|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- It is recommended to get one of your spells to rank 5 as quickly as possible to benefit from its Transcendent bonus.
- It is also recommended that smartcasting is used on all of Syndra's abilities except her ultimate. This allows for seamless transition between her abilities and faster combos, which is critical in team fights.
- To get out 4 bonus spheres (the maximum possible) you need more than 30% cooldown reduction and you can do this by using the following combo: Q, Q, W (targeting the first sphere), Q, Q, followed immediately by Unleashed Power. However, the delay on her ultimate and the increased micro management requires a higher level of skill on an already difficult champion. For most players, it may be more efficient to try using Q and E, Q again and W on the first dark sphere, and then use Unleashed Power - this sacrifices one or two dark spheres on her ultimate for a quicker, more reliable combo.
- Four sphere combo is mostly used to kill a very tanky champion, like a fighter.
- Two sphere (assuming you actually hit the damage of the sphere summoning itself) is usually enough to smash a squishy target (Syndra decimates squishies) like a Marksmen or Mage.
- One or no sphere is only used if you have everything else on cooldown and need to kill someone immediately, the damage is actually quite respectable with only one bonus sphere.
- If you notice your opponent is easily avoiding all your Dark Sphere try to become more conservative about it, the low cooldown makes it tempting to use continuously, but pushes the lane if you hit minions (and invites junglers) and drains your mana quickly.
- Dark Sphere has no channel upon cast, which means you can cast it without interrupting your movement. Take this into consideration when playing Syndra, since it allows you to kite and chase enemy champions easily.
- During laning, keep Syndra always on the move, only stopping to last hit or kill someone. This way Syndra will be more safe from skillshots and delayed abilities and she wll be free to poke with Dark Sphere while still moving.
- To maximize your chances of hitting the enemy champion with Dark Spheres, use it right when they last-hit.
- After you hit an enemy champion with Force of Will, follow up with Dark Sphere; they'll be slowed and have a hard time avoiding it. If you are confident enough in your own aiming, casting Dark Sphere right after Force of Will will cause them to hit at the same time; this can save a few seconds if you are considering a combo for Unleashed Power.
- When being chased in the jungle, use Force of Will on a nearby neutral monster to slow the enemy champion.
- Thin choke points like most of the jungle will make it easier to use Scatter the Weak when an opponent gets too close.
- Force of Will can be used to throw enemy player pets such as Annie's Tibbers to get them away from allies or yourself.
- Even though it is possible to teleport while carrying a minion or buff with Force of Will the link will break and it will be released from where you teleported from.
- Placing a Dark Sphere directly in front of yourself and then follow it up with a quick and well aimed Scatter the Weak gives you a long range stun.
- Try using Scatter the Weak right after using Unleashed Power for an increased chance on stunning enemies for a quick follow up of Force of Will and Dark Sphere.
- Placing a next to the enemy blue buff camp makes it easy for Syndra to steal it using Force of Will.
- When fleeing, creating a Dark Sphere, followed by Scatter the Weak or Force of Will, can give a good distance between you and enemies.
- Try to stay back in teamfights since Syndra is pretty fragile.
- Her main damage abilities, Dark Sphere and Force of Will have good range so she can stay back.
- You should only get close to use Unleashed Power (before rank 3 the range is quite short) after you have summoned about two spheres.
- If someone gets too close punish them with a Dark Sphere into a stun with Scatter the Weak. If the enemy is relentless drop another sphere, a Force of Will and a finishing ultimate.
- Syndra's damage output is reliant on a high CDR build - it will provide stronger harass with Q and W combos, and being able to maintain more dark spheres on the battlefield will potentially increase the damage on Unleashed Power.
- The passive on synergizes with all of her spells to varying degrees; however the bonus mana on will help with Syndra's high mana costs and may be a preferable option depending on your runes and masteries.
- Building a will help provide Syndra with more AP and CDR, as well as its active effect will help with her damage out put and improve her burst.
- Due to Syndra's low cooldowns on Dark Sphere, an early , and then an , can be charged quickly and therefore a viable item to have.
- It has been debated that is a better purchase on Syndra due to the active, which triggers per sphere during Unleashed Power. With only Muramana for mana, the bonus damage per sphere at full mana is between 93-129 (level 6-18). This is the single most damage attainable from only a single item, and is the equivalent of having 465-645 bonus ability power. This is 279-387 bonus damage with only the minimum 3 spheres.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Get boots early when playing against Syndra, they'll help you avoid many of her spells.
- Constantly moving or strafing unpredictably will make it much harder for Syndra to harrass you with her Dark Spheres
- Attack Syndra after she's used Scatter the Weak, it has a long cooldown, so she will be vulnerable.
- With no reliable escape tool she is also easily ganked and weak against champions with gap closers and crowd controls.
- If Syndra keeps creating Dark Spheres in a situation were she would be better off doing something else (like re-positioning or knocking back enemies), then she is likely preparing to use her ultimate.
- Syndra is a bursty mage, try to focus her down first if you are having problems with her damage.
- The Scatter the Weak and Dark Sphere stun combo can be very hard to land if enemy is too close to her, meaning bursty melee assassin can kill her with ease.
- If using this method, beware her ultimate Unleashed Power since it has pretty short range, meaning she might use it on you, being the closest person. Try this plan when her ultimate goes on cooldown. (Warning: at rank 3 her ultimate's range is increased by 75)