- For champion spells, see champion ability
Summoner Spells are abilities that players can use for their champions on the Fields of Justice.
They are chosen in Champion Select before the start of the game. Each player is allowed two summoner spells chosen from a list. Summoner spells can be used in game to aid a player’s champion in various ways as each spell has a unique effect. Some summoner spells increase in effectiveness relative to your champion's level, but many provide the same effect at champion level 1 as they do at champion level 18. They do not have any cost other than their cooldown.
Unlocking and Cooldowns
The number of spells that are available to a player are determined by their summoner level. At summoner level one, a player begins with 4 spells to choose from. Then as a summoner reaches new levels, he/she will unlock new spells up to level 10.
- The table below shows what summoner level unlocks which spell(s), the description of the spell, their cooldown, and their range.
|4||Shields your champion for for 2 seconds.||180||Self|
|6||Restores 50% maximum mana to you and 25% maximum mana to nearby allies.||240||Self, with area of effect of 600|
|9||Removes all disables (excluding Suppression and Airborne) and summoner spells debuffs affecting your champion, as well as granting 65% Tenacity for 3 seconds.||210||Self|
|4||Exhausts target enemy champion, slowing them by 30%, and reducing their damage dealt by 40% for 2.5 seconds.||210||650|
|7||Teleports your champion a short distance toward your cursor's location.||300||400 (Smart cast)|
|1||Your champion is granted ghosting for 10 seconds, gaining increased movement speed. Grants a maximum of movement speed after accelerating for 2 seconds.||180||Self|
|1||Heals the caster and the target nearest to the cursor (prioritizes the most wounded allied champion if no allied champions are near the cursor) for health, also increasing both targets' movement speed by 30% for 1 second.||240||Self, 850 for ally|
|9||Ignites an enemy champion, dealing true damage over 5 seconds, applying Grievous Wounds and revealing them for the duration. The sight will not reveal stealth champions.||210||600|
|6||Active: Throws a snowball a long distance, dealing true damage to the first enemy unit hit. If Mark hits an enemy, you gain the ability to cast for the next 3 seconds. |
Mark will grant sight of brush while passing through, and will grant true sight of a hit target. The true sight is granted by the Mark buff, so it is lost when is used.
The snowball will bypass spell shields., and
|6||Active: Your champion surges into the target struck by , dealing true damage to the target. Dashing to the target will reduce cooldown by 25%. |
You lose the ability to cast Dash if the marked target dies or removes the mark.
|9||Smiting deals true damage, based on champion level, to a monster or enemy minion.|
Smiting a large monster restores 70 (+ 10% of maximum health).
|7||After channeling for 4.5 seconds, your champion teleports to target turret, minion or ward. You may reactivate Teleport to cancel it, placing it on a 200 second cooldown.||300||Global|
- These spells were removed with some being replaced by other in-game effects.
|8||Reveals a small area of the map for your team for 5 seconds.||60||Global||N/A|
|5||Grants invulnerability to all allied turrets and causes them to attack 100% faster for 7 seconds. While Fortify is ready to cast, you deal 9 bonus damage to minions.||300||Global||Reinforce (Defense) – Turrets deal 50% splash damage when fortify is used.|
|1||Removed from game in patch 6.4.
Strengthens allied capture points or weakens enemy capture points.
|N/A||A spell only available to Riot staff that functions as a simple observer mode, meant to be used by an eleventh "neutral" player. When used, this spell reveals the entire map, allowing the user to track both teams' movements.||N/A||Global||N/A|
|8||Promotes the nearest allied Siege Minion (in Classic) or super minion (in Dominion) to an anti-Turret Cannon, healing it, granting bonus stats (depending on level), and causing it to grant the caster gold for its kills.||180||N/A||Summoner's Insight (Utility) – Increases promoted minion's bonus defensive stats by 15%|
|8||Summons a beacon withhealth for 15 seconds which increases allied attack damage by 10 – 35.||270|| 120|
|Improved Rally (Offense) – Rally also increases base ability power by 20 – 70 and increases duration by 5 seconds.|
|1||Instantly revives your champion at your team's Summoner Platform and grants 125% movement speed increase which decays over 12 seconds.||540||Self||N/A|
|1||Silences a target enemy champion for 3 seconds, and removes any beneficial buffs they have.||150||N/A||Suppression – Reduces the cooldown of Stifle by 10 seconds, and increases the duration by 0.5 seconds.|
|1||Empowers your champion, increasing ability power byand attack speed by 35% for 12 seconds.||180||Self||Summoner's Wrath (Offense) – Increases attack speed bonus to 40% and ability power gained by 10%.|
Spells and Champion Levels
During combat the spells champion level. The other spells have the same power throughout the entire battle. While in combat the spells are bound by the same rules as the champion skills, however, and are the only summoner spells that cannot be used while silenced or stunned., , , , and gain power with
Reducing Spell Cooldowns
There are three ways to reduce the cooldown of summoner spells.
- The first one is the rune , which reduces the cooldown of all summoner spells by 25%.
- The second is the rune , which reduces the cooldown of all summoner spells by 5%.
- The third is , which reduces the cooldown of all summoner spells by 10%.
The 15 second cooldown ofis not affected , but the rune does affect the rate at which charges are generated.
Summoner spell cooldown reduction is (currently) always additive:
Spells and Game Modes
Due to the different characteristics of each game mode, some summoner spells are excluded from a mode while other spells are available specifically for a particular mode. And there are also common summoner spells which are available in all modes. The following table shows the spell availability for each map:
- Rotating Game Modes use the default Summoner spells set for that map, unless specified otherwise.
- Legend of the Poro King (Howling Abyss) and Nexus Siege (Summoner's Rift) use game mode specific Summoner spells.
- In-game Summoner Spell icon tooltips always show the true cooldown, after rune and item bonuses. Cooldown display may take a few seconds to update after items have been acquired or sold.[may need confirmation for enemy summoner spells]
- Spells are map-specific. For example, if you play ARAM on Summoner's Rift, the available spells are Summoner's Rift spells.
- (removed) had an in-game tooltip error where it said it had a 510-second cooldown instead of 540.
- item. was previously removed because it was too strong, but it was since balanced and made available in all game modes until it was again removed for Season 3. The active effect returned as an
- Legend of the Poro King featured game mode. / was inspired by / from the