The new system is available to summoners of all levels at no cost and can be customized in champion select, similar to Masteries. However, players may only have a limited number of saved pages but may purchase additional pages for convenience.
OverviewSummoners may choose two Paths, one Primary and one Secondary.
- The Primary Path has one Keystone Rune slot, one Greater Rune slot and two Minor Rune slots.
- The Secondary Path has two Non-Keystone slots - i.e. you have the choice between the path's Greater and Minor runes.
- Each Slot has a unique selection of runes - i.e. an individual Minor Slot has between 2 to 4 choices that are only available from that slot, and the other Minor Slot will have different options.
- An individual path cannot be both your Primary and Secondary path.
There are five paths to choose from, although two are exclusively available as Primary choices:, the slot is shown to provide a bonus based on your Path choices.
Compensation / Farewell Celebration
Existing Rune purchases will be compensated as described below:
- Rune Pages
- No refund for purchases. See below.
- 50% refund for purchases, as well as an exclusive Runebooks Ward Skin.
The reason no is being refunded for Rune Pages purchases is because Rune Pages are not being removed - is being partially refunded as an act of goodwill. All purchased Rune Pages will remain unlocked in the new system.
To celebrate, as well as to give everyone something to spend tens-of-thousands of IP on, the following IP sale is set to occur:
- Skins purchased with IP have an "I purchased with IP" loading screen border.
- Only 1 gemstone can be purchased per account.
Domination Domination can be chosen as either a Primary or Secondary Path.
Inspiration Inspiration can be chosen as either a Primary or Secondary Path.
Resolve Resolve can be chosen as either a Primary or Secondary Path.
Sorcery Sorcery can be chosen only as a Primary Path.
Precision Precision can be chosen only as a Primary Path.
The Bonus Trait is a largely undocumented feature, whose functionality is derived from a work-in-progress screen shot. The following is highly conjectural and subject to being completely inaccurate:
|Secondary Selection ►||Domination||Resolve||Inspiration|
|Primary Selection ▼|
|Sorcery|| The Ancient One:|
+15 Ability Power
|Precision||+% Attack Speed|