- "Going in combat by affecting an enemy champion" refers to any form of effect that makes you go in combat. This includes effects that don't deal damage (e.g , placing , ).
- The following elements will trigger Sudden Impact:
- (for any champion entering the tunnel)
- dash (does not work if used at point-blank)
- The effect does not trigger on  or , as they only cause the champion move in closer to their target, not necessarily "dash" in the traditional sense.
- Emerging from brush does not trigger Sudden Impact.
- will trigger Sudden Impact, allowing her to have it active whenever in combat with champions and when off cooldown.
- will trigger Sudden Impact, allowing champions that do not have any dash, blink, or that do not utilize stealth or , to activate the rune up to every 40 seconds. The cooldown can be futher reduced with active item cooldown reduction such as or .