- Playing as
- After casting a spell, attempt to attack with cooldown reduction components. If you need more healing charges for sustain, all the more reason to keep whacking. to utilize its
- Try to position yourself to evenly distribute your abilities with over a wide area for your team.
- Playing against
- Taric's ultimate, , has a long delay before its effect. Try to quickly assess whether to disengage a fight or attempt to kill his allies before it goes off.
- Taric reduces his spell cooldowns by basic attacking enemies with . Try to kite him for approaching the minion wave in lane.
- is arguably Taric's most important basic spell. Without it, he will lack damage as he can't get close enough to use and a source of initiation or peel as it is his only source of CC, thus forcing him to play defensively. Fortunately, it is very dodgable due to the telegraphed cast.
- Don't underestimate damage in the early game, it has a substantial scaling and frequent uptime when Taric fights.
- does not make its targets immune to CC. Holding him or his allies down can waste the ability's duration and waste its effectiveness.
- Playing with
- Remain close to receive the benefits of his AoE spells, it won't cost him any more when healing multiple people.
- The delay on is the moment you need to get into position to stun as the ally.
- It is ill-advised to cast this costly ability for the sake of Bravado procs.
- In a teamfight, try to heal many allies with a couple charges at once. It's a burst of healing for the same cost as one charge.
- Keep linking to allies in distress to give them the shield.
- Most teams are divided in two parts during teamfights - the frontline and backline. If you are in the frontline use Bastion on your ADC, and if you are in the backline use it on your tank/bruiser or your assassin if they are melee like or .
- This should be used more preemptively than normal due to the cast delay.
- You can cast this on a linked diver as they engage out of range, the effect will still activate on them.
- Cosmic Radiance has a long delay, and most of the time the enemy team will try to kill your carries before the proc. Use it right after you use Dazzle, this will help your carry defend itself for the 2.5 seconds delay and then kill the enemy during the next 2.5 seconds in which they are immune.
has tons of synergy with Taric's kit from active effects to buffs to his durability.
- is yet another shield that works within the proximity Taric keeps to his allies.
- heal and shield power to a dramatic effect given how often he can cast his abilities. gives Taric more
Taric functions best as a tanky protector/support that accompanies an ally while particularly scaling with armor and health. As such, build items that grant Armor, Cooldown reduction, Magic resistance, Health, or Mana.
There are plenty of situational options of durability items that Taric can take advantage. Some of them grant armor or mana that serve him well, while others can protect him against magic.
- icy zone can proc from , and helps Taric stay close to his target.
- basic attacks since it does everything against them. All the stats from this item are also very good for Taric's uptime. is one of the best defense items against enemies using
- can be paired with to really cripple attack speed reliant champions. Its critical strike reduction passive also helps in dealing with champions that rely on critical strikes and its active provides another source of CC in the form of a slow. Active and Passives aside, the high health and armor values that this item provides also increases Taric raw tankiness. However, bear in mind that this item, for the most part, only benefits Taric, making it a somewhat selfish purchase.
- massive armor stat, along with its damage reflecting passive, makes it seem very appealing. Much like however, it only benefits Taric. Also take into consideration that if playing as a support, it is unlikely that enemies will be focusing you over squishier targets which renders passive less effective.
- is a good item to get for protecting an ally under frequent fire when doesn't reach them as often as they need it. It outperforms as a linking item because has too long of a cooldown for frequent usage.
- is very effective on Taric even if the enemy isn't heavy on magic damage, and it also bolsters for Taric's survival.
- is a good choice with and having AP scaling. As a melee champion you will often be in range weakening the enemy's magic resistance. The more magic damage both the enemy and your own team have, the more value this item brings.
Alternatively, Taric can build a mixture of Attack Speed, Attack Damage, and on-hit effects to synergize with attack speed boost and damage. Although it can do very high damage, building this way is not recommended as Taric lacks an easy way to stick to targets and a lot of his kit will be less effective.
Synergies & Counterpicks
Taric has two glaring weaknesses: Poke and magic damage.
|Works well with:||Struggles against:|
Graves - the Outlaw
Graves and Taric pair up pretty comfortably, and thrive when they get aggro. Graves' short range means he pretty much has to get real close to the things he wants to shoots holes out of, at which point Taric has a much easier time landing Dazzle and kick in (remember they both have delays in their cast time) Graves is usually enough to survive a few seconds of punishment.on his . What's more, while other marksmen might die before
Zyra - Rise of the Thorns
Zyra's a real headache for Taric, particularly during laning. Not only does she have plenty ofand to punish the Shield of Valoran's lack of mobility, but she can effectively counter his hard engages with and , too. What's more, Taric's generally pretty vulnerable to poke, which Zyra has in spades. And yes - that is a gardening reference.
Vi - the Piltover Enforcer
There's no two champ wrecking crew quite like Vi and Taric. The pink-haired punching machine always looks to go in hard on her engages, but she can go so much harder while she is Taric's. complements perfectly, stunning Vi's target as she lets loose with her very own fists of fury, while and protect her from whatever enemy attention comes her way. Taric's safety net might just encourage Vi to build more damage than usual, too, letting her knock out her targets in record time.
LeBlanc - the Deceiver
Area of effect Cosmic Radiance actually kicks in. The ult takes a couple of seconds to arm - more than enough time for a nimble-fingered and opportunistic LeBlanc player to unleash her combo and blow up whoever Taric's trying to save.and is cool 'n all, but it's all a bit pointless when an enemy assassin's able to in and blow up Taric's ally before
Diana - Scorn of the Moon
Similar to Vi, Diana loves diving squishy enemy targets, but lacks the hard crowd control she needs to secure her kills. Not with Taric on her side, who can caston League's grumpiest mid laner before her target as she lands and in. And while Diana lacks the traditional escape tools other assassins have, she'll be able to lean on alongside her natural to keep her ticking as she makes her way to safety.
Corki - the Daring Bombardier
Taric's generally a pretty tanky chap, but if there's one chink in his glorious armor, it's magic damage. The permanent armor boost on, for example, won't do a thing to slow down the magic damage pain train. Enter Corki, the most magical of marksmen who also happens to come equipped with plenty of abilities that handily expose Taric's other weakness: poke.