|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
In order to deliver on the promise of a powerful barbarian, we've added enhanced utility to her skills, allowing her to go head-on as a massive, tanky initiator. With a powerful armor-generating passive, a potent knock-up, AoE damage and slow to go along with a tweaked version of Glacial Prison, the Winter's Wrath is now even more angry.
In the jungle
Sejuani's still a riding CC machine out of the jungle. In the early game, Frost Armor keeps her health high while she tears through jungle camps with Flail of the Northern Winds. The combination of Permafrost and well-timed Arctic Assault from the brush can quickly lock down an enemy for a kill. Once she has a point in Glacial Prison, the additional stun makes Sejuani's ganks even deadlier.
Heading into midgame, Sejuani makes an excellent split-push champion, pressuring lanes with Flail of the Northern Winds, then using a combination of her other abilities to escape enemy ganks. Her full arsenal of crowd-control makes chasing or being chased a frightening prospect for the opposing team; her passive armor allows her to wade into the front line of skirmishes, secure in the knowledge that her teammates can pick targets off at leisure.
Late game and teamfights
One of the most imposing initiators in League of Legends, Sejuani can use Glacial Prison to force a fight near an objective, or hunt down retreating foes with Arctic Assault. As a strong source of magic damage, Sejuani makes a great tank to complement an AD heavy lineup. Her charge can break up a channeled ultimate or wreak havoc on the enemy team's positioning. All the while she'll absorb huge damage and protect the squishier members of her team by forcing opponents to engage on her with her impressive crowd-control.
- Arctic Assault can be cast through walls, making this ability a great escape and chasing mechanism.
- Arctic Assault will also stop if she comes into contact with an enemy champion. This is a great way to spot out stealth champions such as Teemo or Twitch.
- Because Arctic Assault can be utilized THROUGH terrain, exploit areas that are potentially unwarded and pass through terrain to where enemies are. This usually results in a surprising initiation worth the use of the cooldown, provided you have the support of your team.
- When ganking or in smaller fights, try not to initiate with Arctic Assault if possible. Save it for chasing down an enemy who tries to get away with Flash or other escapes.
- Use Permafrost after you land a basic attack or charge in with Arctic Assault. The slow makes it easier for Sejuani and her allies to pick off the enemy.
- You can extend Arctic Assault's length by flashing as it is about to end. When done right you can use this to still hit a champion that was far away, adding an element of surprise to it. This can be also used for longer initiations, but remember that your team will not always will have enough gap closers to catch you up, leaving you alone versus their whole team.
- Proper usage of your ultimate Glacial Prison is vital.
- As Glacial Prison applies Frost to enemies hit in a large area, you can initiate fights by combining it with Arctic Assault and Permafrost. After your stun, enemies will still be nearly immobile, giving your team a few seconds of time in which to crush key targets.
- After stunning people with your ultimate, be sure TO NOT USE Permafrost before the stun ends.
- Remember that Glacial Prison explodes at the end of its range if it does not collide with an enemy champion. This actually gives it additional range and capabilities if you wish to make use of it. Sometimes you can purposely avoid hitting a specific champion to hit more targets overall. Although this will result with only slowing champions and not stunning them.
- Be really careful when facing champions with Zed, Fizz etc. Because they may easily dodge your ultimate, making it useless. This is really important. , or champions like
- The enemy's tanks will often try to block your ultimate. You can (and in most cases should) flash behind them or use Arctic Assault on the side to get clear throw and stun more vulnerable targets.
- Your Permafrost has a rather impressive 1000 range. Consider waiting for your opponent to use an escape ability before using it (As long as Frost is applied for up to 3 seconds, it can be used from afar). This allows you to close a gap when they least expect it. Your Glacial Prison can also be used to close the gap, due to its similar ranged capabilities.
- Building Sejuani as a full AP caster is possible, but special considerations must be made owed to her moderate AP ratios (they are however, superior to Leona's) .
- In a damage-oriented build, is probably the most important item to build, with the built extremely early in the build path, along with , exploiting magic penetration in the early game. damage quickly adds up thanks to Sejuani's large amount of CC, allowing her to trigger the improved damage of .
- In the later game, , , and are fine choices, in addition to some survivability items.
- , and surprisingly are both good items on Sejuani, as so much of her kit revolves around being close to the enemy, the extra movement speed can be very helpful in pinning opponents down. Keep in mind that will likely be unaffordable on the gold income of a jungler, unless fortune has smiled and given you a tremendous amount of kills. Lich bane is the more likely option.
- In general, the philosophy to building Sejuani as a damage dealer is "utility meets eccentric damage." Sejuani is a very capable damage dealer as many of her skills can potentially hit the entire team in one blow, but the problem with her as a carry is she will always be in the thick of things. Cooldown reduction, stasis items, and careful positioning will allow her greater amounts of cooldown rotations, and thereby more success in teamfights.
- The items
with the Ciderhulk enchantment, , and could very easily be considered core items for Sejuani.
- health, CDR, and a bit of damage to an early game jungler. provides jungle utility in the early game, generous
- provides an extremely powerful active, as well as many of the stats Sejuani needs, and an anti-dps passive on-being-hit. Feel more comfortable about taking turret shots once you have obtained it!
