|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Arctic Assault can be cast through walls, making this ability a great escape and chasing mechanism.
- When ganking or in smaller fights, try not to initiate with Arctic Assault if possible. Save it for chasing down an enemy who tries to get away with Flash or other escapes.
- Use Permafrost after you land a basic attack or charge in with Arctic Assault. The slow makes it easier for Sejuani and her allies to pick off the enemy.
- Proper usage of your ultimate Glacial Prison is vital.
- As Glacial Prison applies Frost to enemies hit in a large area, you can initiate fights by combining it with Arctic Assault and Permafrost. After your stun, enemies will still be nearly immobile, giving your team a few seconds of time in which to crush key targets.
- Remember that Glacial Prison explodes at the end of its range if it does not collide with an enemy champion. This actually gives it additional range and capabilities if you wish to make use of it. Sometimes you can purposely avoid hitting a specific champion to hit more targets overall. Although this will result with only slowing champions and not stunning them.
- Your Permafrost has a rather impressive 1000 range. Consider waiting for your opponent to use an escape ability before using it (As long as Frost is applied for up to 3 seconds, it can be used from afar). This allows you to close a gap when they least expect it. Your Glacial Prison can also be used to close the gap, due to its similar ranged capabilities.
- Building both and at the same time is not recommended.
- Buying a allows for continuous damage on enemies, used in combination with slows it can rack up a lot of damage over a period of time. It also improves her Flail of the Northern Winds ability due its health scaling, adding up to 81 total bonus damage on a single cast to enemies suffering from Permafrost.
- Much like Leona, building Sejuani as a full AP caster is not ideal due to her moderate AP ratios ( they are however, superior to Leona's) .
- The items , , and could very easily be considered core items for Sejuani.
- provides one of the most powerful active effects an item can give on top of generous health and mana regeneration, CDR and health . However, and passives are not very useful for a jungler.
- provides another extremely powerful active, as well as many of the stats Sejuani needs, and an anti-dps passive on-being-hit.
- may be the most important item for Sejuani, as it provides a very large amount of armor and, more importantly, CDR, which helps deal with her very long cooldowns, on top of an extremely powerful defensive aura.
- is also a reasonable item for Sejuani late game given that her role in team fights is generally to charge straight into the enemy and hamper them with her AoE skills.
- Ultimately, CDR is Sejuani's most important statistic to itemize or build for. Building an early and after GP10 items is arguably Sejuani's best early build. Also consider playing with a team that can allow you to take the second and/or third blue golem. This is ideal for before you gain the CDR required to combo your abilities efficiently.
- Consider getting a after getting , as not only it gives you a massive 20% CDR, but increases your HP regen, and gives you a big MR boost.
- Because of her early game weakness, buying wards is crucial to protect both you and your jungle. Although rushing a is not recommended, as it will delay your build, try and grab one early game to protect your jungle entrances.
- synergizes well with Flail of the Northern Winds, as upon activating it you can land a double enhanced autoattack, that will deal twice as much damage and also slow any nearby enemies, keeping them in range.
- Sejuani's passive stacks with to provide a scaling reduction in the potency of slows from 32.5% (at level one) to 43.75% (at level 17).
- Your skill order should be Flail of the Northern Winds, Arctic Assault, Permafrost, then max Permafrost. After that, max Flail of the Northern Winds or Arctic Assault, depending on your preference or your team's needs. Grab Glacial Prison whenever you can.
- The first point in Flail of the Northern Winds is necessary to get your jungle started, as it has the highest Area of Effect damage on level 1.
- To clear a jungle camp, DO NOT start with Arctic Assault. Instead activate Flail of the Northern Winds to apply Frost to all the monster in the camp. Shortly before Frost is about to expire, refresh its duration with Permafrost to do a sizable amount of damage. Save Arctic Assault for leaving the camp, or escaping a possible gank.
- When choosing whether to max Flail of the Northern Winds or Arctic Assault second, try to evaluate what you need more. If you need damage, max Flail of the Northern Winds first. If you want to roam and chase more effectively, max Arctic Assault for the Cooldown Reduction from leveling it.
- Sejuani is an extremely potent ganker once she hits level 4. Refrain from boldly pushing your lane if you believe she's reached this level. Even before level 4, her ganks can still hurt, so always have a ward in place to prevent getting jumped.
- Once she has a few levels going for her Sejuani is a very proficient farmer, so it would be wise to try and stop her from farming too much throughout the game, or she may become extremely difficult to deal with/kill later on.
- Glacial Prison is a very powerful initiation ability, and if multiple teammates are caught in it, it could prove a difficult recovery. Avoid bunching up while she is near and/or making yourself an easy target.
- Once Sejuani catches you alone, escape is nearly impossible. Avoid invading her jungle if she's made herself difficult to kill and you are unsure of her position. Also, avoid pushing lanes by yourself if you are not certain you can kill her or get away, or of her location.
- Sejuani is extremely weak at dueling other champions in the early game, but will become extremely strong if she doesn't fall behind. Due to being one of the most powerful champions in the lategame, it's important if your team can focus on shutting her down. Try counter jungling and playing safe so she can't gank lanes successfully. Coordinate strategies to keep her behind without farm. Take advantage of her glaring early game weaknesses.