+50 attack damage
+10% cooldown reduction
Unique: +10 armor penetration
|Passive||Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion reduces their armor by 5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.|
Attack > Damage|
Magic > Cooldown Reduction
Defense > Health
|Item cost||3000g (1263g)|
- 200 health = 533g
- 50 attack damage = 1800g
- 10% cooldown reduction = 317g
- 10 armor penetration = 120g
- Total Gold Value = 2770g
- The base stats are gold efficient.
- For the item to be considered 100% gold efficient, the passive would need to have a gold value of 230g.
- The armor shred passive triggers not only on auto-attacks but on any effect that deals physical damage, such as Urgot's Acid Hunter, Garen's Judgment, and Pantheon's Heartseeker Strike.
- On-hit effects do not apply an additional armor shred stack.
- Auto-attacks with and will apply stacks to nearby champions, but a champion attacked directly can't receive additional stacks.
- The armor reduction stacks from turrets and inhibitors, minions, or neutral monsters. apply only to enemy champions. They will not affect structures such as
- Physical damage-over-time abilities will apply one stack on every tick.
- Pets that deal physical damage will apply stacks, even if they don't apply on-hit effects or spell effects.
- The very first instance of physical damage does not get the benefit of the armor reduction. The physical damage dealt is calculated first, and the debuff is applied after. This means the full benefit of the reduction is seen on the sixth hit, after all five stacks have been applied.
- provides more raw percent-based armor piercing than the full five stacks (35% to 25%, respectively), but armor shred benefits an entire team, while only augments its wielder's damage.
- Armor reduction and penetration effects stack, allowing an attacking character to benefit simultaneously from shred, penetration runes, other items such as , and champion abilities that circumvent armor.
- The armor reduction passive stacks with itself, purchasing two s will cause physical attacks to apply two stacks per hit 5 stacks cap still remains.
- In conjunction with
- Jarvan IV's Dragon Strike reduces the armor of all enemies hit by 32.5 / 35.5 / 38.5 / 41.5 / 44.5% for 3 seconds.
- Jayce's Transform: Mercury Cannon reduces the armor and magic resistance of the enemy hit by his first attack after cast, by 5 / 15 / 20 / 25% for 5 seconds.
- Kayle's Holy Fervor reduces the armor of enemies hit by her autoattacks by 7.25% for 5 seconds per stack. This debuff stacks up to 5 times (Max. 36.25%).
- Renekton's Slice and Dice, when empowered by having more than 50 Fury, Dice will reduce the armor of all enemies hit by 36.25 / 40 / 43.75 / 47.5 / 51.25% for 4 seconds.
- Trundle's Subjugate reduces the armor of his target by 40% to 55% in the next 4 seconds (the effect does not apply any stacks). The armor reduction lasts for another 4 seconds after the drain completes.
- Urgot's Noxian Corrosive Charge reduces the armor of all enemies hit by 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 / 20% for 5 seconds.
- Vi's Denting Blows reduces the target's armor by 40% for 4 seconds after every third consecutive hit.
- Wukong's Crushing Blow reduces the armor of the target hit by 47.5% for 3 seconds.
- Xin Zhao's Challenge reduces the armor of targets hit by his basic attacks or Audacious Charge by 36.25% for 3 seconds. Only one target may be challenged at a given time.