|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Sion was designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- Sion is voiced by J.S. Gilbert, Who also voices Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo, Gragas and Udyr.
- Sion's Dance is reminiscent of "Moskau" by Dschinghis Khan. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here
- Sion was one of the first six characters designed, along with Singed, Annie, Sivir, Twisted Fate and Lee Sin  
- Sion was one of the champions available for the Noxian pool during the Ionia vs. Noxus match, and was one of the selected champions.
- Feel No Pain was possibly taken from the table top game, where it is a special rule that gives units a chance to ignore wounds.
- Sion is one of four champions that can, in theory, infinitely increase a stat by using an ability. Sion can continuously increase his maximum health with his Enrage. The other three are Nasus, Thresh and Veigar.
- Many of Sion's quotes are based on old movies.
- Sion's quote "Get on my Chopper!" is a reference to Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous line "Get to the Chopper!" from the movie .
- The quote "Who is your summoner, and what does he do?" is a reference to .
- Sion's taunt is a reference to an exchange in the 1982 movie between the Mongol General and Conan.
- His joke is a reference to .
- Sion shares a quote with Kayle - "Lead me to battle".
- Sion's character model now shows him wielding a double-bladed axe, as he does in his Warmonger and Barbarian skins, rather than the classic single-bladed axe that still currently appear in both of his classic skin artworks.
- It is a reference to the franchise.
- Hextech Sion's robotic eye is on the right of the original artwork, but on the left in the Chinese artwork.
- It is a reference to the character .
- This skin could be a reference to Paul Bunyan, with Unchained Alistar as the reference to Babe, the Blue Ox.
- It may also be a reference to Mark Kaminsky - character from movie , played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.