Make sure to stock up on some Poro-snax as we vote, discuss and recap all the things that happened this year in League.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Sion was designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- Sion's VU promo page was leaked on the Korean LoL site before its intended release on all the servers, here is the text in Korean.
- Sion is voiced by Scott McNeil, who also voices Hecarim and Maokai.
- His dance is a reference to Chris Farley Chippendale Audition, as seen here.
- Sion's old dance is reminiscent of "Moskau" by Dschinghis Khan. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here
- Sion was one of the first six champions designed, along with Singed, Annie, Sivir, Twisted Fate and Lee Sin  
- Sion was one of the champions available for the Noxian pool during the Ionia vs. Noxus match, and was one of the selected champions.
- Feel No Pain was possibly taken from the table top game, where it is a special rule that gives units a chance to ignore wounds.
- Sion is one of four champions that can, in theory, infinitely increase a stat by using an ability. Sion can continuously increase his maximum health with Soul Furnace's passive. The other three are Nasus, Thresh and Veigar.
- The dagger 'lodged' in Sion's head was previously coated in Jarvan's blood for the purpose of rekindling Sion's mind, which also brought back a part of Sion's humanity.
- Sion's ultimate, Unstoppable Onslaught is inspired by the X-men's character. 
- The metallic object attached to Sion's jaw is in fact the crown of Jarvan I. 
- Sion, as of the moment, is the only champion who has undergone a full rework to not receive a traditional skin, unlike Trundle, Karma and Sejuani.
- Due to his new ultimate, Unstoppable Onslaught, Sion is, along with Caitlyn, Lissandra, Varus, Vi, Xerath and Ziggs, one of the few champions that can CC themselves.
- Due to his new passive, Glory in Death, Sion becomes the 5th champion to have an ability that allows attacking after death. The other four are Karthus's Death Defied, Kog'Maw's Icathian Surprise, Yorick's Omen of Death and Zyra's Rise of the Thorns.
- Sion's quote, "I will break you," is a reference to the movie .
- Sion's /joke to Urgot, "So, uh, Urgot. We can't hang out any more. I'm cool now," is a meta reference to his own relaunch.
- One of Sion's quotes is similar to one of 20px Veigar's: Sion says "Even death trembles before me," whereas Veigar says: "Even death trembles in my presence."
- Sion's quote, "I'll be back," is a reference to the movie .
- Sion shares a similar quote with Kha'Zix: "I taste blood in the air." whereas Kha'Zix says: "Blood in the air."
- Sion shares a similar quote with Draven: "Come out and die!" whereas Draven says: "Come out and play!"
- Sion's quote of "I feel no pain!" refers to his old passive.
- Sion's classic splash was the first splash to expressly take the viewpoint of a bystander. The observer in his splash is colloquially referred to as Helmet Bro by fans.
- Sion's old character model showed him wielding a double-bladed axe, as he does in his Warmonger and Barbarian skins, rather than the classic single-bladed axe that appeared in both of his classic skin artworks.
- As Sion's shoulderplate he wears Full Metal Rammus' armor.
- It is a reference to the franchise.
- Hextech Sion's robotic eye is on the right of the original artwork, but on the left in the Chinese artwork and the new model.
- It is a reference to the character .
- This skin could be a reference to Paul Bunyan, with Unchained Alistar as the reference to Babe, the Blue Ox.
- It may also be a reference to Mark Kaminsky - character from movie , played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Sion was once a supporter of Boram Darkwill, previous Grand General of Noxus. Once he was killed at the fortress at Andras, he was resurrected with the help of The Black Rose, though soon after they returned him back to his tomb for fear of his monstrous nature. Darkwill then onwards ordered no one without his approval to come near the tomb which may have influenced The Black Rose to assassinate him later.
- Sion was recently resurrected again by the help of Swain, the current Grand General of Noxus.
- LeBlanc, Swain and Vladimir all had their part in the rebirth of Sion. Leblanc and Swain ordered the resurrection process and Vladimir performed the ritual.
- Jarvan IV's blood was used for the second resurrection, hinting that for the ritual to fully be realized, a special blood price must be made. In this situation it was the blood of the descendant who initially killed Sion, a Lightshield.
- The dichotomy between the eternal guardian, Galio, and the undying destroyer, Sion, is a rivalry that endures ages. They are complete opposites. Galio is an artificial being of Demacian origins who's gained a sense of humanity. Sion, a man of Noxus, has become nothing more than a tool of war.