Season Eight (2018) is the eighth ranked season in League of Legends. Season 2018 started on November 8, 2017 with its preseason by four patches V7.22, V7.23, V7.24 and V7.24b. The first patch of the season, V8.1 was released on January 10, 2018. The competitive season started on January 16, 2018.
- New: , .
- Visual and Gameplay Update: , .
- Gameplay Update: , , , , , .
- VFX Update: .
- Lore Update: , , , , , , , , , .
- New: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Removed: , , , , , , , , .
- New: .
- Updated: .
- Game Mode
- Health bars
- New in-game states on health bars.
- Honor reset and new Honor rewards.
- See Runes (Season 2018) for full article.
- Precision (Improved attacks and sustained damage)
- Domination (Burst damage and target access)
- Sorcery (Empowered abilities and resource manipulation)
- Resolve (Durability and crowd control)
- Inspiration (Creative tools and rule bending)
Each Path is structured like a Mastery Tree, with each branch (now Slot) providing a unique selection of runes.
The new system is available to summoners of all levels at no cost and can be customized in champion select, similar to Masteries. However, players may only have a limited number of saved pages but may purchase additional pages for convenience. Influence Points and Riot Points purchased made prior to September 2017 will be partially compensated.
LevelingThe leveling and rewards system is being overhauled to better facilitate unlocking champions, which are now the only item within the store that can be purchased with Influence Points. Firstly, Influence Points and Blue Essence are being combined into a single currency, Blue Essence.
- Summoner Level limit.
- End-of-game currency.
- Levelling Capsule each time you level-up.
To accommodate this:
- A player's current Blue Essence is multiplied by 6.5.
- A player's current Influence Points is converted 1:1 into Blue Essence.
- Disenchanting Champion Shards now gives slightly less Blue Essence.
- Rerolling champion shards into champion permanents.
- Store costs are unchanged - e.g. items that previous cost 6300 now cost 6300.
- Enchantment costs multiplied by 6.5 - e.g. unlocking a 975 Champion shard now costs 4,385 (up from 675).
- First Win of the Day is now a Mission that grants 575 Experience.
End of Season Event
To give players something on which to spend all that compensation, Riot hosted the first Essence Emporium, which included the extremely rare skin for [ | ] 150,000. This sale lasted until from November 8th to November 27th. For more information, see the main article.
- Participation Rewards
|Exclusive Rune Enthusiast Ward||Awarded to:|
Exclusive Veteran Emotes
The awarded Emote does not evolve based on future game time.