|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Sona is designed by Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam and reworked by Miyuki 'Shurelia' Mitsuhashi.
- Sona is voiced by Janna. , who also voices
- Sona's classic splash art from the 3.02 patch was drawn by Shilin Huang.
- The name "Sona" is derived from the Latin prefix denoting sound, "son-", attached to the Latin suffix for feminine objects, "a".
- Sona's name in Hindi means "gold".
- A " " is someone highly skilled in a field who wishes to teach others in said field.
- Sona is the second champion to use the stance mechanic, the first being Udyr.
- The name of Sona's weapon, the "Etwahl", is pronounced the same as the French word "étoile", which means "star".
- The Etwahl is likely a reference to the , a Chinese string instrument.
- "Etwahl" is also an anagram for "wealth", symbolizing her adoptive mother's only notable quality, as well as a reminder that it's Sona's source of power.
- A power chord is a type of chord that consists of a doubled root note and the fifth. It's a key element of many styles of rock music.
- Sona is a mute, yet can talk to the Summoner. She claims that only "you" can hear her and says the phrase "From my mind, to yours." This indicates the mental connection between a Summoner and their Champion, which is a recurring feature in League Judgements.
- Her appearance and the general musical theme bears similarity to .
- Each of Sona's abilities have varying ambient music, playing whenever its aura is active.
- When Hymn of Valor is the active aura, the League of Legends theme can be heard from the Etwahl.
- Sona has the lowest health of any champion at level 1 with 410 HP and also the lowest at level 18 with 1600 HP.
- She also has the lowest base armor at level 1 with 9.3.
- The tune of Sona's taunt has the same tune of the announcer's "Finish him!" from the series.
- Sona's classic skin bears striking similarities to , a popular Japanese singing synthesizer application with a human persona.
- Pentakill Sona shares a theme with Mordekaiser, Karthus, Yorick, and Olaf.
- Muse Sona is based on the , figures from Greek mythology that were goddesses or spirits associated with memory and the arts. Many performers wrote songs in dedication to the Muses.
- Silent Night Sona is a reference to the Christmas carol " ". It may also relate to the origins of the song, which was first played on a guitar.
- If the joke command is alternated with Kog'Maw in proximity with his Reindeer skin and her using her Silent Night skin, they will both play and sing a section of 'Deck the Halls' together.
- Guqin Sona is a direct reference to the , a seven-string Chinese instrument. This skin was released in celebration of the Chinese New Year.
- Arcade Sona is a reference to many '80s and early '90s video game effects.
- The effect from Crescendo is a direct reference to Dance Dance Revolution. The sequence is (↑→)(←)(↑→)(↑)(↑)(↑)
- Sona is part of the band Pentakill, along with other members Mordekaiser, Karthus, Yorick, and Olaf. The band is reported to have been a huge success all across Valoran. Sona herself was one of the founders of the band, along with Mordekaiser.
- In Sona's reflection during her League Judgement it is stated that her adoptive mother, Lestara Buvelle, was killed by the Etwahl.
- Sona's first years were spent in Ionia, yet, since her adoption she has become a resident of Demacia.