|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Sona is designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam and reworked by Miyuki 'Shurelia' Mitsuhashi.
- Sona is voiced by Janna. , who also voices
- Sona's classic splash art from the 3.02 patch was drawn by Shilin Huang.
- The name "Sona" is derived from the Latin prefix denoting sound, "son-", attached to the Latin suffix for feminine objects, "a".
- Sona's name in Hindi means "gold".
- Sona's name and abilities are closely related to "sonar", which is the technique that propagates sound to navigate, detects and also communicate. Sona's abilities greatly alludes to the 'active sonar' technology, which she emits pulses(in her case, waves) of sound.
- A " " is someone highly skilled in a field who wishes to teach others in said field.
- Sona's weapons are all zithers, excluding the one she used in her Arcade skin, an electrical keyboard with few arcade cabinet's control panel. Hence, she is called a 'zitherist'.
- Sona seems to be able to make her large zither floats in front of her. Playing a zither while standing is actually an unorthodox way of playing it, since zithers are particularly heavy to carry that it doesn't use frames like guitars to carry it around.
- The name of Sona's weapon, the "Etwahl", is pronounced the same as the French word "étoile", which means "star".
- The Etwahl is likely a reference to the , a Chinese string instrument.
- "Etwahl" is also an anagram for "wealth", symbolizing her adoptive mother's only notable quality, as well as a reminder that it's Sona's source of power.
- A power chord is a type of chord that consists of a doubled root note and the fifth. It's a key element of many styles of rock music.
- Sona is a mute, yet can talk to the Summoner. She claims that only "you" can hear her and says the phrase "From my mind, to yours." This indicates the mental connection between a Summoner and their Champion, which is a recurring feature in League Judgements.
- Her appearance and the general musical theme bears certain similarity to the popular Vocaloid Ezreal looks somewhat like . , just as how
- Each of Sona's abilities have varying ambient music, playing whenever its aura is active.
- Sona's ultimate, Crescendo, actually triggers the dance emote in addition to the stun. Crescendo means "gradually becoming louder" in Italian, it refers to the amplification of volume instead.
- In the U.R.F game mode (available in April 2014), Sona was deemed overpowered/obnoxious, and was ultimately disabled in non-custom games.
- The tune of Sona's taunt has the same tune of the announcer's "Finish him!" from the series.
- "Allegrissimo" means to play the music faster, in a very lively or cheerful way, from Italian.
- "Brioso, Brioso!" means lively, merry, proud and high spirited, from both Italian and Spanish.
- "Adagio" means gently, slowly or simply more graceful and leisurely in Italian.
- In the Chinese art for Pentakill Sona, the sparks coming from her instrument appear to spell the word 'FAME'.
- She shares a theme with Mordekaiser, Karthus, Yorick, and Olaf.
- It is based on the , figures from Greek mythology that were goddesses or spirits associated with music and the arts. Many performers wrote songs in dedication to the Muses.
- It is a reference to the Christmas carol " ". It may also relate to the origins of the song, which was first played on a guitar.
- If the joke command is alternated with Kog'Maw in proximity with his Reindeer skin and her using her Silent Night skin, they will both play and sing a section of 'Deck the Halls' together.
- It is a direct reference to the , a seven-string Chinese instrument. This skin was released in celebration of the Chinese New Year.
- It is a reference to many '80s and early '90s video game effects.
- The effect from Crescendo is a direct reference to Dance Dance Revolution. The sequence is (↑→)(←)(↑→)(↑)(↑)(↑)
- Arcade Sona skins basic attacks are different depending on which aura she is playing.
- She shares this theme with Hecarim, Miss Fortune and Veigar.
- Sona is part of the band Pentakill (Band), along with other members Mordekaiser, Karthus, Yorick, and Olaf. The band is reported to have been a huge success all across Valoran. Sona herself was one of the founders of the band, along with Mordekaiser as stated in The Journal of Justice.
- In Sona's reflection during her League Judgement it is stated that her adoptive mother, Lestara Buvelle, was killed by the Etwahl.
- Sona's first years were spent in Ionia, yet, since her adoption she has become a resident of Demacia.