- CDR, which helps deal with her very long cooldowns, on top of an extremely powerful defensive aura. However, your support may build this, and a team does not need two. is a fine choice for Sejuani, as it provides a very large amount of armor and, more importantly,
- Sejuani late game given that her role in team fights is generally to charge straight into the enemy and hamper them with her AoE skills. is also a reasonable item for
- Buying a Flail of the Northern Winds ability due its health scaling, adding up to 81 total bonus damage on a single cast to enemies suffering from Permafrost. allows for continuous damage on enemies, used in combination with slows it can rack up a lot of damage over a period of time. It also improves her
- Ultimately, CDR is Sejuani's most important statistic to itemize or build for. Sejuani's ultimate is so powerful, summoners will want it up for every teamfight, or every instance a carry can be ambushed. Building an early and is arguably Sejuani's best early build. Also consider playing with a team that can allow you to take the second and/or third blue golem. This is ideal for before you gain the CDR required to combo your abilities efficiently.
- Consider getting a after getting , as not only it gives you 10% CDR, but increases your HP regen, and gives you a big MR boost.
- is a great item. Very seldom will Sejuani leave a fight untouched, and the shield this item provides will mitigate some of that damage, in addition to some magic resist and health. It also assures Sejuani is not disturbed in making initiations, typically a very important time in what Sejuani brings to a team.
- Because of her early game weakness, buying wards can potentially protect both you and your jungle. Although building a
is not recommended, as it will delay your build, there are worse options early game, especially if stuck with a support who will not take the initiative to buy one himself.
- If choosing this option, proceed to upgrade the item to as it will give you wards that last longer, and increase your W dps.
- You can also ask your top and bot to ward those jungle entrances, leaving you to cover the near mid lane entrances.
- Flail of the Northern Winds, as upon activating it you can land a double enhanced autoattack, that will deal twice as much damage and also slow any nearby enemies, keeping them in range. synergizes well with
- Sejuani may achieve a maximum of 49.375% slow resistance with the Swiftness mastery and at level 17.
- Remember to upgrade your trinket, boots, and buy yourself a potion in late game.
- The most recommended skill prority is:
- The first point in Flail of the Northern Winds is necessary to get your jungle started, as it has the highest Area of Effect damage on level 1.
- Try NOT TO USE Arctic Assault. Instead save it for invades and mobility.
- When clearing camps, activate Flail of the Northern Winds to apply Frost to all the monster in the camp. Then immediately use your Permafrost.
- When you're afraid of stealing, it is a good idea to use Permafrost right before you Smite the monster.
- Arctic Assault is a good tool to dip into the enemy jungle without committing too far. Utilize it to jump from the Dragon or Baron pit into the enemy jungle, to place a pink ward. This can go a long way in amending Sejuani's early game weakness with information of where the enemy jungler is. This is made far safer if you have an momentary idea of where the enemy jungler currently is.
- Be aware of pushed lanes, and punish them accordingly. Sejuani can utilize Arctic Assault from wraith camp to lane to punish mid turret dives or mid laners that are too confident, can dive from the top tribush into the river brush to surprise top, and can Arctic Assault from around the bottom tribush (around the blue buff) into the river bush to surprise a pushed bot lane. While you won't bring a ton of damage early and will be reliant on the compliance of your laner to get kills, having the reputation of a potential ganker will give you more presence on the rift.
- Sejuani is an extremely potent ganker once she hits level 4. Refrain from boldly pushing your lane if you believe she's reached this level. Even before level 4, her ganks can still hurt, so always have a ward in place to prevent getting jumped.
- Once she has a few levels going for her Sejuani is a very proficient farmer, so it would be wise to try and stop her from farming too much throughout the game, or she may become extremely difficult to deal with/kill later on.
- Glacial Prison is a very powerful initiation ability, and if multiple teammates are caught in it, it could prove a difficult recovery. Avoid bunching up while she is near and/or making yourself an easy target.
- Sejuani is a far better jungle fighter than a lane fighter. Teams are naturally more spread out in a lane or a river, so you may wish to confine your teamfights to those areas. Similarly, anything that wastes her ultimate, such as a flash, or a timely , will mitigate her power considerably.
- If you see her coming, all it takes to disrupt a Sejuani is one brave tank who steps between her and the rest of the team opposing her, essentially body blocking her ultimate, which by it's nature, will always come in a line directly from her. If you happen to be playing such a champion, taking one for the team potentially makes her a much less efficient adversary.
- Once Sejuani catches you alone, escape is nearly impossible. Avoid invading her jungle if she's made herself difficult to kill and you are unsure of her position. Also, avoid pushing lanes by yourself if you are not certain you can kill her or get away, or of her location.
- Sejuani is extremely weak at dueling other champions in the early game, but will become extremely strong if she doesn't fall behind. Due to being one of the most powerful champions in the lategame, it's important if your team can focus on shutting her down. Try counter jungling and playing safe so she can't gank lanes successfully. Coordinate strategies to keep her behind without farm. Take advantage of her glaring early game weaknesses.