|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Shyvana was designed by Coronach.
- Shyvana is voiced by Cassiopeia, Fiora, Zyra, and Elise. , Who also voices
- Shyvana's ultimate, Dragon's Descent, is the only non-toggle champion ability in the game that is not cooldown based.
- Shyvana's dance is from the music video RIVER by the Japanese idol group here. . A side-by-side comparison of the dance can be seen
- Shyvana's lore was changed after release, removing references to being attacked by a mob and instead having Jarvan IV save her from the wrath of the dragons. This change was done because it was felt that the original lore did not make it sensible for her to join Demacia.
- Her lore was changed once more to have Shyvana simply team up with Jarvan IV on the similar goal of slaying the dragon that killed Shyvana's father.
- Shyvana was the first champion since Kog'Maw to not receive a League Judgement. With the exception of Varus, no other champion since then has received a Judgement either.
- Shyvana's rage system was mislabeled as "Dragon's Blood" on her mechanics preview.
- Shyvana is the third champion to feature a physical transformation ability, the others being Nidalee and Swain released before her, and Zyra and Elise released after her.
- Shyvana's transformation looks more like a wyvern than a traditional dragon, as dragons are supposed to have 4 legs and 2 wings, while wyverns only have 2 legs and 2 wings.
- Shyvana's quote, "The quiet before battle.", is similar to the popular idiom "The calm before the storm."
- Shyvana's quote, "On wings of fury.", is similar to Vayne's quote, "On wings of night."
- Her original splash art got updated in patch 4.15.
- It is a reference to the worn by warriors of different cultures.
- Scale armor is often associated with in various fantasy genres. This is most likely due to how the individual metal scales are overlapped with each other, resembling the fictional scales of a dragon.
- The dragon form bears a resemblance to from the franchise.
- It is a community requested skin, fan named Whiteout Shyvana, the original Whiteout Shyvana however, was more focused on the white colors than on the actual cold theme that Ice Drake Shyvana has. The original thread can be found here.
- Moved by Shyvana's plight, Jarvan IV assisted her in slaying the mighty dragon that killed her father. After the battle, Jarvan IV offered Shyvana a place as a noble warrior in the ranks of the Demacian Elite Guard. Out of gratitude and necessity, Shyvana accepted.
- Garen views Shyvana with disapproval due to her lack of discipline and self-control. Among Demacians, Shyvana gets along with Xin Zhao best, after Jarvan.
- Shyvana is curious and (probably) envious of Nidalee's freedom and her balance between her human and animal forms, and doesn't understand Ahri's desire to become fully human. Shyvana hates being turned into a squirrel by Lulu. Shyvana sees Twitch and Zyra as no more than a snack and something to burn, respectively.
- Galio is a friend of Shyvana's and it is implied that his wisdom has a calming effect on her rage.