- is listed as an essential item on: and .
- The Black Cleaver is listed as an offensive item on: , , , , , (Crystal Scar, Twisted Treeline), , , , , , , , and .
- Both passives trigger not only on basic attacks but on any effect that deals physical damage, such as , , and .
- On-hit effects do not apply an additional armor shred stack.
- Auto-attacks with and will apply stacks to nearby champions, but a champion attacked directly can't receive additional stacks.
- The armor reduction stacks from minions, neutral monsters or structures such as turrets and inhibitors. apply only to enemy champions. They will not affect
- Physical damage over time abilities will apply one stack on every tick.
- Pets that deal physical damage will apply stacks, even if they don't apply on-hit effects or spell effects.
- The very first instance of physical damage does not get the benefit of the armor reduction. The physical damage dealt is calculated first, and the debuff is applied after. This means the full benefit of the reduction is seen on the seventh hit, after all six stacks have been applied.
- Armor reduction and penetration effects stack, allowing an attacking character to benefit simultaneously from shred, penetration runes, other items such as , and champion abilities that circumvent armor.
- In conjunction with
at 6 stacks:
- reduces the armor of the enemy it hits by 39.2 / 40.72 / 42.24 / 43.76 / 45.28% for 4 seconds.
- ignores enemy armor when combined with Black Cleaver by 27.8 / 31.6 / 35.4 / 39.2 / 43% for 6 seconds.
- reduces the armor of enemy champions by 43% after they get hit by it four times.
- reduces the armor of all enemies hit by 31.6 / 34.64 / 37.68 / 40.72 / 43.76% for 3 seconds.
- reduces the armor of the enemy hit by his first attack after cast, by % for 5 seconds.
- reduces the armor of enemies hit by her autoattacks by % for 5 seconds.
- , when empowered by having more than 50 Fury, Dice will reduce the armor of all enemies hit by 35.4 / 39.2 / 43 / 46.8 / 50.6% for 4 seconds.
- reduces the armor of the target hit by 39.2% for 2.5 seconds.
- reduces the armor of his target by 39.2% to 54.4% in the next 4 seconds (the effect does not apply any stacks). The armor reduction lasts for another 4 seconds after the drain completes.
- reduces the target's armor by 39.2% for 4 seconds after every third consecutive hit.
- reduces the armor of the target hit by 31.6 / 35.4 / 39.2 / 43 / 46.8% for 3 seconds.
- reduces the armor of targets hit by his basic attacks or by 35.4% for 3 seconds. Only one target may be challenged at a given time.
- When combined, and will apply 2 stacks per instance of physical damage, instead of 1. This is because the unique passives are not named and they are not the same item. Tested. The two items share the same maximum stacks, however.
- If multiple instances of damage get applied at the same time (Ex: Zed Q with his shadow; Illaoi Tentacle hits) it will only apply 1 stack instead of 2 or more.
- Building multiple Black Cleavers can be viable: with and 40% CDR, The Black Cleaver grants 64 AD and 400 health, and is now worth:
- Starter items
- Basic items
- Advanced items
- Finished items
- Removed items