|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Shen was designed by Guinsoo.
- Shen is voiced by  .
- The word "Shen" could be read as "God" in Chinese. The word "慎" (meaning caution), with same pronunciation, is used on Chinese clients.
- Shen was the first champion in League of Legends to use energy to cast his abilities, rather than mana or health like most other champions.
- Shen and Zed do not have their faces revealed in any of their skins. Kennen's Karate & M.D. skins and Akali's All-star, Nurse, & Blood Moon skins, respectively, reveal their faces.
- He was one of the champions chosen for the Ionian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. However, he was the ban choice by Noxus.
- He carries dual . This could be a reference to Leonardo from who wields dual ninjaken. Both are leaders of their teams and share the color blue.
- Shen has a strong resemblance to Joe Musashi, the ninja from the Sega game series Shinobi. The two ninjas also share the same walk animation and dash.
- Shen's Vorpal Blade ability is a reference to Lewis Carroll's poem, Jabberwocky.
- His dance bears a resemblance to the martial art commonly known as .
- Shen was the first champion that can potentially heal an enemy champion through the use of Vorpal Blade. They share this with Kindred, who can potentially heal an enemy via Lamb's Respite.
- Along with Twisted Fate, and Pantheon, Shen was one of the first champions to have a global teleport. Following changes to the other two's abilities Shen was the only champion to have a global range teleport until the release of Rek'Sai.
- "If light travels so fast, how come it's never caught a ninja?" is a direct reference to the web series.
- You're already dead, you just haven't caught up yet. is a reference to from the Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken in original Japanese) franchise.
- Shen's quotes "Enforced equilibrium." and "Tread carefully." may be references to the 2002 movie "Equilibrium". The first contains the name of the movie and the other is spoken by the main antagonist as part of the quote "Tread carefully Preston, you're treading on my dreams.".
- He shares a quote with Zed: "Without a sound."
- He shares a quote with Kennen: "From the shadows."
- His quote: "Tread carefully." is similar to Akali's quote: "Tread lightly."
- He resembles from the " " franchise.
- He also resembles from the " " series.
- In his splash art, Shen is fighting what appears to be Shockblade Zed.
- He resembles from the " " franchise.
- This skin is a possible reference to The Adventures of Dr. McNinja which protagonist is a ninja who decided to be a doctor.
- Nurse Akali can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- This skin was proposed by the community.
- His second sword is a giant .
- He shares this theme with Akali and Kennen.
- Blood Moon Zilean, and mask of both Blood Moon Kalista, Blood Moon Kennen, and Blood Moon Yasuo can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- He wears a  to cover his face, making him the "dark spirit".
- He shares this theme with Akali. The masks they are wearing are the ones used in the Japanese .
- He shares this skin with Akali, Elise, Kalista, Kennen, Thresh, Yasuo, and Zilean.
- Crimson Akali can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- It may be a reference to the game Shogun 2: Total War. Many highly ranked units wear helmets and robes similar to the one Shen is wearing, as well as the banner on his back resembling the generic player banner from the game.
- This skin has different updated animations compared to his other skins.
- This skin is related to "Taipei Assassins", who have won the League of Legends Season 2 World Championship finals.
- This skin represents Stanley of Taipei Assassins.
- He shares this theme with Dr. Mundo, Ezreal, Nunu and Orianna.
- Shen is a member of the Kinkou Order along with Akali and Kennen. The three shadow warriors work together in order to preserve the balance in Valoran.
- Shen was the rival of Zed a former disciple of the Kinkou Order, who was banished after he used forbidden techniques to defeat Shen. Zed later returned and killed Shen's father, Master Kusho.
- Shen and his fellow ninjas are at war with Zed and his Order of Shadows.
- Shen thinks there might be another way to save Zed
- Shen inherited his title from his father.
- Lord Kusho, Shen, and Zed were responsible for capturing and imprisoning Khada Jhin.
- ↑ Zileas on Guinsoo's designs
- ↑ Keith Silverstein's official website
- ↑ New Skins Now Available
- ↑ Creative Design AMA - Zed, the Master of Shadows