|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- The word "Shen" literally means "God" in Chinese. The word "慎" (meaning caution), with same pronunciation, is used on Chinese clients.
- Shen was the first champion in League of Legends to use energy to cast his abilities, rather than mana or health like most other champions.
- Shen, Zed and Jax do not have their faces revealed in any of their skins. Kennen's Karate & M.D. skins and Akali's Soccer, Nurse, & Blood Moon skins, respectively, reveal their faces.
- Shen was designed by Guinsoo.
- Shen is voiced by .
- Shen was one of the champions chosen for the Ionian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. However, he was the ban choice by Noxus.
- Shen carries dual . This could be a reference to Leonardo from who wields dual ninjaken. Both are leaders of their teams and share the color blue.
- Shen has a strong resemblance to Joe Musashi, the ninja from the Sega game series Shinobi. The two ninjas also share the same walk animation and dash.
- Shen's Vorpal Blade ability is a reference to Lewis Carroll's poem, Jabberwocky.
- Shen's dance bears a resemblance to the martial art commonly known as .
- Shen is the only champion that can heal an enemy, using Vorpal Blade.
- Shen along with Twisted Fate, and Pantheon, were the only three champions to have global teleporting ultimates. Following changes to Twisted Fate and Pantheon's ultimates, Shen's was the only one to retain its range, leaving Shen with the only global teleport.
- "If light travels so fast, how come it's never caught a ninja?" is a direct reference to the web series.
- You're already dead, you just haven't caught up yet. is a reference to from the Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken in original Japanese) franchise.
- Shen shares a quote with Zed: "Without a sound."
- Shen shares a quote with Kennen: "From the shadows."
- Shen's quote: "Tread carefully." is similar to Akali's quote: "Tread lightly."
- Yellow Jacket Shen resembles and Frozen Shen resembles from the franchise. He is also currently the only champion to have multiple skins that, with no speculation required, reference the same origin.
- Surgeon Shen skin is a possible reference to The Adventures of Dr. McNinja which protagonist is a ninja who decided to be a doctor.
- In the Blood Moon Shen skin, he wears a to cover his face, making him the "dark spirit".
- Blood Moon Shen and Blood Moon Akali share a Blood Moon skin theme. The masks they are wearing are the ones used in the Japanese .
- TPA Shen skin is related to "Taipei Assassins", who have won the League of Legends Season 2 World Championship finals.
- Warlord Shen may be a reference to the game Shogun 2: Total War. Many highly-ranked units wear helmets and robes similar to the one Shen is wearing, as well as the banner on his back resembling the generic player banner from the game.
- Shen is a member of the Kinkou Order along with Akali and Kennen. The three shadow warriors work together in order to preserve the balance in Valoran.
- Shen was the rival of Zed a former disciple of the Kinkou Order, who was banished after he used forbidden techniques to defeat Shen. Zed later returned and killed Shen's father.
- Shen and his fellow ninjas are at war with Zed and his Order of Shadows.
- Shen inherited his title from his father. 
- Shen thinks there might be another way to save Zed