|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
In order to deliver on the promise of a powerful barbarian, we've added enhanced utility to her skills, allowing her to go head-on as a massive, tanky initiator. With a powerful, a potent , to go along with a tweaked version of , is now even more angry.
- In the jungle
Sejuani's still a riding CC machine out of the jungle. In the early game,keeps her health high while she tears through jungle camps with . The combination of and well-timed from the brush can quickly lock down an enemy for a kill. Once she has a point in , the additional stun makes Sejuani's ganks even deadlier.
- Mid game
Heading into midgame, Sejuani makes an excellent split-push champion, pressuring lanes with, then using a combination of her other abilities to escape enemy ganks. Her full arsenal of crowd-control makes chasing or being chased a frightening prospect for the opposing team; her armor allows her to wade into the front line of skirmishes, secure in the knowledge that her teammates can pick targets off at leisure.
- Late game and teamfights
One of the most imposing initiators in League of Legends, Sejuani can useto force a fight near an objective, or hunt down retreating foes with . As a strong source of magic damage, Sejuani makes a great tank to complement an AD heavy lineup. Her can break up a channeled ultimate or wreak havoc on the enemy team's positioning. All the while she'll absorb huge damage and protect the squishier members of her team by forcing opponents to engage on her with her impressive crowd-control.
By NeeksNaman 
As some of our more discerning lore-hounds may have anticipated, Sejauni, the Winter's Wrath, is charging in as our next upcoming champion. We wanted to take a moment to talk to you about her gameplay, and what you can expect to see.
Hailing from the Freljord,combines raw, physical might with the chilling ice of her homeland. After slowing enemies with her passive on auto-attacks, she can activate her ability to drastically increase the slow and inflict damage. This allows her to continuously disrupt enemy movements and create a threatening presence - a necessity of any primary tank.
Sejuani's initiation ability comes from two sources: the powerful skillshotfrom her and her ultimate. The tramples enemies and applies , while the flings a giant ice shard from her flail, stunning anything it hits by encasing it in ice. Enemies near that target get stunned for a shorter durartion. This makes accurate skillshots important, as Sejuani needs move into the right position to maximize the stun duration on her intended target. If used correctly, this ability can change the outcome of a teamfight. If used on a sub-optimal target, however, it will be partially wasted on a tank or lower-value target.
This being our first mounted champion, we're happy to release not only an epic barbarian woman on a giant boar, but also a tank who can use continuous soft disruption with bursts of big,initiation!
- Champion Spotlight
In this edition of the Champion Spotlight, you'll learn how toenemies into , from the jungle as Sejuani, the Winter's Wrath.
As a, crowd-control machine, tears through monster camps and pressures lanes with high-impact ganks. Her full suite of spells suited perfectly for securing kills, Sejuani bursts from the jungle to knock opponents into the air with . Once stunned, she whittles them down with , and eliminates any escape plans using . Her early game pressure translates to late game initiation and her crowd control can peel enemies off allied champions. From the early game to the end stage, the Winter's Wrath brings home the bacon.
Check out the video for tips, tricks, and sample runes and masteries for going full boar as Sejuani.
- Recommended Items
- Playing As
- provides a lot of utility to beyond its damage output. Use it to escape bad situations, interrupt channeled spells or chase runners.
- has a long range. Saving it until an enemy attempts to escape with a movement ability can allow you to catch back up to them while they're slowed.
- Save for encounters where you have teammates present to take advantage of it.
- Playing Against
- Dodging and can give you a huge advantage. Master using movement abilities or Summoner spells like when tries to engage.
- Stun, slow or knockback when she activates to reduce her ability to deal damage with it.
- Ability Usage
can be cast through walls, making this ability a great escape and chasing mechanism.
- stealth champions such as or . will also stop if she comes into contact with an enemy champion. This is a great way to spot out
- Because through terrain, exploit areas that are potentially unwarded and pass through terrain to where enemies are. This usually results in a surprising initiation worth the use of the cooldown, provided you have the support of your team. can be utilized
- When ganking or in smaller fights, try not to initiate with if possible. Save it for chasing down an enemy who tries to get away with or other escapes.
- Use after you land a basic attack or charge in with . The slow makes it easier for and her allies to pick off the enemy.
- You can extend length by as it is about to end. When done right you can use this to still hit a champion that was far away, adding an element of surprise to it. This can be also used for longer initiations, but remember that your team will not always will have enough gapclosers to catch you up, leaving you alone versus their whole team.
- Proper usage of your ultimate
- As stun, enemies will still be nearly immobile, giving your team a few seconds of time in which to crush key targets. applies to enemies hit in a large area, you can initiate fights by combining it with and . After your
- After stunning people with your , be sure to not use before the stun ends.
- Remember that champion to hit more targets overall. Although this will result with only slowing champions and not stunning them. explodes at the end of its range if it does not collide with an enemy champion. This actually gives it additional range and capabilities if you wish to make use of it. Sometimes you can purposely avoid hitting a specific
- Be really careful when facing champions with This is really important. , or champions like or . Because they may easily dodge , making it useless.
- The enemy's tanks will often try to block and in most cases should) behind them or use on the side to get clear throw and stun more vulnerable targets. . You can (
- Your has a rather impressive 1000 range. Consider waiting for your opponent to use an escape ability before using it (as long as is applied for up to 3 seconds, it can be used from afar). This allows you to gapclose when they least expect it. Your can also be used to close the gap, due to its similar ranged capabilities.
- The most recommended ability priority for jungling is
> > > .
