|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Sion was designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- The original Sion was released on February 21st, 2009.
- Sion's HP record is currently 86 323. It can be found here.
- Sion is voiced by Scott McNeil, who also voices Hecarim and Maokai.
- Sion's VU promo page was leaked on the Korean LoL site before its intended release on all the servers, here is the text in Korean.
- The metallic object attached to Sion's jaw is in fact the crown of Jarvan I.
- His dance is a reference to Chris Farley Chippendale Audition, as seen here.
- Sion's old dance is reminiscent of "Moskau" by Dschinghis Khan. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here
- Sion was one of the first six champions designed, along with Singed, Annie, Sivir, Twisted Fate and Lee Sin 
- Sion was one of the champions available for the Noxian pool during the Ionia vs. Noxus match, and was one of the selected champions.
- Sion's old passive, Feel No Pain was possibly taken from the table top game, where it is a special rule that gives units a chance to ignore wounds.
- Sion is one of five champions that can, in theory, infinitely increase a stat by using an ability. Sion can continuously increase his maximum health with Soul Furnace's passive. The other four are Bard, Nasus, Thresh and Veigar.
- Sion's ultimate, Unstoppable Onslaught is inspired by the X-Men's character.
- Sion, as of the moment, is the only champion who has undergone a full rework to not receive a traditional skin, unlike Trundle, Karma and Sejuani.
- Due to his new ultimate, Unstoppable Onslaught, Sion is, along with Caitlyn, Lissandra, Varus, Vi, Xerath and Ziggs, one of the few champions that can CC themselves.
- Due to his new passive, Glory in Death, Sion becomes the 5th champion to have an ability that allows attacking after death. The other four are Karthus's Death Defied, Kog'Maw's Icathian Surprise, Yorick's Omen of Death and Zyra's Rise of the Thorns.
- The maximum achievable life steal by a playable champion is 244.86% on Sion thanks to his passive, Glory in Death. To reach this amount, he must:
- This combination will result in Sion having 244.86% life steal.
- Relevant mathematics:
- Sion's life steal = ( + + + ( ) + + ) × ( × ) = 244.86%
- Sion shares a quote with Garen: "Charge!"
- Sion's /joke to Urgot, "So, uh, Urgot. We can't hang out any more. I'm cool now," is a meta reference to his own relaunch.
- One of Sion's quotes is similar to one of Veigar's: Sion says "Even death trembles before me," whereas Veigar says: "Even death trembles in my presence."
- Sion's quote, "I'll be back," is a reference to the movie .
- Sion's quote of "I feel no pain!" refers to his old passive.
- Sion's quote of "It's murdering time!", is a reference to Marvel's Fantastic Four's member The Thing which says "It's clobbering time!" before fighting villains.
- Sion's classic splash was the first splash to expressly take the viewpoint of a bystander. The observer in his splash is colloquially referred to as Helmet Bro by fans.
- Sion's old character model showed him wielding a double-bladed axe, as he does in his Warmonger and Barbarian skins, rather than the classic single-bladed axe that appeared in both of his classic skin artworks.
- Sion bears an uncanny resemblance to the Sith Lord Darth Sion, Lord of Pain, from the video game Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Aside from sharing the exact name, his passive ability Glory in Death is nearly identical to Darth Sion's unique ability to hold his body together no matter the grievousness of his wounds, siphoning his fury and hatred every time he is dealt a fatal blow so as to regain full health, and in the process achieving a form of immortality.
- It is a reference to the franchise.
- Hextech Sion's robotic eye is on the right of the original artwork, but on the left in the Chinese artwork and the new model.
- It is a reference to the character .
- This skin could be a reference to Paul Bunyan, with Unchained Alistar as the reference to Babe, the Blue Ox.
- It may also be a reference to Mark Kaminsky - character from movie , played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Sion was once a supporter of Boram Darkwill, previous Grand General of Noxus. Once he was killed at the fortress at Andras, he was resurrected with the help of The Black Rose, though soon after they returned him back to his tomb for fear of his monstrous nature. Darkwill then onwards ordered no one without his approval to come near the tomb which may have influenced The Black Rose to assassinate him later.
- Sion was recently resurrected again by the help of Swain, the current Grand General of Noxus.
- LeBlanc, Swain and Vladimir all had their part in the rebirth of Sion. Leblanc and Swain ordered the resurrection process and Vladimir performed the ritual.
- The dichotomy between the eternal guardian, Galio, and the undying destroyer, Sion, is a rivalry that endures ages. They are complete opposites. Galio is an artificial being of Demacian origins who's gained a sense of humanity. Sion, a man of Noxus, has become nothing more than a tool of war.
- Main Theme
- Related Themes