|Effect||Smite deals 390-1000 true damage, based on champion level, to a monster or enemy minion.|
|"What secrets are you hiding?"
In the next patches Smite will be upgradeable via the following items:
- Poacher's Knife: Passive - Scavenging Smite: Upgrades Smite to Scavenging Smite. If Scavenging Smite is used in conjunction with killing a large monster in the enemy's jungle, the cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds, you gain 20 bonus gold and 175% bonus movement speed that decays over 2 seconds.
- Ranger's Trailblazer: Passive - Blasting Smite: Upgrades Smite to Blasting Smite. Blasting Smite has a reduced cooldown of 45 seconds and deals 50% splash damage to all surrounding minions and monsters, as well as stunning all enemies damaged for 1.5 seconds. If cast on a monster, you will also restore 15% of your missing health and mana.
- Skirmisher's Sabre: Passive - Challenging Smite: Upgrades Smite to Challenging Smite. Challenging Smite can target enemy champions, marking them for 6 seconds. Marked enemies are revealed, take X bonus true damage from you on-hit and deal 20% reduced damage to you. The bonus damage is 18 at level 1.
- Stalker's Blade: Passive - Chilling Smite: Upgrades Smite to Chilling Smite. Chilling Smite can be cast on enemy champions, dealing (16 + 8 * level) true damage and slowing their movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds.
- Smite is generally used for jungling. Beyond dramatically speeding up clear time, its high damage provides a strategic last-hit advantage at high-priority buffs like Dragon and Baron Nashor.
- Smite can also be used to push a lane more quickly. When doing so, it's generally best to save Smite for cannon minions.
- Smite deals true damage, so it will always deal the stated amount; it cannot be reduced or amplified in any way.
- Smite can target "pets", such as Tibbers, Malzahar's Voidlings, and Zac's bloblets. It's also a very effective counter to Shaco's boxes.
- Smite procs spell effects.
- Smite heals Hecarim while his Spirit of Dread is activated.
- Smite is not affected by silencing spells.
Table of damage per level