|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Tahm Kench was designed by Zenon.
- His in-development nicknames were 'Fish Tank', 'Fez Tank', and 'Two-coats'.
- He is voiced by Pat Duke.
- He spent seven months in development.
- Tahm is an Estonian word for "ash", as well as the pronunciation of the Hebrew word for "taste" (טָעַם). A kench is a bin in which fish and animal skins are salted, and Middle-English for "loud laughter".
- Tahm Kench represents the foibles of mankind.
- His appearance and name changes from culture to culture, person to person. His current form is linked with Bilgewater.
- His current name, Tahm Kench, is the name of the Gambler that came from Bilgewater. The actual demon spirit had no personal name of its own. It is the embodiment of the person's actual inner flaws.
- His names have been carved into Runeterra's history exactly like Aatrox, but Tahm is too much of a gentleman to make a fuss about it.
- While Aatrox represents the embodiment of mankind's thirst for bloodshed, Tahm represents the flaws of an individual.
- Tahm is able to eat whatever he wants, but his appetites are specific. The bargains he makes enable him to get what he truly wants.
- When he dances, he will use his tongue to play the tune of the song he hums in The River King.
- Tahm Kench is the first melee champion with a base attack range of 200. Mordekaiser also gained 200 base attack range after Juggernauts update.
- This gives him and Mordekaiser the highest base attack range of any melee champion.
- He is one of few champions who can CC themselves, along with Varus, Vi, Xerath, Rumble, Sion, Ziggs, Blitzcrank, Caitlyn and Lissandra.
- A popular theory among the community was that the Gambler and the Bride in Tahm's teaser trailer were Twisted Fate and Evelynn, with respect to their lore as well as thematic and visual similarity, respectively (Twisted Fate is the Gambler and Evelynn has arm-tassels).
- Prior to his release, whenever a player laughed in the river of Summoner's Rift, one could hear Tahm laugh in answer. This worked only once per match, and could only be heard by the person who triggered it.
- A poro and the Scuttle Crab makes an appearance in the splash art of Master Chef Tahm Kench.
- His appearance took inspiration from real life
- This is also the second champion to get a Koi fish skin as his release skin, first being Nami.
- When he uses his jokes, he spits out:
- A .
- A piece of .
- A .
- A .
- This skin took inspirations from various sources:
- from the game, " ".
- from the movie, " ".
- from the game, " ".
- Japanese Television cooking show, " ".
- This skin is a tribute to April Fools Day 2016.
- This skin is also a tribute to Urf.
- He shares this theme with Nami, and Warwick.
- The current demon's appearance is the embodiment the Gambler's, Tahm Kench's, foibles.
- Tahm Kench knows a lot of champions, both as fellows and adversaries (some that get consumed by their inner demons, and those that overcome them).
- He seems to be on friendly terms with, or at least respects Aatrox. This might be because both like to manipulate mankind for personal gain, but also because Tahm Kench himself is also something of a timeless entity in Runeterra's history.
- Main Theme
|Tahm Kench's Theme|