Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Shaco was designed by Steve 'Guinsoo' Feak. 
- His name is officially pronounced /ʃeɪkoʊ/ (shae-ko); it is unknown if /ʃækol/(sha-koh) is considered incorrect.
- His name probably comes from " ", a cylindric hat of various European light infantry worn during the 18th century and later; Shaco wears a cylindric hat in some of his skins as well. Assuming it is, the letter C may have been subbed to create an anagram of the word "Chaos" for creative effect.
- It is also a possible reference to the , a unique item in Diablo II. The unique's base item is the "Shako".
- Shaco has obvious similarities to
of the franchise, such as his mysterious origins, his appearance (his face is often drawn with a long, sharp nose and a big smile, and they both have white skin), his voice, and some of his quotes which references Joker-esque quotes throughout the Batman franchise.
- His story's description of him as "Valoran's first fully functioning homicidal comic" is a direct reference to Batman where the Joker describes himself as "the world's first fully-functioning homicidal artist".
- Shaco is one of the four champions currently voiced by Adam Harrington, the same voice actor for Kassadin, Mordekaiser and Ryze.
- Shaco is one of a few champions to have multiple textures in one skin. When he uses Hallucinate, his clone will be of a different colour palette which can only be seen by Shaco and his allies. To the opposing team, the two Shacos look exactly the same, including copies of any external buffs and item effects active at the moment the clone is spawned (Prior to patch V5.22, clones did not duplicate external buff/active item effect particles).
- Shaco's dance is here. . A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Shaco was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. However, he was not one of the selected champions.
- Shaco once stabbed Ram Steed almost to death after Ram Steed interviewed him.
- The icon for Two-Shiv Poison is reference to the opening scene in .
- His taunt "Why so serious?" is a reference to The Dark Knight, being the famous catchphrase uttered by The Joker throughout the movie.
- LeBlanc and Shaco's joke are almost identical. Shaco says "For my next trick, I'll make you disappear!" whereas LeBlanc says "For my next trick, I'll make their life bar disappear."
- LeBlanc and Shaco's joke is similar to a phrase said by Kefka from Final Fantasy VI at min 3.25.
- Mad Hatter Shaco [ |
- It is a reference to the Annie has a counterpart skin called Annie in Wonderland.
- He shares this theme with Annie.
- Asylum Shaco [ |
- Workshop Shaco [ |
- It is a reference to
from the franchise, and is depicted as a clockwork killing machine.
- This reference is further supported by the League of Legends post announcing the skin's release, which states 'Go ahead and wind him up, if you dare.' as the first mechanical toys ran on clockwork mechanisms instead of batteries.
- Masked Shaco [ |
- It is a commemorative skin created to celebrate League of Legends' first anniversary in Korea. For some time it was only available for them.
- Prior to its original name, Masked Shaco is the third light-themed skin for a dark-themed champion. The others being Arclight Varus and Justicar Syndra.
- Wild Card Shaco [ |
- This skin is a reference to the modern
- " " (known also as "The Joker") is a compared to " " in the of the deck. They share many similarities both in appearance and play function; the Fool is often the highest trump, or else an "excuse" that can be played at any time but cannot win. Though, the inspiration for using the " " imagery on the joker may have derived from the Fool card.
- He shares this theme with Ezreal, Mordekaiser, Syndra and Twisted Fate.
- It has been confirmed by Riot that there is a friendly relationship between Shaco, Nocturne, and Fiddlesticks.
- Related Themes