Riot Games provides servers to host various things in League of Legends, such as: logins, games, chat, the RP Store, the shop, etc.
To help solve the problems of high-latency because of distance and language barriers, Riot Games hosts multiple servers around the world.
*There some servers around world that is not Riot-Run Servers. For an example. SEA servers are run by Riot Game Partner Garena. And China Servers run by Tencent (Which is they are in partnership since Tencent bought Riot Games with a majority stake
|Server Countries||Server Name||Abbreviation||Release Date||Language(s)||Location|
|Brazil||BR||September 13, 2012||Portuguese||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Europe Nordic & East||EUNE||July 13, 2010||Czech, English, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian||Frankfurt, Germany|
|Europe West||EUW||July 13, 2010||English, German, Spanish, French, Italian||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Latin America North||LAN||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Miami, FL, United States|
|Latin America South||LAS||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Santiago, Chile|
|North America||NA||October 27, 2009||English||Chicago, Illinois,
|Oceania||OCE||June 28, 2013||English||Sydney, Australia|
|Russia||RU||April 17, 2013||Russian||Munchen,Germany|
|Turkey||TR||September 27, 2012||Turkish||Istanbul, Turkey|
|Japan||JP||March 15, 2016||Japanese||Tokyo, Japan|
|South East Asia||SEA||July 17, 2010||Varies by Client|
|Republic of Korea||KR||December 12, 2011||Korean|
|Public Beta Environment||PBE||English||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
Possible Future Servers
This is a list including servers that have been hinted, announced, or have been requested frequently.
- African Servers (Frequently Requested)
Transfers to another server
When creating an account, player must choose a server on which wants to play (usually the one whose server belongs their country). Once created, this belongs solely to the server in which was created, and the login credentials are not valid for other servers.
In order to play with the account in another server, that is, to transfer it to another server, transfer can be purchased in Riot Store of the PvP.net client, on the tab "Account".
Generally, transfers to another server costs 2600. RU, TR, BR, LAN and LAS servers does not have the possibility of transfer to some servers. Currently, is not possible to transfer from or to servers SEA and KR, the first one because the server is hosted by 3rd party Garena, and the later one due to be available only to users in South Korea.
- ↑ http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20110204/147/tencent-acquires-majority-stake-riot-games
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2447104
- ↑ http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/announcements/platform-migration-europe#
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Silver, Kaitlin. "League of Legends Servers Now Live in Latin America". GameSkinny.
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=14694
- ↑ http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/league-legends-lands-oceania
- ↑ http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=565225
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=169187