|This is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.|
Smite is a targeted summoner spell that deals 「 390 – 1000 」「 (370 + / / / at each level) 」 true damage to a monster or enemy minion. It is available on Summoner's Rift and the Twisted Treeline. It is required to buy . Smite starts with one charge and begins to charge at 1:40 every 75 seconds with max of 2 charges.
- Scavenging Smite: If Smite is used on a large monster in the enemy jungle, Smite's cooldown is halved and you gain +30 bonus Gold and 175% increased Movement Speed decaying over 2 seconds when killing the Smited monster. :
- Blasting Smite: Smite also deals half damage to all monsters and enemy minions near the target and stuns them for 1.5 seconds. Casting Smite on a monster restores 15% of missing health and mana. :
- Challenging Smite: Smite can be cast on enemy champion, revealing and making them take 54 + 6 × level true damage over the next 3 seconds from your basic attacks while reducing their damage by 20% from them to you for 4 seconds. :
- Chilling Smite: Smite can be cast on enemy champions, dealing 20 + (8 × level) true damage and stealing 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds. :
Casting Smite on large monsters instantly harvest a bonus that is available once per spawn, regardless of who killed the monster. Colored bubbles come out of the monster if the bonus is available, and this is only visible if you have Smite. The exception is the Rift Scuttler, which doesn't give any bonuses (Dragon and Baron Nashor are epic monsters).
- Blue Sentinel: restore a large amount of mana over 2 seconds (25% of your maximum mana).
- Red Brambleback: restore a large amount of health instantly (20% of your maximum health).
- Ancient Krug: for 90 seconds every 6th basic attack stuns minions and monsters. Additionally, you can attack a tower to expend the buff early - dealing a large amount of bonus true damage (65 + 15 × level).
- Crimson Raptor: grant you true sight for a short duration the next time you are spotted by an enemy ward for 90 seconds.
- Greater Murk Wolf: summon a rift spirit that grants sight over the nearby crossroads for 90 seconds. Whenever an enemy champion comes in range of the nature spirit, it will chase them for a short duration.
- Gromp: for 90 seconds, poisons enemies who attack you, dealing 10 + (5% bonus health) magic damage over 3 seconds.
- Smite is generally used for jungling. Beyond dramatically speeding up clear time, its high damage provides a strategic last-hit advantage at high-priority buffs like Dragon and Baron Nashor.
- Smite can also be used to push a lane more quickly. When doing so, it's generally best to save Smite for cannon minions.
- Smite deals true damage, so it will always deal the stated amount; it cannot be reduced or amplified in any way other than a few exceptions, such as the bonus damage against the Rift Scuttler under hard crowd control.
- Smite can target "pets", such as Tibbers, Malzahar's Voidlings, and Zac's bloblets. It's also a very effective counter to Shaco's boxes.
- Smite procs spell effects.
- Smite heals Hecarim while his Spirit of Dread is activated.
- Smite can be cast while silenced.
- Only Smite's recharge rate is affected by the Summoner's Insight mastery. The 15 second cooldown between casts cannot be reduced by any means.
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.