- For story, see Surrender
Surrendering is a vote allowing summoners to end the game prematurely. A player can call a surrender vote by typing "/surrender", "/ff", "/concede" or "/forfeit" in chat, or by going to options screen, choosing "More options", and then pressing "Surrender" button. Calling a surrender vote is equivalent to voting for one. Initiating a surrender vote will show a pop-up for 60 seconds from which players will be able to cast their vote for or against the motion. At least 70% of the team must agree to surrender in order for the vote to pass. This means that on a team of three or fewer players, the entire team must agree. Any player who abstains from the vote is counted against the motion to surrender.
At the end of the 60 seconds, if less than 70% of the team have agreed to surrender, the vote fails and cannot be initiated again for three minutes. If more than 70% do agree to surrender, the game will end in victory for the opposite team.
Players can vote by clicking "Yes" or "No" button, as well as typing "/surrender" or "/ff", or "/nosurrender" or "/noff" respectively.
Summoners can not call a surrender vote before a certain time is reached.
- On Summoner's Rift, surrenders cannot be called before the 15 minute mark. However, the surrender vote must be unanimous if the vote is called prior to the 20 minute mark.
- On Twisted Treeline, surrenders cannot be called before the 15 minute mark.
- On Howling Abyss, surrenders cannot be called before the 10 minute mark.
If you attempt to surrender earlier, a "It is too early in the game to surrender!" message will appear.
- On Summoner's Rift, you must wait 3 minutes after a failed vote before your team can call another surrender vote.
- You can surrender even if your team has destroyed the enemy nexus, before the "Victory" message appears. It will end up with Defeat for the surrendering team, even though they have already destroyed the enemy nexus and completed the game objective.
- Completing the surrender process while your nexus is being manually destroyed will result in the Nexus exploding twice.
- If the enemy team surrenders and you surrender in quick succession afterwards you will end up surrendering even though the enemy team surrendered first, thus ending in a loss for your team.