Teleport is a targeted summoner spell. It is used to quickly travel from one location to a friendly turret, minion or ward anywhere on the map. It is not stopped like Recall upon damage, but can still be disrupted by hard crowd control abilities such as stuns, roots, and silences. Teleporting to an allied minion or ward will make it invulnerable for the duration of the channel.
Teleport is great for ganking if the enemy commits to a fight and is around friendly minions or turrets. Teleport is also used to quickly switch lanes to defend an unguarded tower. Another use for teleport is a backdoor maneuver where a high damage per second champion places a ward inside or near the enemy base and teleports to that ward. From there that champion will attempt to bring down as many towers and inhibitors as possible.
- A teleport can also be cancelled by the caster itself by activating the spell again, but doing so will put the spell on a 200 second cooldown (as opposed to the full 300 second cooldown).
- Teleport renders the targeted minion invulnerable for the duration of the teleport (when targeting a minion). It is possible to use teleport on a minion targeted by an enemy tower when teleporting to assist a push, preventing tower damage for those 4 seconds. It will also stop the minion from attacking or moving. While champions could use crowd control abilities to move the targeted minion, the teleporting champion will still arrive at the original position.
- Stealthed objects targeted by the spell Teleport will be destealthed for the duration of the teleport.
- When using teleport on an allied tower, the tower does not become invulnerable, although it can still attack. If Teleport is successful, it will be put on a 240 seconds cooldown, instead of the normal 300 second cooldown. Also, if the tower is destroyed as you are channeling, the teleport particle will vanish and your teleport will be canceled with the full cooldown.
- While standing at an end of a wall or other standing out part of terrain, using Teleport slightly increases vision radius just around the corners in the fog of war.
- Turrets cannot be teleported to within the first 10 seconds of a game.
- Teleport will be cancelled by the caster becoming stunned, rooted, silenced, feared, or taunted.
- When using teleport with the 28% reduction(thank to enchantment Distortion and Summoner's Insight) on a tower (or anything else that brings it down to 200 sec normally) it will have a 144 second cooldown and on something else will have a 216 second cooldown.
In addition to any friendly minion or turret, Teleport can be used on a number of allied structures and creatures. These include:
- Wards like and will be revealed to enemies for a few seconds.
- Jarvan IV's Demacian Standard.
- Thresh's Dark Passage.
- Destructible traps like Shaco's Jack In The Box and Teemo's Noxious Trap. They do not become invulnerable, but if they are destroyed during the teleport, the champion will still arrive at their original position.
- Pets like Annie's Summon: Tibbers, Heimerdinger's H-28G Evolution Turret, Malzahar's Voidling, Yorick's Omen of War, Omen of Pestilence and Omen of Famine.
- Zyra's plants (and even her seeds) and Elise's spiderlings can also be teleported to.
- Zac's bloblets that form upon death from Cell Division. Teleporting on a Zac's Cell Division will make them invulnerable, preventing them from taking damage. This way, Zac can safely revive. However, he won't revive until the teleport ends.
However, Teleport does not work on:
- Indestructible traps like Nidalee's Bushwhack and Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap.
- Champion copies like Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave, Yorick's Omen of Death and Shaco's Hallucinate.