- His given name is after  the surname from Old Norse sveinn "boy". , from Semitic wari - "moon";
- Swain's raven is named Beatrice.
- When Swain dies, Beatrice flies off the screen.
- Beatrice can be seen on the Crystal Scar. She will land on the barrier near the Boneyard node for a short time and then fly off.
- Swain's transformation has a similar appearance to Tzeentch's daemon servants, the , from the Warhammer franchise.
- The icon for is similar to the old one for .
- The Art Spotlight for his S|L] is the first one ever released. [
If Swain dies while casting, there will be two Beatrices on the battlefield, one attached to the laser and one on his back when he falls to the ground.
- Swain's Ravenous Flock transformation has a similar appearance to Tzeentch's Greater Daemons, the Lords of Change, from the franchise.
- The ending quote to Swain's background is based on Joseph Heller's novel .
- In the old lore, Swain was unable to compete in the Ionia Versus Noxus Grudge Match due to recently becoming a member of the Noxian High Command, thus needing to take time away from the League to put all his affairs in order.
- Swain is the second champion to feature a transformation ability, the others being , , , , and .
- Swain is voiced by .
- While dancing, he whistles a tune from his theme.
- While playing a game on Summoner's Rift, Swain's flock of (depending on the skin it could also be Snow Owls, Macaws, Demon birds, or Dragons) can be seen around the map.
- His mannerisms, quotes and the "Grand General" persona are reminiscent of from .
- At the start of the game there is a chance of thematic music with ravens in the background.
- His demonic left arm could be a reference to in the . After losing his left arm, Murtaugh discovered he had a third "karma" arm, which was extremely powerful and capable of causing mass destruction. Murtaugh pursues his goals with similar ruthlessness as Swain.
- As a nod to his old lore, Swain has a raven named  (< Latin beatrix "she who gladdens") . In addition, this may be the name of the Demon of Secrets that he had overpowered, as its true name is unknown.
- Swain's Trifarix Council was probably based on the Roman , Swain being the Leader of Vision;
- The Black Powder Plot to assassinate Swain references the by English Catholics to blow up and the .
- Swain plays a vastaya strategy game called Xa'h.
- Swain was designed by Steven 'Coronach' DeRose.
- Swain was the first champion to be announced and then reworked before he went live. As shown in his Champion Spotlight, damage over time was increased by the amount of damage taken in its duration.
is a reference to the narrative poem , by .
- According to David 'Phreak' Turley, ability was originally supposed to be called Nevermore and was called Nevermove as a pun. When the ability was implemented in the game the name was not changed back.
- e "The early bird guts the worm," is based on a famous idiom, "The early bird gets the worm."
- In polish client, selection quote is "Rozdziobią was kruki, wrony." (You gonna be pecked out by crows and ravens), which is a reference to Stefan Żeromski's 1895 novel of the same title.
- e "Any man who must say 'we are winning' is not truly winning" and e "A one-armed man needs all the help he can get." are references to Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones.
- e "Only this, and nothing more" is a reference to Edgar Allen Poe's poem "the Raven".
- He shares the quote "Do not try my patience."
- Unlike his previous transformation, Swain cannot perform his personal interactions such as joking and taunting.
"They move swiftly for all the coins weighing them down.", "The mind is the weapon. You are unarmed.", "Fame has gone to your head, and found ample room within." and "You're the only man I know who believes his own words, even after he's said them." reffer to Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.
- "Do not confuse cowardice for wisdom.", "You can sit on a throne, that doesn't make you a ruler. It only means you have an arse.", "They expect me to play fairly. We aren't even playing the same game.", "Patience is a virtue but it has its limits." and "There is nothing noteworthy about Demacia, but that in itself is worth noting." reffer to one of Discworld character - Ankh-Morpork's (One of cities on the Disc) ruler Lord Havelock Vetinari. Swain and Vetinari both share bein part of patrician's family.
- As noted by the community, Swain's new Classic appearance strikingly resembles .
- His theme is heavily based on the USSR National Anthem.
-  , , and were all inspirations for Swain, in terms of either history or fiction.
- It is a reference to the , a major military organization created during the .
- His appearance resembles that of from the series.
- He also resembles from the manga .
- It is likely a reference to , the antagonist of the novel known as .
- Beatrice is a scarlet macaw. In the American splash art Beatrice's flight feathers are blue and green, as opposed to the real life macaw's blue and yellow feathers, however, on the Chinese splash art the colors are just like the real life parrots.
- His updated appearance resembles that of classic .
- He shares this theme with:
- This skin thus depicts Swain after his rise to Grand General, the highest position of power in Noxus, and subsequent take-over of his body by the demon.
- This was the only skin in which Swain is not dependent on his cane to walk; he instead carries a staff.
- He can be seen on the left of S|L] Splash Art. He is also seen during the coronation scene. [
- This skin was codeveloped alongside Swain's Visual Gameplay Update due to being an old promise to players.
- He is a Draconic Antagonist to the Dragonslayer skin line.
- He used to be a Dragonslayer, but was overtaken by the power to turn the dragons against the Dragonslayers, the very monsters he was trying to destroy.
- His quotes concerning ravens are omitted.
- He shares this theme with:
- Swain was a member of the The Black Rose, a dark and mysterious group that controlled Noxus before the rise of the military government. They were thought to no longer exist. However, with the reemergence of their leader , the Black Rose are working towards getting the organization back into power.
- During the War of Kalamanda, and his Dauntless Vanguard hindered the progress of Swain and his army's advancement at every turn.
- Swain and , have a deep, hate-filled rivalry. He has attempted to kill Jarvan IV on several occasions.
- cut off Swain's left arm during the Battle of the Placidium.
- Swain has formed an alliance with , and they work together to unite the nation behind a vision of true Noxian strength.
- Swain possibly knows the reason for the mysterious disappearance of father.
- Swain saw as a fanatic who couldn't be swayed or reasoned with. Both Urgot's fanaticism, and his place within Noxus at the time made him a liability to the Empire. Especially with Urgot's flawed view on Might, that would have been at odds with Swain's principles on strength.
- ↑ J. Huehnergard, 2011 Proto-Semitic Language & Culture; Semitic Roots, p. 2078
- ↑ Weninger et al. The Semitic languages, p. 193
- ↑ http://skaldic.abdn.ac.uk/db.php?id=81555&if=default&table=lemma&val=sveinn
- ↑ @ JesterCapp / Art Team [Official]
- ↑ @ JesterCapp / Art Team [Official]
- ↑ DeVaan, M. Etymological dictionary of Latin, p. 202
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/7vqwkp/were_the_rioters_who_updated_swain_ask_us_anything/dtuh1si/
- ↑ 'https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/7vqwkp/were_the_rioters_who_updated_swain_ask_us_anything/dtugfi5/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/7vqwkp/were_the_rioters_who_updated_swain_ask_us_anything/dtuffva/