Serpent Isles, or Blue Flame Isles, is an island archipelago off the southeastern coast of the Valoran mainland.
Champions of Serpent Isles
Other Related Champions
- is as specter that attacked Bilgewater during the Harrowing and laid waste to the port of Grey Harbor.
- is as specter that punishes betrayers in Bilgewater.
- is as specter that attacked a Bilgewater ship.
- defended Bilgewater against the Black Mist.
- is a specter that slaughtered every inhabitant of Port Mourn.
- defended Bilgewater against the Black Mist.
- is antagonistic towards after the latter stole his personal warship, The Leviathan.
- is a glutton that preys on Bilgewater victims.
- is as specter that attacked Bilgewater during the Harrowing.
- is antagonistic towards after the latter ransacked the Temple of the Jagged Knife in Ionia.
The culture of Serpent Isles is deeply tied to Bilgewater, the island's nation. Bilgewater, over the years, has become an important stop for trade ships traveling near the Serpent Isles. While this increased the nation's wealth and influence on Valoran, the trade routes also brought piracy, and the island's inhabitants found themselves caught in a frenzy of pillaging. Things have relatively settled down since those days. Many inhabitants now strive to unite under Bilgewater in order to make themselves into a strong and independent society.
More recently, the Island has been under assault from the Shadow Isles, that attacks in the form of "Black Mist" and probably in undead armies. The threat has been successfully fought off by the combined efforts of a Leviathan, , , and its own residents, however, and have successfully raided the island at least 2 times, leaving no survivors on the attacked towns.
- Main Article: Bilgewater.
The Bilgewater Union (commonly referred to as Bilgewater) is an island nation of the Serpent Isles, which are located in the southeastern coast of Valoran. Over time becoming a vital stop for trade ships traveling near the Serpent Isles. While this increased the nation's wealth and influence over Valoran, it has also made the nation a major refuge for piracy, and the island itself a tempting target for pirate raids. Rum is the nations major export, which is made in the various pubs and taverns down Fleet Street. Before sailing into the port, onlookers can see the image of a white skull on the large rock behind the city.
On the isle of Buhru, one of the isles of the Bilgewater island chain,  battle isn't considered a test of strength but of will.  These Isles are the location from which the Religion of Nagakabouros and its originate from.
- Main Article: Serpentine River.
The Serpentine River is a river not too far from Bilgewater. It runs through part of the Serpent Isles archipelago that includes the island that Bilgewater occupies.
- The Land and coastal areas house an large assortment of astounding creatures, such as: Wharf Rats and .
- There are also more mundane creatures inhabiting the coastlines and docks such as seagulls.
- Various monsters from across Runeterra are shipped through the black market, trained extensively and sold as living commodities for entertainment, industrial use or simply as loyal underlings. The illegal trade is especially prevalent in a pirate haven such as Bilgewater. As is the principle in the black market trade, those who pay more Krakens undoubtedly get better monsters than those who pay less. Examples of these mercenary beasts are: , , , and .
- For more detail, see Ironback.
are squat bipedal creatures that resemble turtles or tortoises. Though not as tall as a human adult, they are far wider and more heavily-built. When domesticated and used for combat, they act as siege engines. Their stout strength can tear down whole structures with ease; and when outfitted with armor to complement their thick hide, they can endure the most grievous assaults.
- For more detail, see Razorfin.
a terrifying blend of shark and rat commonly found on the docks of Bilgewater. These creatures are larger than dogs and are known to prey upon drunks and lone fishermen on moonless nights. They often travel in packs, and are easily capable of biting a man's leg off.
- In Bilgewater one can come across many astounding creatures brought from the dark and mysterious Guardian's Sea, such as: Dragon-Sharks, Sea Serpents, Giant Squid, Four-eyed Shark Creature and Kraken.
- There are also more mundane creatures inhabiting the sea, coastlines and docks such as: octopi, hammerhead sharks, devilfish, clams and fish.
Dragon-sharks are a large deep-ocean dwelling species of sharks native to the seas around Bilgewater. A hide of one of the sharks is used for creating a shop stand on the Butcher's Bridge in Bilgewater. One of the famous Dragon-Sharks is Chomper, who terrorized the shorelines of Bilgewater before being defeated by Fizz and becoming his companion.
Four-eyed Hammerhead Sharks
Four-eyed Hammerhead Sharks are an ocean dwelling species of sharks native to the seas around Bilgewater. Their brown hide is rough, almost scale like. Their head is in the shape of a hammer with two pairs of eyes and also have five fins for movement.
Giant Squids are a deep-ocean dwelling species of squid native to the seas around Bilgewater. They tend to be the size of a house, although some are said to grow even bigger, and can sometimes attack smaller ships. They are also usually hunted for either food or sport, the latter of which is just as dangerous as the former.
Krakens are large serpent/octopi-like species that have been sighted in the seas around Bilgewater. They possess a set of tentacles and five eyes, two pairs and one large one at the center of the forehead. The mythos behind this species is so well known on the Serpent Isles and that many structures in honor of this species were constructed by the original denizens of Bilgewater. Their image has been used for the currency of Bilgewater, know as Golden Krakens.
- For more detail, see Ocklepod.
are crustacean-like creatures that magically hover above the ground unassisted. They either inhabit or have been outfitted with a metallic helm with submarine periscope jutting above, the creature's eyes peek through the helm and periscope. This creature is mostly used for intelligence-gathering and support roles as they are capable of magically shielding nearby allies as well as revealing distances. This is especially infuriating in attrition wars as the creature's telepathic sight could easily reveal an ambush and its shielding capability is able to see troops through the thickest of fires.
- For more detail, see Plundercrab.
are large crustaceans that wear cannon-mounted parapets as their shell. It is unknown whether they inhabit the said weaponry naturally, or are purposely outfitted. Used as living artillery pieces, they lay down cannon fire from afar. They seem very intelligent for an animal, as they can trained to pick out high-priority targets to focus fire upon.
- For more detail, see Rift Scuttler.
Bilgewater and in Summoner's Rift. They are small green-shelled crustaceans with 3 pairs of legs and one pair of front claws. They sometimes bury themselves into the muck of the river to avoid predators and are known to either avoid or flee from dangers. To confer peaceful resolution (hence the elusive pacifist nickname) to the force that subdues it, it will grant them a boon: a persistent field around it that grants vision and magical speed to the aggressor and its allies. If corrupted by The Void, a Rift Scuttler turns into a .or Rift Scuttlers live in the fresh waters of Valoran and can be found near the docks of
Sea Serpents are a large species of ocean dwelling serpents native to the seas around Bilgewater. They presents on the sea is so well known be the denizens of Bilgewater that their nations crest and currency is a Sea Serpent. They can also be summoned by serpent callers. One account from the Harrowing records the might of these creatures, having halted the progress of the Black Mist before it reached Bilgewater, though the beast was slain in the process.
- The Serpent Isles are also refered by some as the Blue Flame Isles.