faerie Companion.
- The passive will be triggered by the auto-attacks of any champions classified as ranged. This is an attribute applied to champions that is independent of in-game context, such as proximity to the target or a specific champion's attack animation.
- Shapeshifting champions will trigger the effect while in ranged form only, as they are classified as melee while in melee form and the orb disappears returning when they switch again.
- Rengar's Unseen Predator will not trigger the effect despite his autoattacks having 600/750 range, as Rengar is classified as melee.
- Kayle will trigger the effect while Righteous Fury is active despite her attacks having no projectile themselves.
- Runaan's Hurricane can be affected by blind, as such the secondary bolts will also deal no damage.
- This item's damage scales with your attack damage and not the damage dealt by your attack. As such, it will not scale with , Spinning Axe or critical strikes.
- It will apply life steal and most item on-hit effects. The effect does not apply on abilities which apply on-hit effects. 'On next attack' effects will only be applied to the primary target.
- The following items also apply to secondary targets:
- The following abilities also apply to secondary targets: 
- Ashe's Frost Shot (does not cost additional mana)
- Caitlyn's Headshot stack generation (not the bonus damage)
- Corki's Hextech Shrapnel Shells
- Graves's Quickdraw cooldown reduction
- Jinx's Switcheroo! (Pow-Pow and Fishbones)
- Karma's Gathering Fire cooldown reduction
- Kayle's Holy Fervor (while ranged) and Righteous Fury (only on-hit bonus damage, bolts do not splash)
- Kennen's Electrical Surge stack generation (not the bonus damage)
- Kog'Maw's Bio-Arcane Barrage
- Lucian's Lightslinger
- Miss Fortune's Impure Shots
- Nami's Tidecaller's Blessing (lasts after damaging 3 targets)
- Orianna's Clockwork Windup (stacks will never generate with more than one target)
- Sivir's Fleet of Foot
- Teemo's Toxic Shot
- Thresh's Flay (bonus damage based on time will reset on first hit)
- Twisted Fate's Stacked Deck stack generation (not the bonus damage)
- Twitch's Deadly Venom
- Urgot's Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter and Terror Capacitor
- Varus's Blighted Quiver
- The following abilities do not apply to secondary targets:
- Kayle's Righteous Fury's splash will not trigger as it is not classified as an on-hit effect.
- Vayne's Silver Bolts will only apply to the primary target. This is to prevent disabling the skill, as bolt stacks can only be applied to a single target at any given time.
- Lulu's Pix, Faerie Companion and Sivir's Ricochet can only be applied to a single target at any one time because of the way it is programmed to fire after attacking.
- Miscellaneous effects that also apply to secondary targets:
- Twitch will still trigger the effect while Spray and Pray is active. The two missiles fired are unaffected by the ability, and remain single target, targeted missiles. As such, it is possible for an enemy to be damaged by both Twitch's pass-through attacks and this item.
- Attacking turrets will not trigger the effect. 
- The following items trigger when damaged by the secondary bolts:
- The following abilities trigger when damaged by the secondary bolts:
- Annie's Molten Shield
- Fiora's Riposte
- Jax's Counter Strike
- Lucian's Ardent Blaze
- Lux's Illumination
- Pantheon's Aegis Protection
- Poppy's Paragon of Demacia
- Quinn's Harrier and Heightened Senses
- Rammus's Defensive Ball Curl
- Sion's Feel No Pain
- Tristana's Explosive Shot (if the attacked target is killed)
- Because of the name of the thread Riot revealed this item in, it is often referred to as "The Storm".
- Runaan's Hurricane is named after RiotRunaan, an Associate Creative Designer at Riot Games.
- The orb that fires the 2 bolts and floats around the champion it's equipped to is most likely a reference to a similar power up in the Gradius games.
- The item may have been inspired by the alpha/beta item "Hurricane", which was also a bow, though Hurricane's Alpha effect is unknown.