- is gold efficient without its passive.
- Optimal use of Spellblade makes this item at least gold efficient on every champion. Spellblade must be used at least once every 6 seconds (on average) for the item to be considered gold efficient.
(Assuming a champion procs Spellblade every 1.5s, including an average casting time of 0.5s, that equals 2 seconds between each proc, or 0.5 damage procs per sec. This damage value is compared to extra on-hit damage whose procs scale with attack speed.)
- 100% baseAD on-hit / (attack speed / 0.5) = BASE AD × 25 / (2 × ATKSPD).
- (2 can be replaced with the number of seconds between each proc.)
- runes, and masteries is not included, nor does it include the bonus damage from skills like Ezreal's Mystic Shot, Gangplank's Parrrley, Irelia's Bladesurge, or Shaco's Deceive. (as well as ) only multiplies the champion's starting base attack damage plus any gained from leveling up. Bonus attack damage from items,
- If the attack is a critical hit, the bonus damage from is not boosted.
- Sheen bonus damage procs off life steal. It does not proc off Spell Vamp, however.
- The proc has a cooldown of 1.5 seconds, and the 10 second bonus damage buff does not stack. Using two skills in quick succession will not accrue two stacks of bonus damage, but one.
- The bonus damage does not stack with , , , or since they all have a unique passive with the same name.
- Only the more damaging is used:
- 75% base AD + (50% AP) bonus magic damage.
- 100% base AD + (30% AP) bonus magic damage.
- 200% base AD bonus physical damage.
- 125% base AD bonus physical damage.
- 100% base AD bonus physical damage.
- The passive on Sheen effectively costs 256 , this is equivalent to 11.77 AP. For Sheen to be worth purchasing, the passive must deal more damage than an additional 11.77 AP would.
- The proc effect of Nunu's Blood Boil. causes the champion's weapon or hands glow red, the same graphic as
- Passive toggle abilities such as Blood Scent do not proc effect but active toggle abilities such as Ravenous Flock do.