|"Listen close- urgh, I have important- urgh! This is why I can't take you nice places!"
In V4.20, the base statistics of all champions changed. Please be wary that the information displayed below may be out-dated.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Ryze was designed by Ezreal and Guinsoo.
- Ryze is one of four champions voiced by Adam Harrington, the other three being Kassadin, Mordekaiser, and Shaco.
- He was the first champion released prior Season One to obtain a League Judgement.
- Ryze's original cost was 1350 . He was lowered to 450 on April 12, 2011.
- The scroll that Ryze keeps on his back is seen behind an overturned chair in the Mac Launch preview video.
- In his lore it is said that the scroll which Ryze keeps on his back is indestructible, but in the video "A Twist of Fate", his scroll is cut by Nocturne. However, later in the cinematic, the scroll seems to have reformed. Whether this is because the scroll will always repair itself or not is left unstated, and is up to speculation.
- So far he appeared in all cinematic trailers, with the exception of A New Dawn.
- Ryze shares a quote with Jinx saying "Zap"
- In the U.R.F game mode (available in April 2014), Ryze was disabled in non-custom games. This was most likely due to his naturally low cooldowns combined with his passive, both of which led to locking one enemy in place and barraging him with spells with hardly any counterplay possible.
- Ryze was the first champion to have 9 skins.
- Ryze was the first champion to have 2 Harrowing skins, from 2010 & 2012.
- It is one of the four Collector's Edition skins, the other champions with this distinction are Alistar, Kayle and Annie. It can no longer be obtained, as it was a pre-order skin.
- It is a reference to used in recruitment.
- In the Chinese Uncle Ryze art, that Ryze carries on its back is replaced with other text.
- He is often compared/considered to look like , the God of the Sky and Ruler of the Olympian gods, from Greek Mythology.
- He is only available to those who win official competition matches. The skin was previously known as "Champion" and "Trophy".
- His splash art features several other champions that share the pirate theme. From left to right, these champions are: Bilgerat Rumble, Fiddle Me Timbers, Bilgewater Katarina, Buccaneer Tristana and Bilgewater Swain.