Super minions are powerful melee minion. They only spawn on lanes where enemy inhibitors are destroyed, and stop spawning when the inhibitor respawns. While super minions are spawning, no will spawn in that lane.
- They spawn at the front of minion waves.
- On Twisted Treeline, super minions deal more damage but have less health.
- They are controlled by artificial intelligence, and only use basic attacks to attack.
- Super minions will stop spawning shortly before the enemy inhibitor is going to respawn to prevent the inhibitor from instantly being destroyed again because of super minions.
- The item cannot be cast on super minions.
- Super minions gold reward can potentially increase infinitely.
- Their health, attack damage, and gold reward increase over time, with no known cap.
- Super minions have turrets. , which is a cosmetic item that indicates that they receive 30% reduced damage from
- Super minions have , which is a cosmetic item that indicates that they receive reduced damage from AoE effects.
- Super minions have 35 bonus armor and 35 bonus magic resistance. , which is a cosmetic item that indicates that they grant nearby minions (including other super minions) 70% bonus damage,
- They deal 20% reduced damage to the nexus.
- Super minions easily push unprotected lanes and destroy enemy turrets. They have much higher stats than any other minion, being so strong they can sometimes beat weaker champions toe-to-toe. They are the reason why inhibitors are a high priority objective.
- In Dominion mode, each minion wave was composed of 2 regular minions with 1 miniature-sized version of a super minion. They had different stats: 830 (+8 / ? min) health, 6 (+1 / ? min) armor, 23 (+3 / ? min) magic resistance, and 350 movement speed.