|This article or section is under construction.
- New champions
- New masteries
- New and remade items
- The addition of the Gifting Center
- A new League System
- New smart pings (Radial Menu)
- League of Legends Open Beta for Mac
- Restricted Chat Mode
- A new map for tutorial and ARAM games, the Howling Abyss
Notable game changes
- Gold adjustments
- Ambient gold gain increased to 16 per 10 seconds from 13 per 10 seconds - gold gained from farming lane minions and jungle monsters have been slightly reduced to compensate.
- Melee Minion:
- Base gold value reduced to 20 from 22.
- Ranged Minion:
- Base gold value reduced to 15 from 16.
- Siege Minion:
- Base gold value increased to 40 from 27.
- Scaling gold value based on time increased to 1 from 0.5.
- Minion gold values now update more often on a 90 second interval instead of 180.
- Kill and Death streak adjustment
- Kill Streak bonus now caps at 500 Gold, down from 600 Gold.
- Kill Streaks and Death Streaks now accelerate faster by roughly 50%.
- Example: A player with a 4 kill streak will be worth 500 gold - compared to before which required an 8 kill streak.
- Example: A player with a 4 death streak will be worth 126 gold - compared to before which required a 6 death streak.
- Assist Gold
- The bonus gold added for multiple players participating in a kill has been reduced to 150% from 158%.
- Initial difficulty of all jungle camps has been increased.
- Camp difficulty and rewards have been re-distributed more into the large monster in each camp.
- Scaling difficulty and rewards of the primary jungle camps have been **significantly increased.
- Overall rewards have been re-distributed between the 3 primary jungle camps (Wolves, Wraiths, Golems) to better match their difficulty and convenience.
- New jungle items have been added to the store and old jungle items have been adjusted.
- Leashing has been changed:
- Jungle monsters now attack the closest target rather than chasing their original target.
- Whenever jungle monsters switch targets it counts as a “leash” - the maximum amount of leashes after which jungle monsters will reset has been increased to 10 from 3.
- Jungle monsters now deal 50% bonus damage to non-champions (ex: Malzahar's Voidlings, Shaco's Jack in the Box). Initial difficulty of all jungle camps has been increased.
- The "Banking" system has been removed.
- New items:
- All Tier 2 boots can now be upgraded further with an enchantment for a gold cost – All Tier 2 boots share from the same pool of enchantments.
- : Increases movement speed by 15.
- : Dealing damage to a champion with a single target attack or spell grants you a movement speed boost that decays over 2 seconds.
- : Your Ghost, Teleport and Flash cooldowns are reduced by a percentage.
- : Allied champions moving towards you gain a movement speed boost. Additionally, nearby allied minions gain a large movement speed bonus.
- : Being at fountain instantly restores your health and mana. Additionally, you gain a very large movement speed boost that decays over 8 seconds. This passive is disabled if you are in combat.
- Masteries have been reworked.
- All Mastery Pages have been reset.
- Runes have been renamed to be more representative of their actual function (e.g. Mark of Desolation renamed to Mark of Armor Penetration).
|Season Three Login Music|
Season Three Login Animation
|April Fool's Patches|