- During development he was simply called GemKnight.
- Taric comes from طارق Arabic 
"striker" < Semitic root ṭ-r-q "to strike".
- Ṭariq later underwent semantic shift from "striker" to "One knocking at the door; wayfarer, traveller by night" and thus "star".
- S|L] carries a giant bottle of ' [ Tropical Tan' sunscreen.
- Taric is voiced by Dennis Collins Johnson, who also voices pre-rework and .
- Initial concepts shows a champion wearing armor. This champion was later reshaped into and Taric.
- Taric is voiced by .
- Targonian Aspect before he was relaunched as such (" 're an Aspect? Let me guess: tackiness.")
dropped the hint Taric is a
- The Protector is the source of Taric's power, and produces his gems.
- Taric is not of Demacian nobility, but his family has a long military history of serving the crown.
- Except Taric, the rest of his household (at least to ) still swears allegiance to king and country.
- e "Shine on, might be referencing crazy diamond"the eponymous song by .
- "I find all life beautiful" might be referencing from .
- e "Gems are truly, truly, truly outrageous." might be referencing the eponymous song from .
- e "I have seen the light too clearly to ever fear the darkness." might be referencing ("I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.")
- Taric shares quotes with:
- He was inspired by .
- His outfit was inspired by light blue gemstones ( , )
- S|L], [S|L], [S|L], and [S|L] (with his old artwork on her phone's screen) can be seen around him. [
- His facial expression might be referencing 's.
- His outfit was inspired by the
- It references a suit of player 'Fanatik' photoshopped. from that
- His outfit was inspired by
- The stone on his chest itself resembles the Mana crystals growing on the from as well as the from .
- He shares this theme with S|L]. [
- The location resembles .
- He shares this theme with:
was Taric's lifelong friend. His nobility status allowed him to keep Taric safe from being accused of high treason and executed.
- But even Garen (who still believed in Taric but deep down thought he was wasting his talents by fooling around) turned on Taric after Voidborn killed the Shield of Valoran's men, resulting in his banishment and sentence to the Crown of Stone by himself.
- Taric appreciates the beauty in all things ( The Void his enemy. , ) His role as Aspect of the Protector, and especially past experiences, have made