Unlocking and Cooldowns
The number of spells that are available to a player are determined by their summoner level. At summoner level one, a player begins with 6 spells to choose from. Then as a summoner reaches new levels, he/she will unlock new spells up to level 10.
- The table below shows what summoner level unlocks which spell(s), the description of the spell, their cooldown, and their range.
|Shields your champion for 115 – 455 [95 + (20 × level)] for 2 seconds.||210||Self|
|Removes all disables and summoner spell debuffs affecting your champion and lowers the duration of incoming disables by 65% for 3 seconds.||210||Self|
|Exhausts target enemy champion, reducing their movement speed and attack speed by 30%, their armor and magic resist by 10, and their damage dealt by 40% for 2.5 seconds.||210||650|
|Teleports your champion a short distance toward your cursor's location.||300||425|
|Strengthens allied capture points or weakens enemy capture points.||210||1250|
|Your champion can move through units and has 27% increased movement speed for 10 seconds.||210||Self|
|Restores 90 – 345 health [75 + (15 × level)] to your champion and the allied champion nearest to the caster's cursor (or the most wounded ally if no target is near the cursor).|
Healed champions are debuffed for 35 seconds, causing subsequent Heal casts on them to be 50% less effective.
850 for ally
|Ignites target enemy champion, dealing 70 – 410 true damage [50 + (20 × level)] over 5 seconds, applying Grievous Wounds, and revealing them for the duration.||210||600|
|Mark: Throws a snowball to target direction, dealing 15 – 100 true damage [10 + (5 × level)] to the first enemy unit hit. If Mark hits an enemy, you gain the ability to cast Dash for the next 3 seconds.
Mark projectiles are not stopped by spell shields or projectile mitigation.
|Deals 390 – 1000 true damage [370 + / / / at each level], to target non-allied minion, monster, or pet. Stores up to two charges, refilling at a rate of one charge every 75 seconds.||15 (75)||500|
|After channeling for 4 seconds, teleports your champion to target allied structure, minion, or ward. If you cancel it while channeling, cooldown is reduce to 200 seconds.||300||Global|
- These spells were removed with some being replaced by other in-game effects.
|Grants invulnerability to all allied turrets and causes them to attack 100% faster for 7 seconds. While Fortify is ready to cast, you deal 9 bonus damage to minions.||300||Global||Reinforce (Defense) – Turrets deal 50% splash damage when fortify is used.|
|A spell only available to Riot staff that functions as a simple observer mode, meant to be used by an eleventh "neutral" player. When used, this spell reveals the entire map, allowing the user to track both teams' movements.||N/A||Global||N/A|
|Promotes the nearest allied Siege Minion (in Classic) or super minion (in Dominion) to an anti-Turret Cannon, healing it, granting bonus stats (depending on level), and causing it to grant the caster gold for its kills.||180||N/A||Summoner's Insight (Utility) – Increases promoted minion's bonus defensive stats by 15%|
|Summons a beacon with 200 + (25 × level) health for 15 seconds which increases allied attack damage by 10 – 35.||270|| 120|
|Improved Rally (Offense) – Rally also increases base ability power by 20 – 70 and increases duration by 5 seconds.|
|Instantly revives your champion at your team's Summoner Platform and grants 125% movement speed increase which decays over 12 seconds.||540||Self||N/A|
|Silences a target enemy champion for 3 seconds, and removes any beneficial buffs they have.||150||N/A||Suppression – Reduces the cooldown of Stifle by 10 seconds, and increases the duration by 0.5 seconds.|
|Empowers your champion, increasing ability power by 6 + (4 × level) and attack speed by 35% for 12 seconds.||180||Self||Summoner's Wrath (Offense) – Increases attack speed bonus to 40% and ability power gained by 10%.|
Spells and Champion Levels
During combat the spells Barrier, Heal, Ignite, Mark, and Smite gain power with champion level. The other spells have the same power throughout the entire battle. While in combat the spells are bound by the same rules as the champion skills, however, Flash and Teleport are the only summoner spells that cannot be used while silenced or stunned.
Reducing Spell Cooldowns
There are three ways to reduce the cooldown of summoner spells.
- The first is the boot enchantment , which reduces the cooldown of Ghost, Teleport, and Flash by 15%.
- The second is the mastery Insight, which reduces the cooldown of all summoner spells by 15%.
- The third is Ionian Boots of Lucidity , which reduces the cooldown of all summoner spells by 10%.
Spells and Game Modes
Due to the different characteristics of each game mode, some summoner spells are excluded from a mode while other spells are available specifically for a particular mode. And there are also common summoner spells which are available in all modes. The following table shows what modes are available for each spell:
- In-game Summoner Spell icon tooltips always show the base cooldown, unaffected by masteries. The timer visible on the icon after the spell is used shows the actual cooldown remaining.
- Spells are map-specific. For example, if you play ARAM on Summoner's Rift, the available spells are Summoner's Rift spells.
- Teleport's cooldown upon being canceled is always 200 seconds.
- Revive (removed) had an in-game tooltip error where it said it had a 510 second cooldown instead of 540.
- Promote was previously removed because it was too strong, but it was since balanced and made available in all game modes until it was again removed for Season 3. The active effect returned as an item.
- Mark / Dashwas inspired by Poro Toss / Poro Dash from the Legend of the Poro King featured game mode.
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.