|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Sion was designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- Sions VU promo page was leaked on the Korean LoL site before its intended release on all the servers, here is the text in Korean.
- Sion is voiced by J.S. Gilbert, Who also voices Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo, Gragas and Udyr.
- Sion's Dance is reminiscent of "Moskau" by Dschinghis Khan. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here
- Sion was one of the first six characters designed, along with Singed, Annie, Sivir, Twisted Fate and Lee Sin  
- Sion was one of the champions available for the Noxian pool during the Ionia vs. Noxus match, and was one of the selected champions.
- Feel No Pain was possibly taken from the table top game, where it is a special rule that gives units a chance to ignore wounds.
- Sion is one of four champions that can, in theory, infinitely increase a stat by using an ability. Sion can continuously increase his maximum health with his Enrage. The other three are Nasus, Thresh and Veigar.
- Many of Sion's quotes are based on old movies.
- Sion's quote "Get on my Chopper!" is a reference to Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous line "Get to the Chopper!" from the movie .
- The quote "Who is your summoner, and what does he do?" is a reference to .
- Sion's taunt is a reference to an exchange in the 1982 movie between the Mongol General and Conan.
- His joke is a reference to .
- Sion shares a quote with Kayle - "Lead me to battle".
- Sion's character model now shows him wielding a double-bladed axe, as he does in his Warmonger and Barbarian skins, rather than the classic single-bladed axe that still currently appear in both of his classic skin artworks.
- It is a reference to the franchise.
- Hextech Sion's robotic eye is on the right of the original artwork, but on the left in the Chinese artwork.
- It is a reference to the character .
- This skin could be a reference to Paul Bunyan, with Unchained Alistar as the reference to Babe, the Blue Ox.
- It may also be a reference to Mark Kaminsky - character from movie , played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Sion was once a supporter of Boram Darkwill, previous Grand General of Noxus. Once he was killed fortress at Andras, he was resurrected with the help of The Black Rose, though soon after they returned him back to his tomb for fear of his monstrous nature. Darkwill then onwards ordered on one to come near the tomb which may have influenced The Black Rose to assassinate him afterwards.
- Sion was resently resurrected again by the help of Swain, the current Grand General of Noxus.
- LeBlanc, Swainand Vladimir all had their part in the rebirth of Sion. Leblanc and Swain ordered the resurrection process and Vladimir performed the ritual.
- Jarvan IV's blood was used for the second resurrection, hinting that for the ritual to fully be realized, a special blood price must be made. In this situation it was the blood of the descendant who initially killed Sion, a Lightshield.