|Effect||Smite deals 390-1000 true damage, based on champion level, to a monster or enemy minion.|
- Smite is generally used for jungling. Aside from decreasing a jungler's clear time, its high damage provides a strategic last-hit advantage at high-priority buffs like Dragon and Baron Nashor.
- Smite can also be used to push a lane more quickly. When doing so, it's generally best to save Smite for cannon minions.
- Smite deals true damage, so it will always deal the stated amount; it cannot be reduced or amplified in any way.
- Smite deals damage to pets, such as Tibbers and Malzahar's Voidlings.
- Smite damages bloblets from Zac's Cell Division, so it can be used to finish him off. This is the only occasion where Smite can kill a champion.
- Smite procs spell vamp, so it is a good strategy for junglers like Lee Sin to use their spell vamp-granting abilities ( Lee Sin's Iron Will) before casting Smite.
- Smite heals Hecarim while his Spirit of Dread is activated.
Table of damage per level