- "Going in combat by affecting an enemy champion" refers to any form of effect that makes you go in combat. This includes effects that don't deal damage (e.g , placing , ).
- Emerging from brush does not trigger Sudden Impact.
- will trigger Sudden Impact, allowing her to have it active almost the entire game.
- will trigger Sudden Impact, allowing champions that do not have any dash, blink, or that do not utilize stealth or , to activate the rune up to every 40 seconds. The cooldown can be futher reduced with and .
- The effect does not trigger on  or , as they only cause the champion move in closer to their target, not necessarily "dash" in the traditional sense.
- Magical Journey will get the effect. can activate Sudden Impact, and hypothetically other champions entering the
- dash can be used to trigger Sudden Impact. However, this only happens if the ability makes you move. Using it at point-blank will not trigger it.