Spell vamp is a defensive stat which converts a percentage of the damage from either champion abilities, item actives, or Smite, into health. It only works for active champion abilities that do not modify basic attacks or apply on-hit effects (including true damage abilities) .
Increasing spell vamp
The maximum spell vamp from items only, including bothand passives, is 50.4% spell vamp.
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
- Unique Passive: Falling below 50% health grants you +10% spell vamp, +20% attack speed and +10% life steal until out of combat (30 second cooldown). +30 attack damage, +40 ability power. Passive: Basic attacks and spell casts grants +4% attack speed and +4 ability power for 8 seconds (stacks up to 8 times). 2590 . :
- Unique Passive: +20% spell vamp. +40 attack damage, +80 ability power, +10% life steal. Unique Passive: Basic attacks and single target spells against champions reduce the cooldown of this item by 3 seconds. Unique Active: Deals 150 + (40% AP) magic damage and slows the target champion's movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds (60 second cooldown) (700 range). 3400 . :
- Unique Passive: +12% spell vamp. +40 ability power. 1200 . :
- Unique Passive: Increases all sources of healing including self-healing, health regen, lifesteal, and spell vamp effects by 20%. +400 health, +55 magic resistance, +100% base health regeneration, +10% cooldown reduction. 2750 . :
- Unique Passive: Your abilites heal you for 15% of the damage dealt (calculated before your opponent's resistances) (33% effect for AoE). +80 ability power, +10% cooldown reduction. 2500 . :
Note: Only the effect regarding the spell vamp of this abilities is shown. For full description and detail visit each champion page
- Akali's Twin Disciplines grants 6% spell vamp, increasing by an additional 1% for every 6 bonus attack damage gained thereafter.
- Lee Sin's Iron Will grants 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25% spell vamp for 4 seconds.
- Morgana's Soul Siphon permanently grants / / % spell vamp.
- Ryze's Desperate Power grants 15 / 20 / 25% spell vamp for 6 seconds.
- Vampirism grants 1 / 2 / 3% spelll vamp and life steal.
- Second Wind increases effectiveness of spell vamp, self-healing, health regen, and life steal by 10% when below 25% health.
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
Note: These abilities will heal the champion by a percentage of the damage dealt from their ability. These act similar to how spell vamp works, but unlike it, they have no penalty for being AoE abilities.
- Fiddlesticks's Drain heals for 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80% of the damage dealt.
- Hecarim's Spirit of Dread heals for 20% of all damage dealt to enemies, from any source, within the ability's radius, capping at 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 / 210 against minions or monsters.
- Irelia's Transcendent Blades heals for 10% (25% against champions) of the damage dealt.
- Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave heals for 100% of the damage dealt.
- Swain's Ravenous Flock heals for 25% (75% against champions) of the damage dealt.
- Trundle's Subjugate heals for 100% of the damage dealt.
- Warwick's Hungering Strike heals for 80% of the damage dealt.
- Vladimir's Sanguine Pool heals for 15% of the damage dealt.
- Yorick's Omen of Famine heals for 40% of the damage dealt.
- self-healing (in this case spell vamp) by 20% multiplicatively. So if you had 20% spell vamp before, you will now have 24% spell vamp (not 40%) (20% × 1.2 = 24%). passive will increase your
- Abilities with natural spell vamp have their own spell vamp fully stacking with items, runes and masteries that provide spell vamp.
- Spell vamp applies to all types of damage: magical, physical and true.
- There is a common misconception it only applies to magic damage. This is incorrect.
- Spell vamp applies to nearly everything that isn't classified as an auto-attack. This includes most abilities, but also includes activated item effects (e.g. Smite.
- On-hit damage modifiers (e.g. Siphoning Strike, aka "bonus" or "additional" damage), on-hit damage over time (e.g. Seastone Trident and Toxic Shot) and abilities that apply on-hit effects (e.g. Parrrley and Mystic Shot) are classified as auto-attacks, and will not apply spell vamp. Any physical damage dealt will trigger life steal, while any magic and true damage dealt trigger neither life steal nor spell vamp.
- A list of champion abilities on-hit effects that trigger spell vamp can be found here.
- Area of effect (AoE) spells only apply 33% of the listed spell vamp.
- Fox-Fire's projectiles are classified as single-target, and will apply 100% of your spell vamp.
- Abilities with both single-target and multi-target effects, such as Mace of Spades and Lay Waste, will apply spell vamp depending on which effect occurs. In that, full spell vamp against a single target; or 33% against multiple targets.
- Single target abilities that apply splash damage will apply full spell vamp to the original target, and 33% to the splash damage. For example, Conflagration with Blaze and Desperate Power.
- Damage over time abilities (DoT) apply full spell vamp. (e.g. Brand's Blaze and Malzahar's Malefic Visions).
- Does not work with the reflected damage of Molten Shield and Defensive Ball Curl. . It does, however, work with the reflected damage of
- Healing reduction effects such as Ignite and reduce the health restored by spell vamp. See healing reduction for more information.
Spell vamp is multiplied by total spell damage to determine the amount of health restored. Area of effect spells only heal one-third the normal amount.
- Example: Dealing 300 single-target damage with 10% spell vamp will heal for 30. Dealing 300 area of effect damage with 10% spell vamp will heal for 10 for each enemy affected.
[Last updated 13/8/2015 on patch 5.15]
- One of the biggest amount of spell vamp any champion can obtain is 243.0434452%, being a level 18 Akali.
- Have all the AD and spell vamp runes and masteries:
- Have the best AD and spell vamp items:
- Only fully stacked
- Be at less than 30% of her maximum health
- Two 80–AD item:
- , , , or
- Have consumed an .
- Possess the Hand of Baron buff.
- Possess 5 stacks of the Dragon Slayer buff
- Be close to a Taric casting Radiance.
- Be under the effect of Eye Of The Storm cast by a Janna with the maximum amount of ability power.
- Akali's Twin Disciplines grants her 1% spell vamp per 6 bonus AD. Upon conversion, along with , , and passives, Akali will reach 243.0434452% spell vamp.
- Relevant mathematics:
- Janna AP = ( + + + + + + + + + + + + ) × ( × × ) = 1665.979812