Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stealth is the mechanic by which some units become invisible for a determined period of time. Stealth is divided into three categories: Camouflage (also known as Strategic stealth), Invisibility (also known as Tactical stealth) and Stealthed traps.
| Camouflage is a form of stealth that is activated preemptively in order to ambush an enemy or to bypass the enemy's vision.
Champions with Camouflage
- Evelynn's Shadow Walk enters camouflage after being out of combat for seconds, ignoring unit collision while stealthed. Entering combat or using an ability breaks camouflage.
- Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt enters camouflage for up to 14 / 22 / 30 seconds, gaining 15 / 30 / 45% bonus movement speed. Attacking or casting most spells breaks camouflage.
- Twitch's Ambush enters camouflage after 1 second for 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 seconds, gaining 10% bonus movement speed, increased to 30% while moving towards nearby enemt champions who cannot see him. Attacking or casting spells breaks camouflage.
| Invisibility is a form of stealth that is activated while in-combat to grant a champion a reprieve, or the ability to reposition.
Champions with Invisibility
- Akali's Twilight Shroud, while inside the smoke cover, Akali immediately gains invisibility and 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100% bonus movement speed. If Akali uses a basic attack or ability inside her smoke cover, she will reveal herself for 0.65 seconds.
- Kha'Zix's Void Assault enters invisibility for 1.25 seconds, gaining 40% bonus movement speed and ignoring unit collision for the duration. After 2 seconds of leaving stealth, and for the next 10 seconds, Void Assault can be cast a second time at no cost.
- Shaco's Deceive enters invisibility after 0.125 seconds for 1.5 / 2.25 / 3 / 3.75 / 4.5 seconds. Shaco remains invisible even while casting Hallucinate. Casting Jack in the Box briefly reveals Shaco's position, but doesn't make him targetable.
- Talon's Shadow Assault enters invisibility for up to 2.5 seconds, gaining 40 / 55 / 70% bonus movement speed. Basic attacking or casting an ability breaks invisibility.
- Teemo's Guerilla Warfare enters invisibility if he stands still for 1.5 seconds without acting or being acted upon. He will remain stealthed so long as he doesn't move, doesn't act, or is displaced. If within a brush, Teemo gains stealth after 0.75 seconds even while moving and may move freely within its boundaries without breaking stealth.
- Vayne's Final Hour, while active, empowers Tumble to turn Vayne invisible for 1 second on cast.
- Wukong's Decoy enters invisibility for 1.5 seconds.
|Stealthed Traps have a unique form of stealth that cannot be seen except through Scryer's Bloom, or an enemy turret., , ,|
Champions with Stealthed traps
- Shaco's Jack In The Box summons a box at the target location, which stealths after 2 seconds, lasting up to 60 seconds.
- Teemo's Noxious Trap tosses a mushroom trap on the ground, which stealths and arms after 1 second, lasting up to 5 minutes. While armed, mushrooms grant sight in a 212.5-range radius.
|Vanish is a form of stealth that only applies to champions. It makes the champion untargetable (even from fountain laser), invulnerable, and completely invisible even when under or .|
Champions with Vanish
- LeBlanc's Mimic vanishes for 0.1 seconds upon casting an empowered basic ability.
- Shaco's Hallucinate vanishes for 0.5 seconds.
There are various ways for a champion to gain the ability to see stealth. A champion with this ability will see stealthed enemy units as partially translucent. When a revealed stealthed unit leaves the revealed area that unit does not experience a fade time; the unit immediately turns stealthed again. The following is a list of possible ways to detect stealthed champions:
- 75 -
- 300 -
- Active: Summons a drone that escorts you for the next 10 seconds. The drone outlines camouflaged, invisible and unseen enemies (including stealth, fog and brush) as well as revealing and disabling wards and stealthed traps within a radius area ( second cooldown).
- Limitations: Limited to 1 Trinket. Switching to a Totem-type Trinket will disable Trinket use for 120 seconds. Cannot be purchased until level 9.
- Availability: Summoner's Rift
- Active: Summons a drone at the target location for 6 seconds ( range). The drone outlines camouflaged, invisible and unseen enemies (including stealth, fog and brush) as well as revealing and disabling wards and stealthed traps within a radius area ( second cooldown).
- Limitations: Limited to 1 Trinket. Trinkets cannot be used in the first 30 seconds of a game. Selling a Trinket will disable Trinket use for 120 seconds.
