Season four (2014) is the fourth ranked season in League of Legends. Season 4 started on November 20, 2013 with Preseason by two patch V3.14 and V3.15. The end of the pre-season and the official start of Season 4 Champion Series began on January 15, 2014. The Season 4 Championship took place ???, at the ???.
Season 2014 Features
- Gameflow overhaul
- Redefining the Support role
- Overhaul to jungle/support items
- New sight system
- Champions can only have 3 Stealth Wards placed at a time. Placing a new Stealth Ward will replace the oldest. This applies to Stealth Wards from any source.
- Champions can only carry 5 Stealth Wards in their inventory.
- No longer stealthed.
- Health increased to 5 from 3.
- Duration is now indefinite from 180 seconds.
- Champions can only have 1 Vision Ward placed at a time. Placing a new Vision Ward will replace the previous. This applies to Vision Wards from any source.
- Champions can only carry 2 Vision Wards in their inventory.
- Introduced Trinket item
- New masteries: Season 2014 masteries
- Fear changes
- Intro Bots and Team Builder
- New Audio Engine
- Summoner's Rift Update: Open Beta
- Numerous Featured Game Modes
Notable game changes
- New: , , , ,
- Rework: , , , , , , , , , ,
- Champion Update: , , , , , , , , ,
- Improved Champion's running animation: , , , ,
- Numerous updated splash artworks, skins, lores and texture recolored
- Removed from the game
- New item
- , to and to
- to and , to
- to , and
- More AD item changes
- Boot Enchantment
- New icon , , , , , , , , , ,
- Rework: ,
- Icon updates
|April Fools' Patches|