|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Power Chord has three distinct effects based on Sona's currently active aura.
- Power Chord - Staccato will deal double the damage of Power Chords base damage.
- Power Chord - Diminuendo will apply a 20% damage reduction debuff upon a target.
- Power Chord - Tempo will apply a 40% slow for 2 seconds.
- Sona's Hymn of Valor is very strong if leveled up quickly. However, because of her lack of escape mechanisms or survivability skills, she should still be played as a support champion.
- Leveling first is great for aggressive bot lanes due to Hymn of Valor's passive aura granting additional AD and AP as well as providing decent harass during the laning phase.
- In a passive support lane, encourage your carry to trade blows with the opponent, and do the same with Hymn of Valor and Power Chord. Afterwards, heal yourself and your partner with Aria of Perseverance. This will wear down the enemy and force them out of lane in less time and mana than just poking with Hymn of Valor.
- Use Aria of Perseverance when an ally is being focused in order to take advantage of the bonus armor and magic resistance.
- Aria of Perseverance's passive aura is great for a more defensive lane and also for team fights when paired with
- Stay with the team. Sona makes an excellent healer, Crescendo is best used when the whole team can take advantage of it, and Song of Celerity lets the entire team kite. Without a teammate around, Sona is little more than an easy gank.
- Early game, be wary of constant spell rotation, as it will quickly drain her mana. However, this can also be a large problem mid to late game without proper itemization.
- Crescendo coupled with allies' channeled abilities can devastate the opposing team, as while stunned, they can't interrupt the channel.
- Being a support, Sona should focus on supporting her AD carry early game by warding and keeping him/her safe. If your carry can get last hits, you'll want to leave them for him/her. You can offset your lack of farm by buying or for more sustain, better healing, and Gp10.
- If you go Sona midlane, you usualy need to keep your wards up, as chance to escape ganks, when not warded, is limited, and basicaly impossible if your flash is down. Getting fast is recomended, as well as getting right afterwards. You also want to rotate your abilities, in order to have 2 stacks of your passive always ready to punish any overextending champion with Hymn of Valor + + Power Chord.
- A valuable build for Sona is stacking auras, as all it takes is Sona's presence for her to be useful and most of the aura items you should be getting are relatively cheap.
- The combination of lvl 5 Hymn of Valor and gives up to 40 AD and 10% life steal to her close allies.
- The combination of lvl 5 Aria of Perseverance and gives a total of 10 armor and 30 MR to her close allies, or 20 armor and 40 MR to both allies while Active.
- Another defensive Aura is . Its debuff over enemies decreases DPS damage output of enemy team, specially from enemy AD Carry. It can be used in combination with Power Chord - Diminuendo and Exhaust.
- Other offensive Aura is . Its debuff over enemies increases the magic damage output of your whole team.
- With her Song of Celerity and a , Sona can make it nearly impossible for the enemy to catch a dying teammate or escape from her team during a chase. These two things also allow her team to traverse great distances very quickly, such as quickly running to a tower/inhibitor after an ace to take it down before the enemy team revives or moving to a friendly tower/inhib to prevent it from being taken.
- All of Sona's skills (including her passive) scale with AP, but support Sona should prioritize cooldowns over AP. So to maximize the utility of her skills, passive and AoE stun of Crescendo
- As midlaner, on the other hand, AP items with side utility should be prioritized, while getting CDR as close to 40% as possible. is a must, while and are good to have items to make you both slightly more durable, and increase power of your poke. , another useful item, is however ignored by some in order to achieve higher AP and therefore stronger teamfight impact, sacrifying personal power for stronger supportive power.
- Sona is extremely valuable in group pushes, but sustained aura rotation can deplete her mana pool quickly if not equipped properly, consider mana regeneration glyphs per level to make sure she never runs out of mana.
- Because Sona has generally low cooldowns, low mana costs, and needs to constantly switch abilities, she charges up faster than almost any other champion. This also helps her, as it provides one of the highest mana regens in the game, allows her to stay in long team pushes for much longer, and gives her a small shield for incoming burst.
- , while not always viable, generally charges up quickly as long as you stay safe. As long as she has an aura active, Sona gets assists for simply being at teamfights.
- With 40% Cooldown Reduction, Sona can keep stacks of up easily.
- can add a significant amount of damage to her autoattack. Combined with Power Chord it can provide decent burst damage.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Sona is fairly squishy throughout the game, especially at level 1. Work with your allies to kill her fast.
- When laning against Sona, be sure to play safe as she can boost her partner with her supporting spells.
- All of Sona's active stances are AoE, meaning that you can avoid her spells by moving away from her.
- Do not overextend when chasing an enemy that is accompanied with Sona. Her Song of Celerity allows her to outrun you very quickly.
- During teamfights try to kill Sona first, since she provides consistent damage/defense boosting auras through the teamfight, as well as an AoE stun.