- Availability: Summoner's Rift
The following abilities can reveal stealthed units for a period of time:
- Fizz's Chum the Waters will reveal a stealthed unit if this attaches to the fish.
- Lee Sin
- Lulu's Help, Pix! will reveal enemies if they stealth themselves while Pix is attached to them.
- Morgana's Soul Shackles
- Nidalee's Hunt
- Twisted Fate's Destiny will reveal all enemy champions.
- Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt reveals all nearby enemy champions inside the ability radius.
- Zyra's Rampant Growth will reveal stealthed units that step over the seeds.
Allied turrets have a "true sight" stealth detection range that will reveal any stealthed unit. This range is equal to the turret's attack range. Note that neither inhibitors nor nexuses possess this property.
Presence detection without reveal
All abilities that do not require single target to cast can affect stealthed champions (but will not reveal them).
Certain abilities can only be cast if an enemy is in range of the AoE casting circle - these abilities will light up and become available to use even if the only enemy in range is a stealthed enemy.
- Katarina's Death Lotus
- Kennen's Electrical Surge can detect stealthed champions due to the particle effect pointing in their direction. The stealthed champion will not be revealed.
- Morgana's Soul Shackles
- Nocturne's Duskbringer will provide semi-reveal if it lands. Though stealthed unit will still be immune to auto attacks and targeted spells, Duskbringer's trail will compromise the position of said unit for 5 seconds, even through movement.
- Rek'Sai's Tremor Senses will perceive the position of any moving unit, even stealthed ones.
- Soraka's Starcall heal animation shows if the skillshot hit a champion, whether it's invisible or not.
- Talon's Noxian Diplomacy causes struck enemies to leave behind a trail of blood even during stealth, similarly to Nocturne's aforementioned Duskbringer.
- Teemo's Noxious Trap will explode but not reveal stealthed champions.
- Tryndamere's Mocking Shout
- Viktor's Chaos Storm will follow a stealthed target and fire it's lightning bolts at it. The stealthed champion will not be revealed.
- Vladimir's Tides of Blood can detect stealthed champions due to the particle effect flying in their direction. The stealthed champion will not be revealed.
- Warwick's Blood Scent does not reveal stealthed champions but if they are within range and below half health, he will receive the movement speed bonus.
While skill shots that do damage and/or stun such as Ashe's Enchanted Crystal Arrow will still hit stealthed champions, they will still not be revealed. Note that the visible projectile will stop short of its trajectory and show visual and audio effects (e.g. Dr. Mundo's Infected Cleaver will make a splatter and show a small eruption of blood upon impact) if a stealthed unit is hit, indicating the stealthed champion's presence but not revealing them. Here are some more ways to detect stealthed enemies since they'll function the same as if they are unseen in brush.
- Lux's Light Binding will visibly entrap the stealthed champion without revealing the champion.
- Morgana's Dark Binding will visibly entrap the stealthed champion without revealing the champion.
- Varus' Chain of Corruption will visibly entrap the stealthed champion without revealing the champion.
- Zyra's Grasping Roots will visibly entrap the stealthed champion without revealing the champion.
- Urgot's Acid Hunter can still missile lock on stealthed champions if hit with Noxian Corrosive Charge. You won't see the champion but you can see the debuff animation and follow it with your mouse.
- Hook-type skillshots ( Nautilus' Dredge Line, Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab, Amumu's Bandage Toss and in some circumstances, Leona's Zenith Blade and Thresh's Death Sentence ) will show the effect of the hook happening without revealing the stealthed champion hit, revealing the champion's location.
- Ezreal's skills will grant him a stack of his passive for each champion hit, revealing if there are stealthed champions nearby.
Forcing enemies out of stealth
Taunting a stealthed enemy will cause him to attack, automatically revealing him and forcing him out of stealth. This can work if you target a visible stealthed unit or if the enemy is currently entering into stealth. With AoE taunts, such as Shen's Shadow Dash or Galio's Idol Of Durand, this is easier as you can force every stealthed champion in the area to attack, even if they are invisible.
In the case of Teemo's Camouflage, skills which force him to move - such as Nautilus' Dredge Line, Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab, Hecarim's Onslaught of Shadows, Darius' Apprehend and knockbacks will also force him out of stealth.