The Void is a place between dimensions and between worlds.
To some it is known as the Outside, to others it is the Unknown. To most, however, it is called the Void. It is a timeless place inhabited by various seemingly intelligent entities who, for reasons beyond human understanding, have the desire to gain entrance to and vitiate the worlds outside their realm. These creatures are called "Voidborn". Some Voidborn, however Summoning rituals, which can bring champions from other worlds, have also been known to cross into the Void. According to Vel'Koz, the Void is a very dark place, both he and Cho'Gath said that the daylight in Runeterra is too strong for them.
The lost city called Icathia seems to be connected to the Void, as some Voidborn are known to have appeared in the place and some mortals are known to have gained the void's power in it. Mortals who encounter the power of the Void generally have one of a two reactions:
- Like Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void, their minds may be overwhelmed and they may become willing servants to the dark apocalyptic destinies they see emanating from the Abyss. On Runeterra, these individuals are referred to as "The Cult of the Void".
- Like Kassadin, the Void Walker, they may be horrified and shocked into an unyielding desire to lay down their lives to forestall the doom they see. On Runeterra, these individuals are referred to as "The Preservers".
Some historical evidence show that, in times long past, there were massive magical projects throughout Runeterra oriented toward creating a bulwark against the Void. These projects and their history, however, remain apocryphal.
It also seems that all four creatures emanating from the Void seem to have a hunger that they must satisfy and apostrophes in their names:
- Cho'Gath wants to eat and grow.
- Kha'Zix seeks to consume deadly creatures.
- Kog'Maw is hungry, will eat anything he sees.
- Vel'Koz seeks knowledge.
Currently, Malzahar performs rituals with his followers to sacrifice humans to the Void. In one instance Kassadin tried to stop him, however Malzahar managed to trick Kassadin into sending his daughter into the Void.
- While they are not Voidborn, Fizz and Nocturne have a Void-themed skin.
- It would seem that all Voidborns have (been forcibly) allied with Viktor and the Glorious Evolution, further enhancing their capabilities as evidenced by their Battlecast skins.
- All champions that are Void-related stack something; Cho'Gath stacking Feast, Kassadin stacking the damage and mana cost of Riftwalk, Kha'Zix stacking his Void Assault uses, Kog'Maw stacking the damage of Living Artillery, Malzahar stacking his spell uses for Summon Voidling, and Vel'Koz stacking his spell uses for Organic Deconstruction.
|Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void||Birthplace|
|Kassadin, the Void Walker||Origin of Powers; wishes to stop the Void from spreading to Runeterra|
|Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver||Birthplace|
|Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss||Birthplace|
|Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void||Origin of Powers; works to bring the Void into Runeterra|
|Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void||Birthplace|
|Places in Runeterra|
|Field of Justice|
|Continents and Dimensions|
|From other Dimensions|