|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Shyvana was designed by Coronach.
- Shyvana is voiced by Cassiopeia, Fiora, Zyra, and Elise. , Who also voices
- Shyvana's lore was changed after release, removing references to being attacked by a mob and instead having Jarvan IV save her from the wrath of the dragons. This change was done because it was felt that the original lore did not make it sensible for her to join Demacia.
- Her lore was changed once more to have Shyvana simply team up with Jarvan IV on the similar goal of slaying the dragon that killed Shyvana's father.
- Shyvana was the first champion since Kog'Maw to not receive a League Judgement. With the exception of Varus, no other champion since then has received a Judgement either.
- Shyvana's ultimate, Dragon's Descent, is the only non-toggle champion ability in the game that is not cooldown based.
- Shyvana's dance is from the music video RIVER by the Japanese idol group here. . A side-by-side comparison of the dance can be seen
- Shyvana's rage system was mislabeled as "Dragon's Blood" on her mechanics preview.
- Shyvana´s name may be a reference to the hinduist deity "Shiva" , as they share similar featues, such as the blue skin and the theme of destruction.
- Shyvana is the third champion to feature a physical transformation ability, the others being Nidalee and Swain released before her, and Zyra, Elise, and Gnar released after her.
- Considering Shyvana is only a half-dragon, her transformation looks more like a wyvern than a traditional European dragon, as dragons are traditionally depicted as having 4 legs and 2 wings, while wyverns only have 2 legs and 2 wings.
- Shyvana's quote, "The quiet before battle.", is similar to the popular idiom "The calm before the storm."
- Shyvana's quote, "On wings of fury.", is similar to Vayne's quote, "On wings of night."
- It is a reference to the worn by warriors of different cultures.
- Scale armor is often associated with in various fantasy genres. This is most likely due to how the individual metal scales are overlapped with each other, resembling the fictional scales of a dragon.
- Her dragon form might be a reference from B. Skull Dragon from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. Her human form visually resembles Princess Mononoke.
- Her dragon form might be a reference to Red-Eyes B. Dragon from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.
- It is a community requested skin, the concept named by fans as Whiteout Shyvana. However, the original Whiteout Shyvana was more focused on the "white colors" than on the icy theme that Ice Drake Shyvana has. The original thread can be found here.
- This skin was made in celebration of the 2014 World Championship.
- Shyvana is the first of the championship skins to not have their season's crest/Roman Numeral involved with the skin
- She shares this theme with Kalista, Riven, and Thresh.
- Moved by Shyvana's plight, Jarvan IV assisted her in slaying the mighty dragon that killed her father. After the battle, Jarvan IV offered Shyvana a place as a noble warrior in the ranks of the Demacian Elite Guard. Out of gratitude and necessity, Shyvana accepted.
- Garen views Shyvana with disapproval due to her lack of discipline and self-control. Among Demacians, Shyvana gets along with Xin Zhao best, after Jarvan.
- Shyvana is curious and (probably) envious of Nidalee's freedom and her balance between her human and animal forms, and doesn't understand Ahri's desire to become fully human. Shyvana hates being turned into a squirrel by Lulu. Shyvana sees Twitch and Zyra as no more than a snack and something to burn, respectively.
- Galio is a friend of Shyvana's and it is implied that his wisdom has a calming effect on her rage.
- Related Themes