|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Power Chord has three distinct effects based on the last basic ability Sona used. All of these effects scale with AP.
- It will reset your auto attack, so use it after an initial attack for maximum output.
- By charging it before a fight, you can gain the advantage from any of the effects at the very start.
- Power Chord - Staccato will deal 40% more damage than Power Chords base damage.
- Power Chord - Diminuendo will apply a 20% (+ 2% per 100 AP) damage reduction debuff upon a target.
- Power Chord - Tempo will apply a 40% (+ 4% per 100 AP) slow for 2 seconds.
- Sona's Hymn of Valor is very strong if leveled up quickly. However, because of her lack of escape mechanisms or survivability skills, she should still be played as a support champion.
- In a passive support lane, encourage your carry to trade blows with the opponent, as using both your Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance lets the both of you make easy and effective winning trades.
- Use Aria of Perseverance when an ally is being focused in order to take advantage of the aura's shield.
- Stay with the team. Sona's auras are most effective when the team groups up. Sona makes an excellent healer, Crescendo is best used when the whole team can take advantage of it, and Song of Celerity lets the entire team kite. Without a teammate around, Sona is little more than an easy gank.
- Early game, be wary of constant spell rotation, as it will quickly drain her mana. However, this can also be a large problem mid to late game without proper itemization. is a valuable mana regeneration item for Sona.
- Crescendo is a powerful CC that can stun an entire team. Strive not to waste it, use it to counter-engage for the highest chance of success.
- Being a support, Sona should focus on supporting her AD carry early game by warding and keeping them safe. This means getting by with less gold and building so as to benefit your team.
- If you go Sona midlane, you usually need to keep your wards up, as your chances of escaping ganks, when not warded, is limited, and basically impossible if both the wards and your flash is down. Getting a fast is recommended, as well as getting right afterwards. You also want to rotate your abilities, in order to have 2 stacks of your passive always ready to punish any overextending champion with Hymn of Valor + + Power Chord.
- Aura items are available that benefit Sona's playstyle.
- With her Song of Celerity and a , Sona can make it nearly impossible for the enemy to catch a dying teammate or escape from her team during a chase. These two also allow her team to traverse great distances very quickly, such as running to a structure after an ace to take it down before the enemy team revives or moving to a friendly structure to prevent it from being taken.
- 's debuff to enemies' attack speed decreases the DPS of auto attacks from the enemy team while giving you more CDR and armor.
- 's debuff to enemies' magic resist increases the magic damage output of your team while giving you more magic resist and AP.
- is a powerful item because it's capable of saving an important teammate and let them continue in the fight by removing CC and healing them.
- The massive mana regeneration is also extremely useful.
- All of Sona's skills (including her passive) scale with AP, but support Sona should prioritize CDR over AP as to maximize the utility of her skills and passive.
- CDR in fact raises her damage output faster than AP does, and more cheaply.
- , , , , , , , , , , and all have CDR and Sona can realistically use them.
- With 40% cooldown reduction, the cooldown of Hymn of Valor is 4.8 seconds, Aria of Perseverance is 6 seconds, Song of Celerity is 7.2 seconds, and level 3 Crescendo cooldown is 60 seconds.
- Sona is extremely valuable in teamfights and group pushes, but sustained aura rotation can deplete her mana pool quickly if not equipped properly. Use any available mana sources to extend the duration of your presence on the battle field.
- can add a significant amount of damage to her spell rotations. Combined with Power Chord it can provide incredible burst damage.
- As an alternative, a more supportive Sona player might want to get . The CC it provides is something Sona lacks, and the stats are just as beneficial.
- Sona's Aria of Perseverance can shield multiple allies at once. This makes a very good item on her, providing a slew of useful stats alongside an attack speed buff for allies. No matter the composition, it will improve her team's objective taking.
- Sona is fairly squishy throughout the game, especially at level 1. Work with your allies to kill her fast.
- Just be careful not to give her the upper hand through your aggressiveness. Being a support, her allies are her main survivability, and making the mistake in ignoring them can prove to be more fatal than ignoring Sona.
- When laning against Sona, remember how she can boost her partner with her supporting spells. When focusing either of them, you're really going to be fighting both of them, so account for it by removing either from the equation with CC or zoning.
- Sona's harass is targeted, which means that to avoid her damage, you need to either block the damage or not be there to take it in the first place.
- Hymn of Valor cannot auto-target enemies not in vision, so take advantage of brush and control vision.
- Magic Resist in general can counter a Sona focusing on damage. and are the recommended items for this.
- Do not overextend when chasing an enemy that is accompanied with Sona. Her Song of Celerity allows her to outrun you very quickly.
- Sona is a rewarding target to remove quickly from the fight. If the opportunity presents itself, remove her from the equation.
- Avoid grouping against a Sona. Otherwise she can end up hitting as much members of your team as possible with Crescendo.
- Sona is best countered by using an aggressive support with ridiculous amounts of CC, such as Blitzcrank, Thresh, or Leona. Keep in mind that you must play very aggressively against Sona and not give her time to recover her spells; otherwise she will just end up harassing and out sustaining your aggressor of choice.