The event begins a seemingly random length of time after the following conditions have been met, and can only occur once per game:
- Kha'Zix has used all three evolution points (minimum champion level of 16).
- Although it was officially stated that the item must be at full stacks, 10 stacks on are sufficient.
- All members of both teams must be alive at the same time.
Each champion is assigned to kill the other and the first to achieve this claims victory and is rewarded (assists count). The event can only occur once per game.
- The Hunt Is On!: Rengar must kill Kha'Zix first to become the ultimate hunter (assists count). Rengar stalks Kha'Zix, his greatest prize, and the one beast to have escaped him. If Rengar is victorious, his is replaced with an item called the . This item provides the benefits of a fully stacked Bonetooth Necklace. If Rengar is successful, he gains a buff with the title " ". If he fails, he gains a buff with the title " ".
"This twisted monster has evaded me for too long. I will have his head!"― Rengar
- The Hunt Is On!: Kha'zix must kill Rengar first in order to become the ultimate predator (assists count). Kha'Zix is ready to devour Rengar, his greatest prey. If Kha'Zix is victorious, he gains a fourth evolution point. This allows Kha'Zix to evolve in to each of his four abilities. If Kha'Zix is successful, he gains a buff with the title " ". If he fails, he gains a buff with the title " ".
"I have grown and adapted since I took his eye. I will feast on lion!"― Kha'Zix
- When the event begins, there is a chime and players receive a "Quest Received" notification similar to the Mark of the Conqueror quest.
- The event can only occur once per game. If both teams have a Rengar and Kha'Zix, the event will begin for the combination who met the conditions first.
- There is no order to the requirements. The event will begin even if Kha'Zix has used his 3 evolution points before Rengar purchases the .
- The event will not begin until Kha'Zix has used all three evolution points. As these are attained by ranking his ultimate, Void Assault, level 16 is only the minimum requirement as Kha'Zix is not required to invest in his ultimate at levels 6, 11 and 16, if at all.
- While in the Public Beta, many rumors were in circulation as to how the event would start and how the prizes were obtained.