- The reapplicable slows from items will not stack with each other.
does not stack with and .
- The strongest item slow will be effective until it is expired. Any other item slow that was applied and not expired will take effect after that.
- The passive functions as if it shared the keyword Icy.
- Note: Slows from activatable items such as count as champion abilities and stack with Icy (although with diminishing returns).
- Smite will apply the 35% slow from Rylai's.
- Single-target activated item effects, such as , will apply the 35% slow from Rylai's.
- Multi-target item effects,such as , will apply the 15% slow from Rylai's.
- The following will not trigger a slow:
- Champion abilities that do not trigger spell vamp.
- On-hit damage dealt by items.
- Damage dealt by the auto-attacks of Clones and Pets/Minions.
- Examples of clones: Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave and LeBlanc's Mirror Image.
- Examples of minions: Heimerdinger's H-28G Evolution Turret and Elise's Spider Swarm.
- See the article for more details, but abilities such as Zyra's Rampant Growth are not classified as pets and will trigger the slow like any standard abilities.
- Rylai is the name of the Crystal Maiden hero in DotA. Rylai specializes in using ice-based crowd control abilities to disable and slow her opponents. The icon for the Crystal Scepter is almost identical to the icon for the Crystal Maiden's and Archmage from Warcraft 3's Brilliance Aura ability.