Spell vamp is a defensive stat which converts a percentage of the damage from either champion abilities or item actives into health. It only works for active champion abilities that do not modify basic attacks or apply on-hit effects (including true damage abilities).
Increasing spell vamp
The maximum spell vamp from items only is 31.25% spell vamp.
- Unique Passive: Heal for 15% of damage dealt. Area of Effect damage heal for 5% of damage dealt.+40 attack damage, +80 ability power. Unique Active – Lightning Bolt: Deals 250 (+ 30% AP) magic damage and slows the target champion's movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds (700 range) (40 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items). 3400:
- Unique Passive – Lifegrip: When Lifeline triggers, gain +10% spell vamp and +10% life steal until out of combat.+55 attack damage, +40 magic resist, +10 armor penetration. Unique Passive – Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 300 + (100% bonus MR) magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown). 3250:
- Unique Passive: Increases all sources of healing including self-healing, health regen, life steal, and spell vamp effects by 25%. :
Note: Only the effect regarding the spell vamp of these abilities is shown. For full description and detail visit each champion page
- Akali's Twin Disciplines grants 6% spell vamp, increasing by an additional 1% for every 6 bonus attack damage gained thereafter.
- Lee Sin's Iron Will grants 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% spell vamp for 4 seconds.
- Morgana's Soul Siphon permanently grants % spell vamp.
- grants 0.4 / 0.8 / 1.2 / 1.6 / 2% spell vamp.
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
Note: These abilities will heal the champion by a percentage of the damage dealt from their ability. These act similar to how spell vamp works, but unlike it, they have no penalty for being Area of Effect abilities.
- Fiddlesticks' Drain heals for 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80% of the damage dealt.
- Hecarim's Spirit of Dread heals for 20% of all damage dealt to enemies, from any source, within the ability's radius, capping at 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 / 210 against minions or monsters.
- Irelia's Transcendent Blades heals for 10% (25% against champions) of the damage dealt.
- Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave heals for 100% of the damage dealt.
- Trundle's Subjugate heals for 100% of the damage dealt.
- Warwick's Hungering Strike heals for 80% of the damage dealt.
- Vladimir's Sanguine Pool heals for 15% of the damage dealt.
- self-healing (in this case spell vamp) by 25% multiplicatively. So if you had 20% spell vamp before, you will now have 25% spell vamp (not 45%) (20% × 1.25 = 25%). passive will increase your
- Abilities with natural spell vamp have their own spell vamp fully stacking with items, runes and masteries that provide spell vamp.
- Spell vamp applies to all types of damage: magical, physical and true.
- There is a common misconception it only applies to magic damage. This is incorrect.
- Spell vamp applies to nearly everything that isn't classified as an auto-attack. This includes most abilities, but also includes activated item effects (e.g.
- On-hit damage modifiers (e.g. Siphoning Strike, aka "bonus" or "additional" damage), on-hit damage over time (e.g. Seastone Trident and Toxic Shot) and abilities that apply on-hit effects (e.g. Parrrley and Mystic Shot) are classified as auto-attacks, and will not apply spell vamp. Any physical damage dealt will trigger life steal, while any magic and true damage dealt trigger neither life steal nor spell vamp.
- A list of champion abilities on-hit effects that trigger spell vamp can be found here.
- Area of effect (AoE) spells only apply 33% of the listed spell vamp.
- Fox-Fire's projectiles are classified as single-target, and will apply 100% of your spell vamp.
- Abilities with both single-target and multi-target effects, such as Lay Waste, will apply spell vamp depending on which effect occurs. In that, full spell vamp against a single target; or 33% against multiple targets.
- Single target abilities that apply splash damage will apply full spell vamp to the original target, and 33% to the splash damage. For example, Conflagration with Blaze and Desperate Power.
- Damage over time abilities (DoT) apply full spell vamp. (e.g. Brand's Blaze and Malzahar's Malefic Visions).
- Does not work with the reflected damage of Molten Shield and Defensive Ball Curl. . It does, however, work with the reflected damage of
- Healing reduction effects such as healing reduction for more information. and reduce the health restored by spell vamp. See
Spell vamp is multiplied by total spell damage to determine the amount of health restored. Area of effect spells only heal one-third the normal amount.
- Example: Dealing 300 single-target damage with 10% spell vamp will heal for 30. Dealing 300 area of effect damage with 10% spell vamp will heal for 10 for each enemy affected.
Last updated: July 4, 2016 - V6.13
- The maximum achievable spell vamp by a playable champion is 293.44940262% on Akali.
- Runes: +6% Spell vamp, +38.25 AD
- Masteries: +10 AD
- Items: +25% Spell vamp, +320 AD
- Three 75–AD items: 3 × (+75 AD)
- (+15% Spell vamp, +40 AD)
- (+10% Spell vamp, +55 AD)
- (+25% total Spell vamp)
- Three 75–AD items: 3 × (+75 AD)
- Buffs: +340.97027 AD
- AD Amplification: 36% AD
- Infernal Drake (+36% AD)
- Heal Amplification: +35% Heal Amp.
- (+25% Heal Amp.)
- (+8% Heal Amp.)
- Relevant mathematics:
- Janna's AP:
- Akali's AD:
- Akali's Spell vamp: