Star Guardian is a series of parallel universe skins in League of Legends that follow the story of a group of high school students who choose to become cosmic protectors and must battle cosmic enemies threatening the universe. However, they consequently learn of the anguish and perils associated with their newfound roles.
In a vast and dark universe, young warriors are chosen by fate to protect the light of the stars. They are destined to burn bright, but collapse as furiously as they shine.
- Star Guardians
- Ahri is a charismatic team captain who leads her group of Star Guardians from the outer cosmos, with the authority of a queen bee and the sly cunning of a fox. She’s effortlessly popular, with an irresistible charm that disarms friends and foes alike.
- With a boundless curiosity about the universe, Ezreal is a born explorer, and becoming a Star Guardian only served to fuel his appetite for discovery. Though known to wander off, he always returns when most needed, especially now, as a certain pink-haired guardian from another team has caught his attention…
- Soft-spoken and sometimes distant, Janna serves mentor to her younger team and gently guides them towards a true understanding of their destiny. While she rarely offers information about her mysterious past, her poise and quiet strength are deeply admired by her Star Guardian teammates.
- Much to the annoyance of her team, Jinx is an impulsive and sometimes cynical Star Guardian who loves a good glittery explosion. However, when the fighting starts, Jinx will throw herself into battle to protect others, especially her childhood friend Lux.
- The Youngest member of Lux’s team, Lulu is an odd but gifted Star Guardian. Though her unique relationship with the Starlight is sometimes puzzling, Lulu can be counted on to support her team—and let them know that the light supports them, too.
- Cheerful and courageous, Lux shines the brightest among her Star Guardian team. While young and inexperienced, the pink-haired captain’s optimism inspires others in their destiny to protect the universe. She truly believes that as long as they fight together, there is no darkness they can’t overcome.
- Second in command to Ahri, Miss Fortune is a hot-headed Star Guardian gunslinger from the galactic rim. She is the first to charge into battle with her twin pistols, often ignoring her own safety as long as she can take down every enemy in sight.
- Fierce and no-nonsense, Poppy is often the first Star Guardian on the battle lines, ready to put her duty before everything else. With her trusty hammer, Poppy sees the universe as black and white: you’re either here to smash anything that threatens the sanctity of the cosmos, or you’re getting smashed.
- A gentle soul with a mysterious origin among the stars, Soraka protects her team from behind the frontlines. Despite her shy appearance, she carries immense healing power and an unprecedented command of the Starlight, more than any other Star Guardian her team has encountered.
- Feared and admired, Syndra is a formidable Guardian from an earlier era, whose history is cloaked in shadow. She acts as an advisor on Ahri’s team, but despite her captain’s trust, some members suspect there is no price that Syndra won’t pay to achieve her personal ambitions.
- Pajama Guardians
- The First Star has burdened Ezreal with a lot. The responsibility. The hefty weight of destiny. The sparkly outfit (he's used to it). “Attending a slumber party” was definitely not on the list of expected cosmic duties. Not that he minds, really... as long as they don't actually try to braid his hair.
- Fuzzy onesies! Paper fortune tellers! Cuddly, incoming! Lulu's so ready for this slumber party. Even Pix is excited, and getting into the spirit of things. Star Guardians are destined to protect the universeâ€”but that doesn't mean they can't have a little fun along the way!
- As captain of her Star Guardian team, Lux knows the importance of a little R&R. As host of the party, though, she's still working on the relaxation part. It's hard to cut loose—especially when a certain handsome blond Guardian keeps flashing that charming grin!—but Lux's boundless optimism still lights up any room.
- Sarah Fortune does not usually attend slumber parties. Nor wear fluffy pajamas. Nor play Truth or Dare. But Lulu insisted, and Lux asked so nicely, so somehow Sarah found herself doing all three. At least her pajamas came with holsters—juuust in case some cosmic enemies show up. You never know. It could happen.
- The other girls (and Ezreal) seemed excited for the pillow fights, and staying up all night talking. Soraka was most excited for the cinnamon rolls she brought from Pantheon's Pastries. But nothing makes her happier than seeing her friends smiling and laughing.
is a charismatic captain who leads a team of both new and veteran Star Guardians, from the outer edges of the cosmos. Having experienced the pain of losing teammates in the line of duty, she is viciously protective of her “family,” and a strong desire burns within her to ensure no one she cares for ever fades away again. These events have also shaped how she approaches other teams and their captains, especially the less experienced ones like Lux. There’s no more room for patience and understanding in her universe—tough love is all that’s left. Though that be the case, none are immune to Ahri’s own unique charms.
- Meet her Magical Medium - Kiko
The mischievous Kiko accompanies Ahri as a vulpine embodiment of her charisma… and sass. Even unprompted, Kiko isn’t shy about saying how it really feels, though only Ahri can understand its unique language. As biting as the creature’s manners can sometimes be, it’s not too proud to turn down a good belly rub and cuddle. Just try to refrain from saying, “Aww.”
A member of Ahri’s original team, is a hot-headed gunslinger, renowned across the galaxy as a monster slayer. Angry at losing comrades, the second-in-command now fights in their memory—not out of a sense of duty, but for vengeance. Even with new members joining the team, she can’t forget her past. She is always the first to charge into battle, often ignoring her own safety as long as she can take down every beast in sight. Her short temper often leads to butting heads with teammates who she sees as wasting time when they could be laying waste to the enemy. Despite being scornful of others, the only member of the team Miss Fortune truly holds at a distance is Syndra, who she suspects has less noble reasons for her return.
- Meet her Magical Mediums - Boki & Baki
Boki and Baki are twins born of Sarah Fortune’s desire for vengeance, but it’s hard to tell by their playful, best-friends-forever demeanor. Where Miss Fortune charges forward with a burning rage, this duo allies with her from a more easygoing perspective. It’s no fun watching the bad guys burn if you can’t butt-bump about it!
A gentle soul with a mysterious origin among the stars, protects the team on their perilous missions from behind the frontlines. Despite her fragile appearance, the second-year carries immense healing power, unparalleled by any other Guardian the team has encountered. Her unprecedented command of the Starlight and willingness to put everyone else’s needs ahead of hers has earned the team’s trust and respect—the ever-humble warrior, Soraka only shyly accepts her responsibility. Like Lulu, she has a special connection to the stars, though she and her team do not fully understand it yet.
- Meet her Magical Medium - Shisa
Grumpy and overprotective, Shisa guards Soraka from anything that could threaten her safety, including her own naiveté. The tenacious creature is often frustrated by Soraka’s trusting nature, and will throw itself into a fit or sulk for a good while afterwards–although red bean ice cream has been known to cut its tantrum time down by half.
Feared and admired, is a formidable Star Guardian from an earlier era. Like Janna, her history is cloaked in shadow, but it’s clear as day that she is an ambitious warrior who is quick to dismiss those she deems unworthy of her time. Currently, she acts as an advisor on Ahri’s team, guiding them away from unforeseen dangers and toward a promising future. Despite Ahri’s trust in her, some members have questioned the veteran’s true motives and suspect there is no price that Syndra won’t pay to achieve her personal goals.
- Meet her Magical Mediums - Multi
A triple-manifestation of Syndra’s incredible power, Multi represent an array of emotions. These impish orbs make various squeaks, chuckles, and snickers while carrying out the veteran Guardian’s will. They never stray too far from her side; she is the center of their little universe, and the only one who can juggle their energy.
Before he was awakened by the First Star, was a born explorer with boundless curiosity for the world around him, and becoming a Star Guardian only served to further fuel his appetite for discovery. Now, the universe is his uncharted map, the stars his destinations. As a newcomer to the team, his energy can be both refreshing and annoying to his teammates. The burdens of being a Star Guardian are lost on him—he’d rather focus his energy on solving the exciting mysteries of the galaxy. During the team’s travels, he has been known to wander off without notice, but always returning when he is most needed. For the time being, though, a certain pink-haired Guardian from another team has caught his attention...
- Meet his Magical Medium - Yuuto
Yuuto is a mirror of Ezreal’s youthful wanderlust, though it prefers to witness their travels from inside the explorer’s gauntlet. But when out in the open, the feline freely roams the skies, serving as a valuable scout. It can also fuse with Ezreal to grant him angelic wings and the power of flight, which often leaves an impression on the ladies.
Cheerful, courageous, and just a bit clumsy, shines the brightest among her Star Guardian team as its captain. While young and inexperienced compared to teammates like Janna, the pink-haired teen’s optimism inspires others in the face of an unkind—but in her eyes, noble—destiny. Protecting the universe is a responsibility that Lux is committed to, even if she doesn’t fully realize the gravity of it just yet. There are many challenges ahead on her journey to becoming a strong leader worthy of the First Star’s call. For now, Lux truly believes that as long as they fight together, there is no darkness they can’t overcome.
- Meet her magical Medium - Radiant Staff
While some Guardians’ unique power manifests in a magical creature, others hone their innate powers into weapons. Lux’s selfless nature and purity of purpose are channeled into an ever-glowing staff blessed by the Starlight. With enough coaxing from Lux, it can also draw out a sweet, long-eared companion named Mimi.
