Few are fortunate enough to come across the tears of the very goddess who created our world... but those who are lucky enough to acquire a Tear of the Goddess may take pleasure in a significant boost of mana points and mana points regeneration.
- After upgraded into or , the item retains the mana gained from its passive.
- Selling and its upgrades removes the bonus mana. There is a small window of time during which or related items can be re-bought while still retaining the bonus mana stacks. In addition, while any Tear of the Goddess or related item is held, the bonus mana stacks are retained, even if the original item used to gain the stacks is sold.
- Assuming a charge is gained every 4 seconds, the 750-mana unique passive takes 11 minutes and 7 seconds to max.
- The bonus mana does not stack with , , or another .
- The bonus mana does stack with and . This is due to the fully formed and not having the Mana Charge passive. The tear starts at 0 however, and must be charged again. Useful in mana stacking strategies such as Muramana .
- Manaless champions may charge the , and to get and . However, they won't get any bonuses of Awe and toggle, as well as Insight and Mana Shield.
is an ideal item for champions with low cooldown abilities such as , , , and .
- It is a good item for champions with abilities that have an upkeep cost like , , , etc.
- is the only champion in the game who is unable to charge without an enemy target (factoring only basic abilities).
- The passive cannot be charged with transform ultimates that cost no mana such as / , and .
- combines excellently with champions with spammable abilities or abilities with low costs that constantly consume mana (e.g. or ), ideally bringing a fully filled at the 20 minute mark.