|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Swain was designed by Coronach.
- Swain was the first champion to be announced and then reworked before he went live. As shown in his Champion Spotlight, Torment's damage over time was increased by the amount of damage taken in its duration.
- Nevermove is a reference to the narrative poem , by .
- Swain's raven is named Beatrice.
- When Swain dies, Beatrice flies off the screen.
- Beatrice can be seen on the Crystal Scar. She will land on the barrier near the Boneyard node for a short time and then fly off.
- Interestingly, if Swain dies while casting Decrepify, there will be two Beatrices on the battlefield, one attached to the laser and one on his back when he falls to the ground.
- Swain's Ravenous Flock transformation has a similar appearance to Tzeentch's daemon servants, the Lords of Change, from the franchise.
- The ending quote to Swain's background is based on Joseph Heller's novel .
- Based on the lore, Swain was unable to compete in the Ionia Versus Noxus Grudge Match due to recently becoming a member of the Noxian High Command, thus needing to take time away from the League to put all his affairs in order.
- Swain is the second champion to feature a transformation ability, the others being Nidalee, Shyvana, Zyra, Jayce and Elise.
- The icon for Swain's Ravenous Flock is similar to the icon for Vladimir's Tides of Blood.
- Swain's quote, "The early bird guts the worm," is based on a famous idiom, "The early bird gets the worm."
- While Ravenous Flock is active, Swain has three separate /jokes and an additional /taunt, unlike other champions with "true forms".
- In polish client, selection quote is "Rozdziobią was kruki, wrony" (You gonna be pecked out by crows and ravens), which is a reference to Stefan Żeromski's 1895 novel of the same title.
- The color of Swain's form in Ravenous Flock changes with different skins. Classic Swain is black, Northern Front Swain turns white, Bilgewater Swain turns red, and Tyrant Swain is blue, with clothes and a staff. In addition, Beatrice's form is either a snowy owl or a parrot in Swain's respective skins.
- It is a reference to the , a major military organization created during the .
- It is likely a reference to , the antagonist of the novel .
- Beatrice is a scarlet macaw. In the American splash art Beatrice's flight feathers are blue and green, as opposed to the real life macaw's blue and yellow feathers, however, on the Chinese splash art the colors are just like the real life parrots.
- He is seen with Beatrice being a macaw, however, real life pirates actually had Amazon Parrots as pets, as opposed to the exotic Macaw.
- It can be seen in the left of Battle Bunny Riven's Splash Art. It is also seen during the coronation scene.
- This skin thus depicts Swain after his rise to Grand General, the highest position of power in Noxus.
- This is also the only skin in which Swain is not dependent on his cane to walk; he instead carries a staff.
- Swain was the Grand General, and now leader of Noxus, one of Valoran's most powerful city-states.
- Swain was a member of the Black Rose, a dark and mysterious group that controlled Noxus before the rise of the military government. They were thought to no longer exist. However, with the reemergence of their leader Leblanc, the Deceiver, the Black Rose are working towards getting the organization back into power.
- Swain and Jarvan IV, the Exemplar of Demacia, have a deep, hate-filled rivalry. He has attempted to kill Jarvan IV on several occasions.
- After attending one of Sona's concerts, he stated: "Her melody moves the soul, her silence sunders the body."
- During the War of Kalamanda, Garen and his Dauntless Vanguard hindered the progress of Swain and his army's advancement at every turn.
- Swain has formed an alliance with Darius, the Hand of Noxus, and they worked together to unite the nation behind a vision of true Noxian strength.
- Swain possibly knows the reason for the mysterious disappearance of Katarina's father.