- The first point in area of effect damage on level 1. is necessary to get your jungle started, as it has the highest
- Try not to use . Instead save it for invades and mobility.
- When clearing camps, activate to apply to all the monster in the camp. Then immediately use your .
- When you're afraid of stealing, it is a good idea to use right before you the monster.
- Dragon or Baron pit into the enemy jungle to place a . This can go a long way in amending early game weakness with information of where the enemy jungler is. This is made far safer if you have an momentary idea of where the enemy jungler currently is. is a good tool to dip into the enemy jungle without committing too far. Utilize it to jump from the
- Be aware of pushed lanes, and punish them accordingly. Crimson Raptor camp to lane to punish mid turret dives or mid laners that are too confident, can dive from the top tribush into the river brush to surprise top, and can from around the bottom tribush (around the blue buff) into the river bush to surprise a pushed bot lane. While you won't bring a ton of damage early and will be reliant on the compliance of your laner to get kills, having the reputation of a potential ganker will give you more presence on Summoner's Rift. can utilize from
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Building AP caster is possible, but special considerations must be made owed to her moderate AP ratios (they are however, superior to ) .
as a full
- In a damage-oriented build, magic penetration in the early game. damage quickly adds up thanks to large amount of CC, allowing her to trigger the improved damage of . is probably the most important item to build, with built extremely early in the build path, along with , exploiting
- In the later game, , , and are fine choices, in addition to some survivability items.
- movement speed can be very helpful in pinning opponents down. Keep in mind that will likely be unaffordable on the gold income of a jungler, unless fortune has smiled and given you a tremendous amount of kills. is the more likely option. , and surprisingly are both good items on , as so much of her kit revolves around being close to the enemy, the extra
- In general, the philosophy to building utility meets eccentric damage. is a very capable damage dealer as many of her skills can potentially hit the entire team in one blow, but the problem with her as a carry is she will always be in the thick of things. Cooldown reduction, items, and careful positioning will allow her greater amounts of cooldown rotations, and thereby more success in teamfights. as a damage dealer is
enchantment, , and could very easily be considered core items for .
- Immolate passive. provides a great amount of health and the
- provides an extremely powerful active, as well as many of the stats needs, and an anti-dps passive on-being-hit. Feel more comfortable about taking turret shots once you have obtained it.
- armor and, more importantly, cooldown reduction, which helps deal with her long cooldowns, on top of an extremely powerful defensive aura. However, your support may build this, and a team does not need two. is a fine choice for , as it provides a very large amount of
- AoE skills. is also a reasonable item for late game given that her role in team fights is generally to charge straight into the enemy and hamper them with her
- While not building slows it can rack up a lot of damage over a period of time. It also improves her ability due its health scaling. , consider buying a , it allows for continuous damage on enemies, used in combination with
- Ultimately, CDR is most important statistic to itemize or build for. is so powerful, summoners will want it up for every teamfight, or every instance a carry can be ambushed.
- Building an early CDR required to combo your abilities efficiently. and is arguably best early build. Also consider playing with a team that can allow you to take the second and/or third blue golem. This is ideal for before you gain the
- Consider getting a CDR, but increases your health regeneration, and gives you a significant magic resistance boost. after getting , as not only it gives you 10%
- magic resistance and health. It also assures is not disturbed in making initiations, typically a very important time in what brings to a team. is a great item. Very seldom will leave a fight untouched, and the shield this item provides will mitigate some of that damage, in addition to some
- Because of her early game weakness, placing
can potentially protect both you and your jungle. Although building a is not recommended, as it will delay your build, there are worse options early game, especially if stuck with a support who will not take the initiative to buy one himself.
- If choosing this option, proceed to upgrade the item to as it will give you wards that last longer, and increase 's damage.
- You can also ask your top and bot to ward those jungle entrances, leaving you to cover the near mid lane entrances.
- slow any nearby enemies, keeping them in range. synergizes well with , as upon activating it you can land a double enhanced basic attack, that will deal twice as much damage and also
- Remember to upgrade your trinket, boots, and buy yourself an elixir in late game.
- is an extremely potent ganker once she hits level 4. Refrain from boldly pushing your lane if you believe she's reached this level. Even before level 4, her ganks can still hurt, so always have a in place to prevent getting .
- Once she has a few levels going for her is a very proficient farmer, so it would be wise to try and stop her from farming too much throughout the game, or she may become extremely difficult to deal with/kill later on.
- is a very powerful initiation ability, and if multiple teammates are caught in it, it could prove a difficult recovery. Avoid bunching up while she is near and/or making yourself an easy target.
- is a far better jungle fighter than a lane fighter. Teams are naturally more spread out in a lane or a river, so you may wish to confine your teamfights to those areas. Similarly, anything that wastes her ultimate, such as a flash, or a timely , will mitigate her power considerably.
- If you see her coming, all it takes to disrupt a is one brave tank who steps between her and the rest of the team opposing her, essentially body blocking , which by its nature, will always come in a line directly from her. If you happen to be playing such a champion, taking one for the team potentially makes her a much less efficient adversary.
- Once catches you alone, escape is nearly impossible. Avoid invading her jungle if she's made herself difficult to kill and you are unsure of her position. Also, avoid pushing lanes by yourself if you are not certain you can kill her or get away, or of her location.
- is extremely weak at dueling other champions in the early game, but will become extremely strong if she doesn't fall behind. Due to being one of the most powerful champions in the lategame, it's important if your team can focus on shutting her down. Try counter jungling and playing safe so she can't gank lanes successfully. Coordinate strategies to keep her behind without farm. Take advantage of her glaring early game weaknesses.