- redirects here.
|Consume||Places an invisible ward that provides sight in a 1100-unit radius for 3 minutes.|
- , placed by the and , are identical to .
- Both Sightstone items share the same counter for the number of active wards.
- If you place a ward after you already have three out, the first one you placed is removed and a new ward is placed in the position indicated.
- Wards placed into walls will jump to the nearest placeable location, as shown in this video.
- Teleporting to the ward will reveal it for the duration of the spell.
- Twisted Treeline, the Crystal Scar, and the Howling Abyss maps. are unavailable for the
- The ward has a cast range of 600. After being placed, it is visible for 1 second, and then becomes invisible until its 3-minute duration expires.
- The ward has 3 HP, and every attack will only damage it by 1. There is also no way to regenerate its health.
- Wards grant 30 gold when destroyed (including Ghost Wards from the sightstone items). If the player who reveals the ward and the killer of the ward are different players, the gold will be split 50/50 so each gains 15 gold.
- The ward from prior to its removal grants 20 gold. If the player who reveals the ward and the killer of the ward are different players, the gold will be split 50/50 so each gains 10 gold.
Intelligent usage of wards goes a long way, namely in key brush locations, like intersections, in front of Dragon and Baron Nashor. This is useful for map awareness of potential ganks, champion movements, and/or attempts to kill an Epic Monster. The lone shrub in front of both Epic Monsters is an excellent place to both reveal the river and keep tabs over their presence.
Wards that are placed on a Noxious Trap will cause the mushroom to explode, a damage free method of removing them.
Certain characters with attack-timer refreshing abilities can clear wards in the moments after they are placed.
- Shyvana can use Twin Bite along with an autoattack.
- Lucian can autoattack, then use Ardent Blaze or Relentless Pursuit and his passive Lightslinger, on the next auto will strike twice.
- Renekton can autoattack followed by Ruthless Predator, or use a Fury-enhanced cast of Ruthless Predator by itself.
- Leona can attack, activate and use Shield of Daybreak, and immediately attack again. However the third attack is not automatic and must be ordered by the player.
- Katarina can attack, use Shunpo (which briefly reveals wards whether allied or enemy), and attack again.
- Rengar can attack, use Savagery and then follow up with another autoattack or Empowered Savagery.
- Jayce can use Hyper Charge while in Cannon form to gain maximum attack speed for 3 attacks without the need to reset the attack timer.