Siege minions are ranged minion. One siege minion spawns every three minion waves between the and .
- After 20 minutes, siege minions spawn once every 2 waves and from the 35th minute onward, siege minions spawn every wave to accelerate the game pace by making pushing easier.
- They are controlled by artificial intelligence, and only use basic attacks to attack.
- While under the effect of or , siege minions can out-range turrets.
- After minions spawn they upgrade every 90 seconds increasing their health, gold reward and ad. This does not increase infinitely.
- Siege minions have turrets.
, which is a cosmetic item that indicates that they receive 30% reduced damage from
- New Effect: Now have the cosmetic item .
- Visual and Gameplay Update on Howling Abyss map (to match Summoner's Rift).
- Minions no longer gain magic resistance over time.
- Minion health gain over time increased to compensate the loss of resistances.
- Siege minions no longer have base armor.
- Minions no longer gain armor or magic resistance over time.
- Siege minions no longer have base armor
- All minion health gain over time has been increased to be roughly as durable as when they had resistances
- Siege minions now start spawning every two waves at 20 minutes.
- Siege minions now start spawning every wave at 35 minutes.
- Model in Summoner's Rift changed.
- Lane Minions are no longer worth more experience based on game time.
- Siege Minions now take 70% damage from Turrets, increased from 50% damage.
- Siege Minions now deal 150% damage to Turrets, reduced from 200% damage
- Base gold value increased to 40 from 27.
- Scaling gold value based on time increased to 1 from 0.5.
- March 9th Hotfix
- Siege minions now spawn every 2 waves after 35 minutes instead of 20.
- Siege minions now reduce turret damage by 50% (down from 65%).
- After 20 minutes, siege minions now spawn every 2 waves (up from every 3 waves).
- Siege minions armor and magic resist now increase by 3 every 3 minutes (up from 2).
- Siege minions now reduce turret damage by 65% (up from 50%).
- Fixed a tooltip bug "This unit receive..." with siege minions.
- Fixed a bug that caused purple Siege minions to deal and receive normal damage from towers.