- Shaco has obvious similarities to
of the franchise, such as his mysterious origins, his appearance (his face is often drawn with a long, sharp nose and a big smile, and they both have white skin), his voice, and some of his quotes which references Joker-esque quotes throughout the Batman franchise.
- His story's description of him as "Valoran's first fully functioning homicidal comic" is a direct reference to Batman where Joker describes himself as "the worlds first fully-functioning homicidal artist".
- Shaco was voiced by Adam Harrington, the same voice actor for Karthus, Kassadin, Mordekaiser and Ryze.
- "Shaco" is an anagram of "Chaos".
- Shaco is one of a few champions to actually have multiple textures in one skin. When he uses Hallucinate, his clone is a different color than that of the real Shaco, although this can only be seen by Shaco and his allies. To the opposing team, the two Shacos look exactly the same, unless you have some sort of external buff or item effect active.
- Shaco's dance is here . . A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Shaco was designed by Guinsoo.
- Shaco was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. However, he was not one of the selected champions.
- Shaco once stabbed Ram Steed almost to death after Ram Steed interviewed him.
- His name probably comes from "shako", which is the cilindric hat the light infantry used to wear in the 18th century and later; Shaco wears a cilindric hat in some of his skins as well. Assuming it is, the letter C may have been subbed to create an anagram of the word "Chaos" for creative effect.
- It is also a possible reference to the , a Diablo 2 Unique item. The unique's base item is the "Shako".
- Two-Shiv Poison icon is reference to opening scene in .
- His taunt "Why so serious?" is a reference to The Dark Knight, being the famous catchphrase uttered by The Joker throughout the movie.
- Leblanc and Shaco's joke are almost identical. Shaco says "For my next trick, I'll make you disappear!" whereas LeBlanc says "For my next trick, I'll make their life bar disappear."
- Mad Hatter Shaco is a reference to the of ; Annie has a counterpart skin called Annie in Wonderland.
- Batman also has an enemy named Mad Hatter, and considering Shaco's similarities with The Joker, could also be classified as Trivia.
- Shaco's Champion Spotlight was released on the same day as Asylum Shaco
- Workshop Shaco is a reference to from the franchise, and is depicted as a clockwork killing machine.
- This reference is further supported by the League of Legends post announcing the skins release, which states 'Go ahead and wind him up, if you dare.' as the first mechanical toys ran on clockwork mechanisms instead of batteries.
- In his Classic skin's artwork, the spike on Shaco's right shoulder pad is visible, but on his in-game model it is not.
- Masked Shaco is a commemorative skin created to celebrate League of Legends' first anniversary in Korea. It is currently available to them only.
- Prior to it's original name, Masked Shaco is also the third light themed skin for a dark themed champion. The others being Arclight Varus and Justicar Syndra
- The texture for Masked Shaco's Jack In The Box looks similar to Karma in it's appearance. This may just be coincidence, as the jacks are often supposed to be similar in appearance to the skin itself.