There are Star Guardians who solemnly and respectfully hold to their duty to defend the cosmos… and then there is . When the First Star imbued her with the power of Starlight, the cynical teen rebelled, refusing to treat her powers as anything more than a plaything to serve her own interests. Even now, this selfishness causes her to repeatedly clash with her teammates, who can’t understand why such an explosive soul was chosen to serve the order. While Jinx scoffs at protecting a world she doesn’t trust, she does believe in her childhood friend Lux—and if someone could see into the depths of Jinx’s heart, they’d see a furious, burning need to keep those she holds dear out of harm’s way, at any cost.
- Meet her Magical Mediums - Kuro & Shiro
Creatures known to transform into physical weapons, Kuro and Shiro are Jinx’s willing tools of mayhem. Kuro is ferocious and adores all things colorful, explosive, and glittery. Shiro’s blank expression masks a truly disturbed soul; Jinx recalls only ever seeing Shiro’s strange grin in the aftermath of one particularly savage fight.
A veteran Star Guardian, now mentors the young and impressionable Lux. This seasoned Guardian rarely offers information about her mysterious past, and often seems preoccupied with memories of another place and time in her life. While distant and soft-spoken, Janna is the wisest of her team, holding a wealth of knowledge about their greater purpose and gently guiding them towards true understanding. Her poise and quiet strength are deeply admired by her teammates, and even Jinx can’t ignore the respect that her presence commands.
- Meet her Magical Medium - Zephyr
Of those who know Janna, Zephyr is her oldest friend and confidant. It often glides around her, emanating a soothing glow that calms allies in the midst of even the most chaotic battle. While other magical companions on its team exude energy and whimsy, Zephyr’s quiet and unassuming nature serves as a counterbalance to keep the group in harmony.
No one takes their Star Guardian responsibilities more seriously than . A fierce warrior with an even fiercer personality, Poppy wields her hammer judiciously and frowns heavily upon any Star Guardian who is doubtful (or in Jinx’s case, flippant) about the call of the First Star. While she doesn’t see herself as a hero, she is often the first Guardian on the battle lines, ready to put her duty before everything else. Her no-nonsense attitude carries her team along, especially at times of indecision. To Poppy, the universe is black and white: you’re either here to smash anything that threatens the sanctity of the cosmos, or you’re getting smashed.
- Meet her Magical Medium - Light's Hammer
Poppy found a loyal companion in the form of a trusty weapon, and her bravery and intense desire to do good are now bound in the weight of her winged hammer. Only Poppy can wield it; if the Hammer of Light had feet, it would stubbornly dig its heels into the ground, rejecting anyone else who dared try to carry it.
The youngest member of Lux’s team, is an odd but gifted second-year at Valoran High School. Her unique relationship with the Starlight, the source of every Star Guardian’s power, lets her communicate with it like a close companion. To Lulu, this inner world is the most wondrous place, and anything outside of it is not as interesting. Because of her fascination with the Starlight, outwardly she may appear unconcerned with the gravity of her responsibilities. This whimsical behavior is puzzling to some teammates, but they accept her and all her eccentricities. At the end of the day, Lulu can be counted on to support her team—and let them know that the light supports them, too.
- Meet her Magical Medium - Pix
Pix has been with Lulu since long before the whimsical youth joined the Star Guardians... or so she claims. A golden ball keeps the bubbly creature afloat, though Pix can also fly by flapping its long ears. It loves food that tastes green.
A New Horizon
- The Star Guardians reference the genre of (e.g. , , )
- dance references while her recall animation references the aforementioned Sailor Moon series (side-by-side comparisons can be seen here and here respectively).
- There are more Star Guardians in the Galaxy (their current status is unknown).
- is the first male Guardian.
- All Star Guardians obtain their powers from the First Star.
- Every Star Guardian must first sign a binding contract before formally becoming one ( never read hers because 'TLDR')
- Earning the Mark of the Star Guardian required doing the Star Guardian Quiz before 20-Oct-2016.
- It is unknown how much (or even if) a certain is involved with the Star Guardians.
- The Star Guardians possess two theme songs:
- 'Burning Bright' composed by Edouard 'Ed the Conqueror' Brenneisen.
- 'Endless Starlight ~Shine of Life~' (命のキラメキ; inochi no kirameki) performed by Kanae Asaba (浅場佳苗; Asaba Kanae) for the Japanese server.
- When the player uses a the following Star Guardian skins on the ally team, a stripped-down version of "Burning Bright" will play as the game starts:
- If the player uses the following Star Guardian skins on the ally team, a stripped-down version of the "A New Horizon" will play (it will then transition into "Burning Bright") as the game starts:
- The Pajama Guardians wear onesies of their familiar.
- Phreak jokingly referred to Urgot as a Star Guardian in his new champion spotlight.
- Related Music
- Related Videos